Lack of dealer inventory of 2500 Silverados

I am amazed at the low inventory of Silverado 2500’s, especially the LTZ and High Country. Im in the Northeast and there is just no trucks within hundreds of miles.

Anyone know when the ‘21’s will hit the lots? Did Covid really hit manufacturing that hard?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Rob38jr said:

I am amazed at the low inventory of Silverado 2500’s, especially the LTZ and High Country. Im in the Northeast and there is just no trucks within hundreds of miles.

Anyone know when the ‘21’s will hit the lots? Did Covid really hit manufacturing that hard?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree, it crazy. I live in north Alabama and bought my new AT4 Duramax in North Carolina. Luckily 1-way flights were cheap and it was a nice scenic 500 mile drive home. I had to expanded my Autotrader search to a 500 mile radius before I found mine 

Not much better out west.  Things were shut down for over 3 months though and they were not going to do mass production by any means being more than halfway thru the year and with 2021 production starting in just a few short months.  This of course has caused the used truck prices to go up.  I had my eyes on a beautiful 2018 Silverado 2500 LTZ with only 14,000 miles, maroon with all the bells and whistles.  But when I saw the price of $63,000 well.. Had to wave bye bye to that beauty. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, JimBuck said:

Part is fueled by the camper craze.  Everyone buying bogger campers and needing bigger trucks.  We lucked out and got a LT with the all-american package.  Dealer her has a few left but told me if I wanted a 21 then it would be November.

That’s exactly what happened to us. Had a 2020 1500 Sierra that bought because wife said we would never buy a trailer...traded in my F150 3.5 EcoBoost with HD tow, long story short COVID hit and we had to postpone our Hawaii trip, twice, wife said we had to get a trailer to get out. About 400lbs over the 1500’s payload and not worth the risk..

On 9/26/2020 at 9:10 PM, Rob38jr said:

Did Covid really hit manufacturing that hard?

According to the sales manager at the first dealership we were trying to get to find us a truck, production was shut down for a couple months due to coronavirus.  

LT's were/are in short supply too.  

5 hours ago, MTU Alum said:

Flint was shutdown for 7 weeks.  They make around 1600 trucks a day.  Assuming no overtime, that is around 56,000 trucks.

#iworkforGM 

how many shifts and separate lines is that, how many trucks per hour does each worker see?  i worked at baltimore assembly on astro/safari years ago, i think we did like 52 vans per hour at each station with a single line running 16-20 hours per day.  so 800-1000 per day.

including the covid shutdown, i think its part of the new enviroment rules coming down the pipeline. GM's probably scrapping the trucks. it doesnt make sense,  i dont see many trucks on the roads , not more than usual.  GM is getting ready to switch completly to full electric trucks soon, maybe they want gassers off the lots to meet emmissions requirements

govenor in California has signed a bill banning the sale of gas powered vehicles withing several years... big changes coming . end of an era

Edited by flyingfool

5 hours ago, i82much said:

how many shifts and separate lines is that, how many trucks per hour does each worker see?  i worked at baltimore assembly on astro/safari years ago, i think we did like 52 vans per hour at each station with a single line running 16-20 hours per day.  so 800-1000 per day.

I made a typo.  Should be around 1200 per day.  I don't know flint exact numbers but most truck plants were running at one truck minute pre covid.  They probably are running a little slower now.  Flint runs three shifts so about 21 hours a day pre covid.  They maybe running a little slower now to increase time between shifts to reduce covid exposure.  

#iworkforGM 

• Like 1