SWAPPING TO LED LIGHTS FOR 2020 SILVERADO LT 2500HD DURAMAX

• 3 months later...
23 minutes ago, Nhcampbells said:

I used the h11 Fahren on both high and lows, so far no issues.

Thanks! I have them for just the low beams so I’ll add them for the high beams too! They’re bright as hell compared to the halogen bulbs

used seal light (made for halogen housing) on 2020 2500 and my new 2022 2500.......absolutely perfect, ive owned 2019 RST and 2021 GMC elevation with LEDs and these are better......sure it probably doesn't matter and any reputable brand works same.......i used same for high and low no issues with beam pattern or throwing codes......also replaced reverse lights as well......tail and turn signals i dont care about

the stock halogens are a joke for 60k truck ......no vehicle in this day and age should have them

cool thing is replacing them is easy......if you have stock LEDs in GM truck and they go out you have to replace whole assembly (another joke) though i guess they arent suppose too but still

Edited by Dunn

On 3/25/2021 at 5:14 AM, stephane lamoureux said:

Has anyone been able to do the LED swap on their Silverado without the truck computer going wing nut.  I am told it is a power issue since led takes less power then the old bulbs...

I has issues with mine when I got the cheap ****** from Amazon. LASFIT is the best for led swap built in resistors, no fault codes and they are BRIGHT AF. They are a little pricey but well worth it. Good luck

On 4/3/2021 at 8:54 AM, Sledguyry said:

I went with these for the high and low beams.

Fahren H11/H9/H8 LED Headlight Bulbs, 60W 10000 Lumens Super Bright LED Headlights Conversion Kit 6500K Cool White IP68 Waterproof, Pack of 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NPMV1H5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_2YD2RG7XK4YRBZVMZRB0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

And these for the backup lights.

Alla Lighting 912 921 LED Reverse Light Bulbs Extremely Super Bright 4014 30-SMD CANBUS 921 LED Bulbs RV T15 T10 906 W16W Back up, Cargo Lights Replacement, 6000K Xenon White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072FHNZKW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_TRWF41QMYARNMZ38AC44?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

So far no one has flashed me at night. Much better then the stock halogens. It was a pretty quick and easy install as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks,   Did the headlights work as is or did you need additional canbus decoder?