GM Performance Air Intake System Recall N212333800

So I got the Onstar monthly vehicle status check email, and it listed a recall for air intake calibration. 

Has anyone had this done, and if so, how long did it take the dealer to do it, just curious.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Michael621 said:

So I got the Onstar monthly vehicle status check email, and it listed a recall for air intake calibration. 

Has anyone had this done, and if so, how long did it take the dealer to do it, just curious.

Thanks

I installed mine and had the dealer install the software.  Mine came with a sheet to instruct the dealer to do it for free.  It only took about 10 minutes once they got me in.  That is interesting that you got a message on your onstar report and not a check engine light.  I am really not impressed with the system for the price, there are many other that are much better made.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael621 said:

Thanks

Should take the dealer 1/2 hour to 45 minutes.  The recall notice is sent out to trucks/SUVs/Camaro with the factory LPO option for the intake.  GM had seen a very large number of them being installed WITHOUT the ECM calibrated at the time of installation as the techs are supposed to do.  

• Like 1

I had my 2021 LT Trail Boss in for service on Monday and they completed this recall along with N202316020 - Radio Software Update.  Everything seemed to go pretty quickly as I dropped off at 8:00am and they texted me around 11:00 to tell me I was ready for pickup.  Performance hasn't changed since the recalibration and haven't noticed anything different.

• Like 1

Factory ordered, it is an LPO option --- dealer installed. 

Installing dealer was supposed to update programming when they put the hardware on.  

GM has figured out that enough didn't do the programming part that a recall is warranted.

PDC         LPO, Performance Upgrade Package, includes (5W7) Performance Air Intake System, LPO and (WBC) Cat-Back Performance Exhaust, LPO, (dealer-installed)

WBC    LPO, Cat-Back Performance Exhaust, (dealer-installed)
1 -  Included and only available with (PDC) Performance Upgrade Package, LPO.

5W7    LPO, Performance Air Intake System, (dealer-installed)
1 -  Included and only available with (PDC) Performance Upgrade Package, LPO. 

Edited by redwngr
  • Like 1

I was in today for service - they mentinoed the recall - said it took 30 minutes - they were done with truck for recall and putting a rear shock back on.  I was wondering if this was a national recall or just a Calif. emmissions thing.  California wanted to stop the recalibration as it was not "emmission/CARB" approved - so I was concerned it might be related to that and they were going to give us reduced benefits, due to milder tune.

On my shock - rear - top shock bolt backed out and fell off - 12k miles on truck.  I heard some rattling and got under there and shock was laying against rear cross bar.  I had not bolt, so I pulled it off and drove home - went to dealer next day - no shock bolts - had to be ordered - took a few days to get.  10 minutes and back in business - but I have never had or heard anyone who had a shock bolt fall off before!

I have 2020 AT4 - minimal offroad - just towing to and from - use RZR for real offroad stuff - so baffled me for sure.   

• Like 1

I highly recommend this gets done. 2 years ago I asked my service advisor why I heard some light pinging noise during light load at highway speeds. He said it was normal. After the recall was completed, I no longer hear this noise! I am guessing the truck was running too lean under load and has minor detonation. This was annoying enough for me to almost always apply more throttle to force a downshift at highway speeds when I just wanted to slowly increase my speed. Since getting the update a few days ago, I can lightly apply the throttle and I hear none of the pinging noises which used to bother me.

Edited by John Wang
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, John Wang said:

I highly recommend this gets done. 2 years ago I asked my service advisor why I heard some light pinging noise during light load at highway speeds. He said it was normal. After the recall was completed, I no longer hear this noise! I am guessing the truck was running too lean under load and has minor detonation. This was annoying enough for me to almost always apply more throttle to force a downshift at highway speeds when I just wanted to slowly increase my speed. Since getting the update a few days ago, I can lightly apply the throttle and I hear none of the pinging noises which used to bother me.

So I take it that 2+ years ago you installed the GM performance intake but didn't have the included ECM update performed?

2 hours ago, Anacortes Army Guy said:

So I take it that 2+ years ago you installed the GM performance intake but didn't have the included ECM update performed?

Dealer installed as it was on the sticker along with performance exhaust and performance brakes. I always wondered if the ECU was updated by the selling dealer.

Edited by John Wang

• 3 weeks later...

I just received my recall notice today. I came to the forum to get more info on it. I love this forum.

I had the same concern as others that California may be requiring to "detune" the ECM, possibly reducing power. The letter also stated that I may not be able to register my truck until this recall is performed. Since I am trying to relocate, I was debating on holding off having this done. If the recall truly is to do the ECM update that the dealership was suppose to do when it was installed, I am OK with that.