What is the 6.2 engine getting in MPG

I don't know if it because my truck is brand new (not broken in enough) but I am not getting anything like these numbers. My first fill up I was at 11 mpg. Bought the truck about 50 miles from home and only saw 17 mpg on the highway. Second tank the computer still has not gone over 12 mpg.

I do mostly city but it is a stock 2020 AT4 at the moment. I am also driving the kids and wife around mostly so no lead foot. Not sure why I am getting such low numbers.

I have about 10k miles on my NHT 6.2 with 3.42 gears.  Set it on cruise at 68 and got almost 22mpg for a 150 mile trip.  Not too bad.  Also getting a little better mpg towing now.  My 6000lb camper was initially giving me 8mpg, but its now between 9 and 12 depending on wind direction.  Average is about 9.5.

7 hours ago, ElmoTheRed said:

I don't know if it because my truck is brand new (not broken in enough) but I am not getting anything like these numbers. My first fill up I was at 11 mpg. Bought the truck about 50 miles from home and only saw 17 mpg on the highway. Second tank the computer still has not gone over 12 mpg.

I do mostly city but it is a stock 2020 AT4 at the moment. I am also driving the kids and wife around mostly so no lead foot. Not sure why I am getting such low numbers.

Just filled mine up today. 14.9 mpg. Mostly city. I only have 1500 miles on mine. I hope it improves. I am almost getting what my jeep jk got with crap gears and 35's

Those reporting worse gas mileage, did you take the bricks off of your feet before driving?

LOL

Nothing really to report with little over 3000 miles on a March 2020  unit since  mileage is all over the place because I can't seem to keep my foot out of it, especially when towing the boat.

Zoom Zoom

Did another mileage check returning home from camp. Last time got 28.4MPG with a tailwind at 55MPH. This weekend had a very slight head/crosswind and got 25MPG at 60MPH

I have the CAI and Cat Back exhaust running 3.23 gears and 91 octane and 50PSI in my Duratrac tires.

IMG_0284.jpg

• 1 month later...

2019 AT4 (6.2)

20 inch wheels with the OEM Bridgestone tires.

Every week I get 19-22 mpg. 

One trip from Austin - TX to the Gulf cost, 4 people, bed full of stuff, around 4 hr drive, average from start to end was 24.1 mpg.

Pretty amazing really.

Edited by carpendj

On 8/4/2020 at 4:47 PM, Denny NWO said:

Did another mileage check returning home from camp. Last time got 28.4MPG with a tailwind at 55MPH. This weekend had a very slight head/crosswind and got 25MPG at 60MPH

I have the CAI and Cat Back exhaust running 3.23 gears and 91 octane and 50PSI in my Duratrac tires.

IMG_0284.jpg

I did another mileage check, this time I ran Regular 87 octane and the 64 miles from camp to home on the highway at just over the 55 MPH speed limit with the cruise control set at 57MPH and got 29MPG. My best mileage posted a few pages back was 28MPG and I have concluded that there is no noticeable difference between running 91 octane over 87 octane when driving economically. I did notice after the fuel mileage check when i strapped on my lead filled shoe, that the motor slightly knocked when pushed hard and the power was not the same. Back to premium fuel. 

Mileage Check Sept 7 2020.jpg

On 7/21/2020 at 7:25 PM, nick mcintire said:

Can you guys tell me what you are actually getting for gas mileage on the 6.2 engine.

I have heard some pretty good numbers but an wondering what most people say.

I was getting, read out, about 16 but real world math was 14.7-15 around town 21ish highway. Traded up to a 2020 2500 with Duramax for towing..because when I took a 1200 mile family trip to Montana towing our 7000lbs trailer, I got 7.8 mpg. You have to plan fuel stops accordingly at that rate with only a 24 gallon tank, which is ridiculous.

Edited by Londart2020

My lifetime just went up to 13.1mpg (3300 miles) after a 700 mile roadtrip to Mammoth last weekend.  Got about 17mpg on way up (cruising at 75, but continuous climb from sea level to 9000ft), and almost 22mpg on way home (75-80, almost all downhill, but got caught in traffic on Cajon Pass). 

It's just the around town that kills it...I average 12-13, and with my 4 year old in the truck, driving gingerly and no excessive throttle...it just is what it is.  Disappointed it's not better than my 2010 with 6.2/6spd combo (which also had 3.73 gears with Max Tow!), but it's just an overall bigger and heavier beast.