Caught the last day of the truck month clearance deals and brought home this beauty!  

First step is storage.

I have been looking at tool boxes, but having a hard time deciding.  There are so many options.

Flat black, shiny black, hammered metal look, or aluminum?

then, recessed or low profile?

I think the silver could pull off any color

Would love to see pics of other members tool boxes.

My favorite so far are the shiny black with the rails on top which I think would be great when needing a place to tie the tarps to.

78E7506F-81AB-478D-ACE9-A4F4C5D60C3C.jpeg

DC977B6F-4576-480A-9D75-5EF3494A8419.jpeg

Caught the last day of the truck month clearance deals and brought home this beauty!  

First step is storage.

I have been looking at tool boxes, but having a hard time deciding.  There are so many options.

My favorite so far are the shiny black with the rails on top which I think would be great when needing a place to tie the tarps to.
78E7506F-81AB-478D-ACE9-A4F4C5D60C3C.jpeg.87bd0b08a75b6e7470228e3bf9f9bbd7.jpeg
DC977B6F-4576-480A-9D75-5EF3494A8419.jpeg.31193ba1f2ea23e163ea87d4e531b9e4.jpeg
Just a couple of side boxes

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Check out Highway Products. They have multiple styles, finishes, and colors available. They are a little pricey, but you definitely get what you pay for. They come with a lifetime warranty, are made from 1/8" thick aluminum, have an automotive door style weather seal, and all the hardware (piano hinge, lock set, lock rods, etc.) are all stainless...

They custom built my box about 3.5 years ago. I had them build it a little narrower to suit my needs. It is a satin black powder coat finish to somewhat match the the black plastic bed rails covers and factory spray in bed liner. The tool box lid is what they call leopard - lightly shaved diamond plate for a two-toned effect. Its something different that I initially wasn't to sure of, but really liked it once I received the box. They have other finishes like this available too...

They even have some pretty cool bed rails for additional tie down points if that is something you need too.

They do include two tie down hooks on the box itself...along with a bottle opener inside the lid to open a frosty cold beverage should the need arise...   

Tool box rear.JPG

Tool Box LED (day).JPG

Tool Box side.JPG

3 hours ago, EJCarter said:

Check out Highway Products. They have multiple styles, finishes, and colors available. They are a little pricey, but you definitely get what you pay for. They come with a lifetime warranty, are made from 1/8" thick aluminum, have an automotive door style weather seal, and all the hardware (piano hinge, lock set, lock rods, etc.) are all stainless...

They custom built my box about 3.5 years ago. I had them build it a little narrower to suit my needs. It is a satin black powder coat finish to somewhat match the the black plastic bed rails covers and factory spray in bed liner. The tool box lid is what they call leopard - lightly shaved diamond plate for a two-toned effect. Its something different that I initially wasn't to sure of, but really liked it once I received the box. They have other finishes like this available too...

They even have some pretty cool bed rails for additional tie down points if that is something you need too.

They do include two tie down hooks on the box itself...along with a bottle opener inside the lid to open a frosty cold beverage should the need arise...   

Tool box rear.JPG

Tool Box LED (day).JPG

Tool Box side.JPG

Thank you for the info, pics, and suggestion.  That is a really great looking tool box.  I will check them out

Full size toolbox and sometimes wish I had more storage. But it's a tradeoff with the smaller beds on these new trucks. 0c52a235fc2da1b584475def65fb33c0.jpgad14a508371b647e339c255dc901bdae.jpga3b4b54b68f76c78027695b36a589222.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

First step is storage.

78E7506F-81AB-478D-ACE9-A4F4C5D60C3C.jpeg.87bd0b08a75b6e7470228e3bf9f9bbd7.jpeg
DC977B6F-4576-480A-9D75-5EF3494A8419.jpeg.31193ba1f2ea23e163ea87d4e531b9e4.jpeg
I'm sorry, I just realized the photos didn't attach. I went with the better built side boxes. Only as wide as the wheel well so still leaves plenty of bed space.236102afda90aa75f84219e9b512f223.jpg3e6a56783b811b10d0cbab020551bc23.jpgceffc290bcba921192def488d590fb58.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Before I posted this last weekend I almost bought one at tractor supply.  But wasn’t sure how I would like it.

I searched through the forums and saw a toolbox I really liked.  So I messaged and asked the guy what toolbox he had.  Sure enough, it was the exact same tractor supply tool box, so i bought one:

227CEA73-7F7E-49A6-8077-451A3962AF1E.jpeg

On 5/16/2020 at 11:48 AM, Duramax3oh said:

Great looking truck!!

From a purely visual preference, I would go with a low profile glossy Black tool box. Spray in bedliner, real wheelhouse liner and tint the front windows. ?

Thanks!  Spray in bed liner and wheel liners are the next two items on my list

• Like 1