Software update?

MTY55

Has anyone had it pushed to them yet. I seen one thing the update fixes is XM signal problems. Mine sucks right now. Slow to load, a few station are there then lost. A few times it wouldn't connect just says searching. Get back in the truck later then it hooks up. Sucks pay for a service then have to listen to one or two commercial loaded stations.

2 hours ago, eppieguy said:

Yes, GM will push out updates as needed but not on a vehicle by vehicle basis and your issue sounds like a dealer visit, not a software update.

I think he was referring to the update GM has already announce they are pushing out.

I have not gotten it yet. I have the same issues with XM from time to time.

Here is the info on the update.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/gm-releases-significant-over-the-air-update-for-2020-silverado-sierra-other-vehicles/

37 minutes ago, Ironman24 said:

I think he was referring to the update GM has already announce they are pushing out.

I have not gotten it yet. I have the same issues with XM from time to time.

Here is the info on the update.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/gm-releases-significant-over-the-air-update-for-2020-silverado-sierra-other-vehicles/

I hadn't saw that, thanks for the info. 

Hmmm ...   Had mine since February and have yet to get one update.  Meanwhile, Im still hanging on to the original Sept 2019 build.

GM really needs to hire someone from Tesla to teach them what software updates actually mean and how they should be pushed ...

Mine updated last week.  It updated in my parking lot at work yet I have no clue how it connected to the internet since I did not have Wifi around me and I do not have the data package.  I assume GM has its own dedicated carrier for these things.

PS  I have no clue what has updated since I have not noticed any visible changes in layout or format.

Edited by Gangly
Just Because...

Until you get the update (and knowing GM, likely afterward too) here is how to fix the XM issue.  You just need to restart XM.  Go to Settings, scroll down to 'Running Applications' and "Stop" Sirius/XM.  Confirm and go back to music to see that it now works.  I have to do this about once a week when it loses signal or otherwise just doesn't work.  This points to an obvious software flaw and given GM's penchant for not fixing stuff right the first time, get used to doing this for a while.

Edited by cltsig

The vehicle can be used normally during the software download. Once the download is
complete, there may be a prompt to accept the installation of the update upon the next
ignition cycle or the next time the vehicle is shifted into P (Park). For most updates, the
vehicle will be disabled and cannot be driven during the installation. The system will
deliver messages indicating success or error during and after the download and
installation processes. 

I think this means it can download over your phone when you are driving, and then do the install when it is parked.