Depends on the lift and also depends on personal choice. I have a 4 1/2" CST bracket lift, so no track width increase. No spacers needed.

However popular lifts like the Zone or BDS 4 1/2" are knuckle lifts, so they increase front track width 1 1/2" per side. I would say most people running a knuckle lift,  add 1.75" spacers to the rear to even front and rear trackwidth.

9 hours ago, NorEaster said:

I was just curious as to whether people ran spacers after they did their lifts. I have read that you need a 1.5" spacer on the rear after adding a 4.5" lift to compensate for the front track width being wider.

Personal preference. Like said above, some lifts will add width to front and not rear due to being independent front suspension. So you'll front tires will stick out further than your rear tires. It bugs the hell out of me when i see this on the road so i would definitely add spacers if it were me.

16 hours ago, NorEaster said:

Awesome guys. Yeah that's what I've read, just wasn't sure on spacers because I know it's a lot of wear and stress on a vehicle 

Not the best but Not so bad as long as they're torqued right and not huge spacers. Also make sure your studs are long enough to get enough threads on the lugs nuts.

• 3 years later...
On 4/4/2020 at 9:23 AM, SSchup said:

Depends on the lift and also depends on personal choice. I have a 4 1/2" CST bracket lift, so no track width increase. No spacers needed.

However popular lifts like the Zone or BDS 4 1/2" are knuckle lifts, so they increase front track width 1 1/2" per side. I would say most people running a knuckle lift,  add 1.75" spacers to the rear to even front and rear trackwidth.

Why would you run 1.75 spacers for the rear if the difference is 1.5? Just curious because I am trying to figure out which size to order.

3 hours ago, 06Cateye said:

Why would you run 1.75 spacers for the rear if the difference is 1.5? Just curious because I am trying to figure out which size to order.

I could be wrong but I believe that the front wheel base is slightly wider than rear to begin with. When doing the various lifts, the fronts will stick out more and past the wheel well. Not using a wide enough rear spacer and the amount the front wheels stuck out will be greater than the rear ones and give an "unusual" look. By using slightly wider rear spacers, it will put the rear wheels on same track as front wheels and will give a more balanced look.