2005 Silverado left running 6 hour. Now wont start

I started my Silverado to check trailer lights and signals. Got distracted. Went in and laid down. I noticed an exhaust smell, but i was parked next to a semi, & dismissed it as from him. I woke to my rv shaking & jumped up and ran out, realizing 6 hours later it was still running!! Next morning I walked for 3 gallons of gas. It will not start. Tried the prime thing by turning the key on & off 3 times. Waited an hour tried again, and again. Nothing. I am moving an Rv 100 miles and the back end is riding low. Do i just need more gas? This truck is NEVER below.a quarter tank. I guess Ill staft walking now, in case my fuel intake from the tank is missing that 3 gallons. But if not that? Then whats my next move? This was an overnight spot and Ive recieved a warning to move already! We wont goninto i lost my phone, wore my shirt insideout AND BACKWARDS all the way there & back for gas! & lost a $20! All b4 8am today!

So you ran out of fuel? Do you hear the pump prime when you key on? If you hear the pump at key on, then try some more fuel, but if you don't hear the pump, you may have toasted it if you ran it dry. Good luck

• Like 1

It was still running when I got out there.

But an hour earlier MY trucks exhaust was strong.  I read last night that Chevy's have an auto shut off to prevent the pump issue. (probly is WHY they dont have the reset switch!). There are so many recalls for this year i dont remember if that was one of them. COULD THIS BLOW A RELAY? 

Edited by Dee Izchi
Explanation

You could always get you some non chlorinated brake clearer and spray into the intake.  If your truck starts, and you have someone to help crank it,  or you are really fast, spray it in to keep in running for a few.  If your truck starts this way, you can eliminate spark. If you suspect it for being a relay,  some of them in the power box are the same type.  You could move a few around making sure to remember where you got them from to start, if no change then it eliminates that as a possibility. 

I have a 2004 gmc sierra, and have had no major issues with my truck, only normal wear items. I am pretty sure the 05, is the same system so not sure of what recalls you are talking about.