Experiences purchasing GM accessories via GM website?

GM is still running their accessory sell via online orders: 10% off $100, 15% off $250, 20% off $500+.  I'm trying to purchase a few things and it won't apply the discount. I've gone all the way to the "Submit to finalize" button and it doesn't apply.  Have any of you purchased using the discount? If so, did it apply it automatically? or does it refund after the purchase?    Thanks! 

On the screen where you confirm your info and place your order, there is a spot on the lower left for manufacturer's coupons.  Click that and it will bring up the discounts that are running right now.  I just ordered the 6.2l performance exhaust with the borla tips.  It was only $50 more than the exhaust w/o the tips, $40 after the discount.  

On 7/25/2020 at 1:43 PM, PhilB said:

On the screen where you confirm your info and place your order, there is a spot on the lower left for manufacturer's coupons.  Click that and it will bring up the discounts that are running right now.  I just ordered the 6.2l performance exhaust with the borla tips.  It was only $50 more than the exhaust w/o the tips, $40 after the discount.  

My experience was the same as Phil’s.  There was a “current offers” link above the promo code box.

If you know the part numbers, check with your local dealer. Sometimes they can order up stuff for a better discount than 20%. On a LOT of things. My dealer gives me a 25% below MSRP discount on anything I buy there. 

Also, check the part numbers at some of the other dealer websites for ordering parts. I bought painted wheel well moldings from ShopChevyparts.com, normally 650, for somewhere around 485 SHIPPED!  Even if you had the 20% coupon for it, you'd pay 520 PLUS more for shipping. 

So it pays to check around. Unless you just want to pay more for the same part number.

My dealer wasn't willing to match GM's 20% off, so I only had a few items included in my truck purchase. I then went home and jumped on the computer, and bought more stuff. I opted to have my items sent to my dealer for pickup so shipping would be free. The following morning my dealership called and said 1 of the items I ordered online was backordered (black SILVERADO and LT badges). When I asked how long they estimated it would take to receive the item they said about a week. It actually took 2 weeks (12 days to be specific). When everything came in the dealership called me and said everything was ready for pickup. I found that overall communication was great. The 20% coupon was easy to use. I had 0 problems with the online ordering process. When I asked the dealership their role in all of this, they said they're just a distribution point between GM Accessories and the customer. I didn't ask if they get credit for selling the parts, or even a bit of money. I considered it too rude and nosy to ask about. I took 2 trips to the dealership today to grab a much as I could. The biggest item won't fit in my SUV while I have my kids, so I asked the dealership to keep it safe until tomorrow afternoon. Instead, they offered to deliver it to my house for free tomorrow morning. It's almost like Amazon and UPS, lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Transient said:

My dealer wasn't willing to match GM's 20% off, so I only had a few items included in my truck purchase. I then went home and jumped on the computer, and bought more stuff. I opted to have my items sent to my dealer for pickup so shipping would be free.  .....   When I asked the dealership their role in all of this, they said they're just a distribution point between GM Accessories and the customer. I didn't ask if they get credit for selling the parts, or even a bit of money. I considered it too rude and nosy to ask about.

Transient, I mentioned the online sale and my local dealership and asked if they could match the 20% off and get credit for the sale.  They said they best they could do was 10% off, but if I ordered online they still get credit for the sale and suggested I go that route.  My parts were ordered around 11am and got a call that they were at the dealership at 3pm the NEXT DAY.

BTW, if you ordered parts through your local dealership parts counter, shipping is free as well. Accessory part or even a part that's not an accessory. Need spark plugs? Order them up, no shipping charges. No matter how much the parts cost. $5 or $5000. Free shipping when you order GM parts through the dealership. If they do charge you for shipping from the GMPSO warehouse to the dealership, their boning you. I know it sounds crazy because they charge shipping for the dang truck they sold you. But not the parts.

It pays to have a relationship with the dealership guys, especially the service and parts managers. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2020 at 12:43 PM, Fltmech said:

Anyone have experience using their GMC Reward points and how did you go about doing it? Are they only good thru the dealership or can you purchase through GMC online?

Not valid online.  Only good through dealership.  Used my points to get a bed mat.

Ordered GMPP exhaust and intake, 20% off, free shipping to dealer, installed intake myself and used points for the exhaust install.  Ordered late Friday, parts were at dealership Tuesday.   About as hassle free as possible.  

• 4 weeks later...