Service ESC engine power reduced

2019 Silverado RST 5.3.. 26k miles. Took it into dealer for software update and minor recall repairs and the truck has died twice in 4 days, luckily only while in park idling. 

Interior lights and connections all still on but engine shuts off. Only way to restart is to disconnect the battery. Dealer says they can’t get the codes bc the battery was disconnected. No longer feel safe driving a Chevy. Will trade it in once repairs are done. Last 3 Chevy trucks have had some major issues prior to 36k miles. I’ve bought 7 chevys in the past 10 years. 

dealer seems clueless to the service ESC problems with new model silverados. 

• 1 year later...

I had the same issue last night. The truck has been randomly dying at idle. It then started idling very rough and I turned it off before it died in hopes to not damage something more. I got the service esc on the dash, a check engine light, and reduced engine power warning. I turned the vehicle on and off several times to see if I heard anything, then the check engine light went off. Wondering if you found out a solution.

Did the service Electronic Stability Control message happen before you took it in?

Does it come up at the same time as it stalls? 

(although I don't know what esc would have to do with engine stalling)

Edited by redwngr

My esc light  and ck engine light came on at the same time engine reduced power also display  dealer replaced ecm and drove approximately 5 miles and same thing  stopped at rrest area, got back in and esc light was off.drov approximately 50 miles, no problem till I stopped at a stop sign  took off driving and esc light came back on and engine reduced power 

• 1 year later...
On 9/4/2021 at 4:06 PM, James Pavey said:

My esc light  and ck engine light came on at the same time engine reduced power also display  dealer replaced ecm and drove approximately 5 miles and same thing  stopped at rrest area, got back in and esc light was off.drov approximately 50 miles, no problem till I stopped at a stop sign  took off driving and esc light came back on and engine reduced power 

James did you find problem?