How long has it been taking to order a new truck?

Quick question for everyone who has ordered a truck recently.  How long has it been taking?  I ordered mine on October 12th, it has been 11 weeks and I don't even have a build week yet.  They are the dealer that costco auto program pointed me to but they don't seem to care about if my truck gets there or not.  They aren't giving me any information and I have to contact them if I want any updates.  I see a truck close to what I want at another dealership but I don't get the costco discounts then, so I am just weighing my options and seeing what other trucks have been taking to come in.

Is the Costco discount better than GM employee pricing? I really don't see how that is possible. Investigate. I wouldn't wait.  This is the best time to negotiate.  The last few days of the year, when dealers are wanting to meet or exceed their year-end sales objective, is the best time to buy.

My costco price was about the same as employee pricing plus any rebates.  The truck I built was priced at $55,000 plus rebates at time of delivery and the truck that is similar is $55,500 with employee pricing and missing 3 options I want but 2 are easily added (running boards and high idle).  In december there is no rebates because of employee pricing,  back in november I would have paid about $3500 less than employee pricing because of the rebates that were offered.  I am also assuming that there will be rebates in january because employee pricing end on the 4th of january.  I really want the truck I ordered so I want to wait but if people are telling me its going to be another month or 2 I will jump on the one that is similar.

Ordered my GMC on 11/9 and was built week of 12/7. Like you the dealer isn't much help. The dealer did advise it does have a VIN now. Call and talk to him last Wednesday on where it is during transit. He said, he check and let me know. Still no return call for a week. I got more information on the GMC website "chat". You might want to give it a try. I was hoping for this month's employee pricing incentive, but it isn't looking good.

Ordered a Sierra SLT, Premium Plus package, X31 6.2 on 11/2, still event code 1100. My dealer has an allocation of 10 orders per month and due to constants only one can be ordered with the 6.2. The good news is my truck will be the next 6.2.

Mine is a 1500, didn't realize this was a 2500 post.

Edited by dennismc

58 minutes ago, Jimmy-Mack said:

Ordered my GMC on 11/9 and was built week of 12/7. Like you the dealer isn't much help. The dealer did advise it does have a VIN now. Call and talk to him last Wednesday on where it is during transit. He said, he check and let me know. Still no return call for a week. I got more information on the GMC website "chat". You might want to give it a try. I was hoping for this month's employee pricing incentive, but it isn't looking good.

Chevrolet website "chat" was of no help, if there is no build date they can't see it.  I guess because dealerships have the say on which ones get built first off their list.  I may have to stop by the dealership tomorrow to see what is going on.

So I went in to see them. They originally told me they had the allocation but I doubt that because it would have been built before early December when gm said they are not making wt duramax duallies. When I went in there the tune changed and they all of a sudden figured out the truck isn't coming. Needless to say if you are near southeast pennsylvania do not go to del chevrolet. Lawrence chevrolet out in mechanicsburg took great care of me with a similar dually they had on site. I still wish I got the one I ordered but I didn't want to wait another 3 months for them to tell me chevrolet still isn't making them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Ordered our 3500 Black Diamond November 16. Dealer website showed in transit December 28.  Expecting January 15

We called and asked about employee pricing that ends 1/4.  Dealer got approval to complete the sale and get the discount plus 1k Costco. 
Gave them my trade in and hope no snow till it arrives. My main transportation till then is the Harley

2500 SLT CCSB Gas, silver metallic.  Ordered 11/18.  Found out today is been built and is in final inspection.  My dealer also got the employee pricing and Costco $1k rebate locked in in December.

With the update today I'm finally allowing myself to get a bit excited.  No estimated arrival date yet so I'm keeping myself calm still. 

Wow........looks like GM has improved lead times recently.  I ordered on 6/22/20 - right when the window for ordering '21's opened knowing the plant wasn't scheduled for switch over until late September.  Don't know the acceptance date, but truck was built week of 11/2/20 and delivered to the dealership on 11/21/20.  I ordered a 3500 AT4 crew long box Duramax w/ Premium Plus package in white.

On 1/2/2021 at 7:36 AM, Hockeylover86 said:

According to my dealer, GM is not taking ‘sold’ orders. Rather, dealers are given allocations monthly and they can order against those. Not sure how true that is, but it could be that your dealer has taken your order but they don’t have an allocation to place it against.

That's the opposite of what my dealer told me when I placed my order at the end of November. They told me sold orders are getting prioritized over stock orders. I placed my order with them and was told the next week that it was accepted and in queue. Thankfully, with the GM employee pricing sale going on last month, they were nice and let me get a truck they already had on the way to the lot instead of waiting for the one I ordered - which I'm sure would have been at least another month or two, given the 2 week Christmas break at the factories.  

On 1/3/2021 at 1:19 PM, Scraper said:

Ordered our 3500 Black Diamond November 16. Dealer website showed in transit December 28.  Expecting January 15

We called and asked about employee pricing that ends 1/4.  Dealer got approval to complete the sale and get the discount plus 1k Costco. 
Gave them my trade in and hope no snow till it arrives. My main transportation till then is the Harley

I did the same thing. Took a truck that showed in transit on the 28th and bought it with the sale and the Costco $1k. Hard to beat an $8k+ savings, although it does feel a little weird knowing I bought a truck I still haven't seen. When I was doing the paperwork, the finance guy told me that almost 75% of their sales in December were on vehicles that still hadn't arrived at the lot at the time of purchase. What a crazy market right now.

I too purchased an in transit truck a on December 22nd to get Costco & December GM incentives from an out of state dealership. It arrived today so I ll be arranging to have it shipped to me once dealer installed equipment has been installed.