Tightening front shock nut HELP

I mistakingly removed the nut on top of my front passenger side shock while installing MotoFab front leveling kit. I got everything back together but the shaft spins and I can’t grab it with anything due to it being sunk into frame. Any ideas on what to use to tighten this up?   I’ll try to snap a pic tomorrow. 

Edited by danmc96

Wait you removed the top strut bolt that holds the spring down? Did you remove it completely? If so you will need to pull the coil over out and use a spring compressor to re-secure the nut.

A vise grips with some rubber hose on the ends would work if you can get it to grab on to the shock piston through the coil spring. Then brap it down with an impact gun.

I have had good luck with the weight of the truck pushing down on it and the impact going to town.

If you are asking how to reassemble a completely apart strut and coil Then yes, you will need some spring compressors.

• 8 months later...
On 5/16/2020 at 12:51 AM, danmc96 said:

I mistakingly removed the nut on top of my front passenger side shock while installing MotoFab front leveling kit. I got everything back together but the shaft spins and I can’t grab it with anything due to it being sunk into frame. Any ideas on what to use to tighten this up?   I’ll try to snap a pic tomorrow. 

whats the update on this issue? were you talking about the center nut on the strut?