if you have the obd2  scanner , and use "torque" scanner app it will give you flywheel horsepower and torque output, no dyno needed ...

I'm guessing 250hp at the flywheel

Edited by flyingfool

16 hours ago, davester said:

That's like asking if someone has dyno'ed their lawnmower's engine... ?

You mean like the lawn mower engines that power Jr. Dragsters or the ones that power pulling lawn tractors? People tune every size motor ever made and have them dyno tested. 

On 4/6/2020 at 1:49 PM, Cesar Ramirez said:

Hello all,

Has anyone Dyno tested a 4.3? 

I owned the 4.3l trailboss ended up trading up for a 6.2 the 4.3 is honestly overlooked though zippy little engines for sure powered the trailboss no problem for me the 6 speed trans was the down side. If you want to dyno it I can’t see why not performance can come under any hood with enough money and know how. 

Among other (performance) cars I had in the 70s forward. I had a 74 nova custom with the SS package. It came with a 350 4 barrel factory duals. It had under 200HP. Even after headers, high rise, bigger carb and a cam. I doubt it reach the HP of today’s 4.3. So treated one as a performance engine wouldn’t be a stretch. Especially in a two door on E-85 and a little tweaking it would probably give the heavy 6.2 truck a run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Among other (performance) cars I had in the 70s forward. I had a 74 nova custom with the SS package. It came with a 350 4 barrel factory duals. It had under 200HP. Even after headers, high rise, bigger carb and a cam. I doubt it reach the HP of today’s 4.3. So treated one as a performance engine wouldn’t be a stretch. Especially in a two door on E-85 and a little tweaking it would probably give the heavy 6.2 truck a run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto my 76 Corvette. L-48 350 under 300 hp with Hooker headers, SP2P manifold, Holley, Crane cam.  My 4.3 287 hp. 

• Like 1

those little 6 cylinder LS motors  are the perfect motor for a turbo layout in a light car like a Camaro ,  less engine weight to mess up handling, you get the perfect exhaust pulse off of a 3 , or 6 cylinders to really spin the turbo quickly,  it has a skirted block to support the crank up over 1000 hp,  and the short stroke long con rods keep the piston speed low so you can rev it out. .  they are bad ass motors and just need to be tinkered on.. and cheaper than spit at the junk yards cause it aint no v8, makes you think again about buying a used 6 cylinder Camaro for a fast road race car to compete with BMW, Audis, etc...  best Yet, there are no OHC, just one simple cam running LS  1.8 rocker arms

Edited by flyingfool

• 1 month later...

I don't know how different the newer 4.3's are...but I can tell you the 4.3 they put in the S10's back in the mid 90's was no slouch in its day. I had a 96 S10 SS with a vortech supercharger that would runs 8's in the 1/8. 4.3 is (or was at least) a 350 small block missing 2 cylinders. 

I have the 4.3 in a 2020 custom. Not towing anything big and I got the truck for a very reasonable price. I am really impressed by the motor. It’s not a sports car, but I have not once thought I needed more motor. Now, I haven’t towed anything heavy, but for general use it is more than enough. And for a truck that ended up in the mid-$20s I couldn’t be happier.