Prices on everything is going up big.

I've been looking at getting some new tires for my lifted Chevy. Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

It don't need them but I want to go up in size from 37x12.50 to a 38 x 13.50 x20. They are also on a 4-8 week national backorder.

I saw them at Discount tire a month ago for $437 each. I looked again yesterday and now they are now $532 each.

Looking down the street at Big O they are $ 442. They were $436 a few weeks ago.

I'm heading to Big O to get them ordered today so I get them by May . What a bunch of B.S.

It's not only tires it's everything. You name it , it's gone up in price.

I've been buying tires at Discount for as long as I can remember but them raising the price by that much pretty much lets me give them the middle finger.[emoji867]

The money I save pays for the body lift

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

b1a06ca97a96b597b8702721e6dab6c5.jpg4297b458adedca6b945eea64af55e94d.jpg

Diesel has gone up 50 cents a gallon in the past couple weeks. The price has been unchanged for the last two years. It’s only the start of prices to rise on everything.
My middle finger goes to Joe Biden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

I was giving him the finger a year ago.[emoji867]

Premium has gone up around 75 cents to dollar near me since election day.

• Like 1

Watch any of Joe's recent interviews and it's apparent that the White House is nothing more than a memory care unit, meanwhile the inmates are running the asylum. Sad for Joe, and even sadder for the country. I'm worried, really, really worried for my children and grandchildren.

• Like 1

There are several factors currently happening. The Texas freeze had a major impact on prices with many production sites shutting down. Now with businesses reopening there is also more demand which affects prices. Couple all that with President Biden killing the US/Canada pipeline project which was helping drive oil prices down. These have a direct impact on oil prices which affects everything, especially products made from petroleum, like tires.

There are several factors currently happening. The Texas freeze had a major impact on prices with many production sites shutting down. Now with businesses reopening there is also more demand which affects prices. Couple all that with President Biden killing the US/Canada pipeline project which was helping drive oil prices down. These have a direct impact on oil prices which affects everything, especially products made from petroleum, like tires.
I understand that petroleum has a lot to do with tire production but almost $100 a tire increase?
Why hasn't Big O raised theirs then? As I said before, Discount Tire can F.O.

Also I wouldnt blame just biden, I'm blaming the democrats as a whole.

• Thanks 1

On 3/9/2021 at 7:36 AM, Fuelie said:

92 gas is 3.39 a gallon where i live, BB(before biden) it was 2.69.

I can buy 92 at costco for 2.74 a gallon, that is quite a savings....

Tom

ha... don't even think of buying gas in canada... not that you can cross the border right now anyways!

'regular' gas (87 octane) is currently at $1.309 per LITRE!!!

there's 3.78541 l/us gal...so that's a measly $4.955 per gal

welcome to canada!

On 3/9/2021 at 12:46 PM, Goinovr said:

Storms and demand are normal causes for price movement. Closing an unfinished pipeline is speculation aka greed and poly-tick-el pressure

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 1