In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Posted (edited)

How many miles to get out of a 14 Sierra slt 4x4 5.3L?    Currently 118k , try to take best care as much as possible 

Edited by Determined

4 minutes ago, Determined said:

How mad do you get when you call for service work and the LADY is very confused ? Women answering the phone ,     Who else can through the phone out the window? Wtf 

About as mad as I get when the MAN is very confused.

• Determined changed the title to 2014 1500 4x4 5.3

Im at 206,000 and just added headers and a tune. Runs like a top, today anyway.  got 21.3 on the highway at 65-70  usually running 80-85 and its at 16-17 MPG. 

Change the oil and you should be good. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2015 High Miler said:

Im at 206,000 and just added headers and a tune. Runs like a top, today anyway.  got 21.3 on the highway at 65-70  usually running 80-85 and its at 16-17 MPG. 

Change the oil and you should be good. 

Nice, I have the Range modular , I take out every now and then and let Lifters/cylinders  do there thing,    I hope she last awhile I love the truck 

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Determined said:

Nice, I have the Range modular , I take out every now and then and let Lifters/cylinders  do there thing,    I hope she last awhile I love the truck 

The parts are always moving, here are a couple of videos breaking down how AFM works.

Edited by JimCost2014
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Chris Ingerman
      Anyone happen to know how many gallons of gas you have when the gas light comes on? I drive a 99 silverado 1500 5.3L v8.
    • By SlowerTrafficKeepRIght
      Ok, 

I want to come back to the GMC/Chevy family.  For over 20 years, I owned a 98 GMC Suburban, putting over 230k miles on it myself and LOVED the truck. I too owned a 2003 Chevy 1500...put many miles on it too.

I am looking at the GMC/Chevy 2500 series diesel trucks.  I will stay within the 2016-2019 year range, with about $35k plus'ish budget.  I might look at the 2021 trucks, only due to many deals/rebates etc. 

What suggestions or tips are out there for these trucks?  What should I watch out for and/or look at getting? 

So, a few years ago, I bought a 2015 Ram 1500 4x4 EcoDiesel Lonestar -- well, I have been disappointed with  Chrysler/Fiat (FCA).  Short story, they lied about the ecodiesel, and after forced recall ECM update, they sucked all performance etc., from the truck.  When I had my suburban, I never had so many recalls, been lied to, and never had poor performance.

Thanks, for any suggestions that you will provide.  Gary

• By Bkapanka
      I have 2014 Silverado and went to the gas station one morning and out of nowhere started smelling gas inside of the truck. Long story short, went to look underneath truck and had a 3x3 ft size puddle of fuel underneath truck on ground. Looked to see where it was coming from and looks like it’s coming from back side of motor. Can anyone help or recommend any action to take from this?
    • By Dee Izchi
      I started my Silverado to check trailer lights and signals. Got distracted. Went in and laid down. I noticed an exhaust smell, but i was parked next to a semi, & dismissed it as from him. I woke to my rv shaking & jumped up and ran out, realizing 6 hours later it was still running!! Next morning I walked for 3 gallons of gas. It will not start. Tried the prime thing by turning the key on & off 3 times. Waited an hour tried again, and again. Nothing. I am moving an Rv 100 miles and the back end is riding low. Do i just need more gas? This truck is NEVER below.a quarter tank. I guess Ill staft walking now, in case my fuel intake from the tank is missing that 3 gallons. But if not that? Then whats my next move? This was an overnight spot and Ive recieved a warning to move already! We wont goninto i lost my phone, wore my shirt insideout AND BACKWARDS all the way there & back for gas! & lost a $20! All b4 8am today!

• By Scott Kramer
      my 2017 gmc after crashing