In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Jheyt

After Workout with cloth interior

I would just change clothes before leaving.  For example, towel off a bit and then put some sweat pants on over your shorts and put on a fresh t-shirt.  When I go to the gym, I wear those thin sweat wicking cloths like Hanes Cool Dri and when I leave, I just put my jeans on over them and either put on my jacket in cool weather or put a larger cotton shirt on over the Cool Dri.  Good enough to get home. 

• Like 2

Do a lot of you guys not clean your cloth interiors?

Think of it like clothes, to an extent. If you NEVER do it, they'll start to stink!

The foaming aerosol cleaners seem to do a great job. Spray on, agitate a little with a brush, let it sit for 10 minutes, then use a shop vac to get the foam off. Leave the doors open for about an hour and a half, and your seats and carpets are good and fresh.

I wouldn't think of going more than 6 months without cleaning the seats.

Sent from my SM-J810F using Tapatalk

I do crossfit and am in the same situation as you, sweaty with no available shower.  I change my shirt and i have a towel seat cover that clips around my seat.  Not this exact one but very similar.

towel seat cover

Try this.

https://www.amazon.com/ARIES-3142-09-58-25-Inch-Universal-Protector/dp/B009M0S4U2

I have been using protectors like this for many years to protect my seats after I have been working, walking trails, riding my bicycle or when I need to get parts in the middle of some repair to the house or a vehicle.

I slip it over the headrest when I need it or anticipate needing it and remove it when it is not needed. I roll it up and store it behind the seat when not in use (RCSB).

I have tried towels but found that they tend to fall off the seat back and wad up behind my back. I even tried sewing button holes (with a sewing machine my wife had) in towels and anchoring them with the headrest bars but they tended to tear out after a few uses.

On a hot summer day, I would sweat through a towel before the AC would cool me enough.

This protector has worked well for me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tim McMullen said:

Try this.

https://www.amazon.com/ARIES-3142-09-58-25-Inch-Universal-Protector/dp/B009M0S4U2

I have been using protectors like this for many years to protect my seats after I have been working, walking trails, riding my bicycle or when I need to get parts in the middle of some repair to the house or a vehicle.

I slip it over the headrest when I need it or anticipate needing it and remove it when it is not needed. I roll it up and store it behind the seat when not in use (RCSB).

I have tried towels but found that they tend to fall off the seat back and wad up behind my back. I even tried sewing button holes (with a sewing machine my wife had) in towels and anchoring them with the headrest bars but they tended to tear out after a few uses.

On a hot summer day, I would sweat through a towel before the AC would cool me enough.

This protector has worked well for me.

That's exactly what i was looking for.  Glad to know it works for you before i spend the $ on one.  Much appreciated. 

This is what I use for your exact problem.  Comes in gray or black.  Works great and is washable

Search Amazon for 

ARIES 3142-01 Defender 23.5 x 58.25-Inch Grey Universal Bucket Car Seat Cover Protector 

Edited by tboat
removed non-working URL
  • Like 1

The best solution is just to take a shower, lol. In general, I respect people who take care of their own body and health because not everyone has the courage and patience to do so.

Edited by txab
removed advertising

2 hours ago, Olivoil said:

The best solution is just to make a shower, lol.

Edit: soory, "make" not "take. Lol yes.

I've gone through the same thoughts, after a rugby practice I don't really want to climb in all soaked onto my cloth seats. We just use the high school field with no building access, so no shower possible. Most of the time I get by with taking my shirt off as soon as we're done, and delay putting on a fresh shirt until right before I hop in to try to let the sweat air dry. Doesn't work the best in the humid summers but better than full sweat. I've tried doing towels etc but yeah they fall down right quick.

Edited by jonny24

wipe ya stank butt off before getting in.

I have leather seats, but I put on a water proof jacket.

On 12/1/2020 at 1:10 PM, djw88 said:

wipe ya stank butt off before getting in.

So, does that mean he drives home naked? Or put the sweaty clothes back on? I think during the summer months I would be OK driving naked with the cooled seats on, winter with the heated function on, maybe....

Know this only applies to seats with the cool/heat function.

• Like 1

Even if I sweat I always change my clothes. I put on a clean T-shirt and some joggers and I go straight home. I feel better in this way than going with sport clothes on. Now because of the restrictions, I chose to do home sport and I bought some equipment. I wanted a long-distance runner for so long and finally, I bought it. I order it from https://calibrate.fitness/nordictrack-commercial-1750-review/ and to be honest, I like it a lot. It is way better than the runners from my sports center. I totally recommend it!

Edited by MichMurray

Back in the day there were arguments over how much to mill the heads and still run pump gas... and now we have questions on how to keep the seats clean.  Sigh.

• Haha 1

Back in the day there were arguments over how much to mill the heads and still run pump gas... and now we have questions on how to keep the seats clean.  Sigh.
Don't forget all the talk about screens. Sad for sure

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk