hey everyone, I know I'm probably out of luck on this, but I am wondering just how different the rear frame is between a 2014 1500 and 2500. I am looking at the Ultimate Air Ride kit for the back, but they only have it available for 2500 and 3500.  I know the frame is taller, but haven't been able to find how much so. and if there is any difference in the axle tube size of the rear diff. I know there will definitely some modifications to the brackets required, but I'm trying to see if it is feasible to try to adapt their kit or if it isn't worth it.

or if anyone knows of something similar, not like the Air Lift load leveling kits, for the 1500's. I love having my truck lifted, but it would be nice to make loading my bikes and toys easier as well as the load leveling with a trailer.

I’m pretty sure you can get the ultimate kit you’re talking about on the truck but, from my experience, the kit will be a rough ride if you are not loaded. The 3/4T kits are designed much heavier than the Airlift kit.  I built my own in 1999 and learned an awful lot in the process. Why is an HD kit necessary? Airlift makes a good kit. 

12 hours ago, BlackisBeautiful said:

12 hours ago, BlackisBeautiful said:

I’m pretty sure you can get the ultimate kit you’re talking about on the truck but, from my experience, the kit will be a rough ride if you are not loaded. The 3/4T kits are designed much heavier than the Airlift kit.  I built my own in 1999 and learned an awful lot in the process. Why is an HD kit necessary? Airlift makes a good kit. 

Air lift only makes a load leveling kit. Ultimate Air Ride is a lift kit that will go 6 to 10 inch lift, but air down to 1.5 inches over stock height for loading. A large part of their marketing is that it doesn't decrease the towing capability but helps a 3/4 ton or 1 ton ride like a 1/2 ton.