What is the 6.2 engine getting in MPG

I'm averaging 18 in mixed driving..although I do have a somewhat heavy foot. One highway trip I've taken so far it avg'd 21 ...I've had the truck two months, 2000 miles. 

I've mainly driven mine since buying in Jan 20 on highway road trips to my kids 300 miles away. Early on it was 20-21 mpg. Now it's 22+ and my last trip back home was 24 with the AC running. Keep in mind I drive the speed limit, 60-70 and am a self described as SSSSSmooth (other say slow). I added a camper top at some point and I seriously think it helped the MPG. This is on a 2020 Silverado HC, CC, 6.5" bed and Max tow pkg-3.42 

Pretty dang amazing considering the power available

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, ArTurf said:

I added a camper top at some point and I seriously think it helped the MPG.

Had a Ford F-150 and the shell made it way worse. Outcome varies wildly and I'm glad to hear it helped yours. Been thinking of it.

New Silverado owner here. I have a 2020 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab short box LTZ 6.2, Z-71 off road and protection package with 20 in wheels and all terrain tires. I’ve only had it for 2 weeks. On a mini road trip up the coast from where I live about 240 miles round trip. With my wife and teenage son. Driving 65-70 on the highway and going 5 over the speed limit through sleepy coastal towns. With the ac on full blast the whole time. This truck averaged an unbelievable 24 mpg. I said no way possible! It’s too new. I decided to stop in and fuel up at the Mobil station up the road from me. And it actually averaged 24.22. With my math. The trucks computer listed mpg as 24.36. I didn’t buy this gigantic land yacht for fuel economy. But I am really impressed with the mpgs if you can somehow keep your foot from going to the floor. Because fast trucks are fun to drive. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wiggums said:

Had a Ford F-150 and the shell made it way worse. Outcome varies wildly and I'm glad to hear it helped yours. Been thinking of it.

I can’t prove it helped just seemed that way. Maybe the engine was just getting loosened up. Anyway I’m happy with the top and the mpg

• Like 1

2020 Crew Cab RST Z71 w/ 20" A/T's...averaging around 18 mixed highway/city driving. Best so far on a 300 mile roadtrip was about 22-23. Towing our 6400 lbs loaded camper I get between 8-9.

6400 miles on mine, life of the truck the readout says 18.8, mostly city driving...Covid traffic levels mind you lol. If I keep my foot out of it I have gotten 24.8 best on a 50 mile average (actual trip was about 90 miles where the speed limit is 55 most of the trip. On a normal highway where I run 80ish, I can expect 18-19