In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

SWAPPING TO LED LIGHTS FOR 2020 SILVERADO LT 2500HD DURAMAX

1 hour ago, stephane lamoureux said:

Has anyone been able to do the LED swap on their Silverado without the truck computer going wing nut.  I am told it is a power issue since led takes less power then the old bulbs...

You need to order the Canbus along with your bulbs.  The canbus increases the voltage signal to the trucks computer so you don't throw any codes.  The bigger issue (IMO) is getting an LED to work in a non projector beam housing so you don't blind on coming traffic..we've all seen this.

that's great. thanks for the info. This should help me a lot in finding the right one then.  I did spend time looking at LED for the non projector beam and found headlightrevolution.com do a comparison of LED and their beam issues and the GTR lighting ultra 2.0 (9905/HB3) came out on top though not sure if this has the canbus you mentioned.   If I find one that works better then other, I will post it.

• 2 weeks later...

I went with these for the high and low beams.

Fahren H11/H9/H8 LED Headlight Bulbs, 60W 10000 Lumens Super Bright LED Headlights Conversion Kit 6500K Cool White IP68 Waterproof, Pack of 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NPMV1H5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_2YD2RG7XK4YRBZVMZRB0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

And these for the backup lights.

Alla Lighting 912 921 LED Reverse Light Bulbs Extremely Super Bright 4014 30-SMD CANBUS 921 LED Bulbs RV T15 T10 906 W16W Back up, Cargo Lights Replacement, 6000K Xenon White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072FHNZKW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_TRWF41QMYARNMZ38AC44?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

So far no one has flashed me at night. Much better then the stock halogens. It was a pretty quick and easy install as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2021 at 3:54 PM, Sledguyry said:

I went with these for the high and low beams.

Fahren H11/H9/H8 LED Headlight Bulbs, 60W 10000 Lumens Super Bright LED Headlights Conversion Kit 6500K Cool White IP68 Waterproof, Pack of 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NPMV1H5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_2YD2RG7XK4YRBZVMZRB0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

And these for the backup lights.

Alla Lighting 912 921 LED Reverse Light Bulbs Extremely Super Bright 4014 30-SMD CANBUS 921 LED Bulbs RV T15 T10 906 W16W Back up, Cargo Lights Replacement, 6000K Xenon White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072FHNZKW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_TRWF41QMYARNMZ38AC44?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

So far no one has flashed me at night. Much better then the stock halogens. It was a pretty quick and easy install as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you have to use a canbus with the Fahren headlights? Or were they good to go as-is without tripping up the computer?

1 hour ago, Sledguyry said:

They were plug and play for me with no issues. 

Thanks, just ordered the same as you for front low/high and the rear! How did you orient the front leds? I'm reading some people recommend installing them vertically, others at 9&3 o'clock. Don't want to blind other drivers and it sounds like you've accomplished that. 

I installed them vertically. They are working great. I believe the instructions call for them to be installed vertically. The connection on the stock bulb orientated vertically as well. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

On 4/13/2021 at 2:49 PM, Sledguyry said:

I installed them vertically. They are working great. I believe the instructions call for them to be installed vertically. The connection on the stock bulb orientated vertically as well. 

I ordered the one you got as well. Has anyone swap the high beam and fog lights over? Which bulbs did you use?

• 1 month later...