6.2 Fan Club

Thought I’d start this thread so those with the 6.2 can talk about what they like or don’t like about their 6.2. Mines a beast, when I want to get up and go it’s like a rocket. On the highway I’m getting close to 21 mpg . I usually run premium, with an occasional top off of regular ( maybe up to 8 gallons) . Love the engine and the truck. No issues other then I want to drive it all the time

• Like 1

I've had a 6.2 since my 2014 I bought brand new and now a 2019 6.2 in Feb. I am so used to the power when I get in my wife's car, which is not very often I drive it, I get that omg move car move feeling when I drive hers. I feel like I have to Fred Flintstone the thing to get it moving. I love the power when pull my 8,000 lb fish house/camper. I will always have the bigger motor. It fits my needs very well. 

• Like 1

Love my 6.2 . Loved it in my 2014 , then my 2016 and now with my 2019 which comes with the glorious 10 speed.

Great gas mileage for a brick and V8 and although 90% of the time i do 91 , it still runs perfect on 87 . Zero pings. But i also don't tow , just haul heavy things. 

Lastly Yes 420/460 is more then adequate but its time for a power bump to not only the 6.2 but to the 5.3 . 8 years running with same output . 

I got the 2020 midnight edition trail boss with 6.2 got 6500 miles run 87 in her awesome power shifts so smooth with the 10 speed you dont even notice it and am getting 17mpg  mixed driving i actually get a little better gas mileage when im not on the highway just driving back and forth to work strange but true. so far so good worried about the lifter valve problem as mine was built august 2020 in the time frame they had problems but so far so good.

First time posting but I had to chime in! Currently own a ‘21 Custom Trail Boss with the 6.2L, previously had an ‘18 with the 5.3L and a ‘14 with the 5.3L before that. Extra power is awesome, the 10 speed is night and day compared to the 6 speed and I couldn’t be happier with the decision. Great engine. 

I love my 6.2L 10 spd combo. I average right about 19 mpgs.  Might get better but love driving it and hearing the Corsa Exhaust and S&B CAI. So I probably could get better mileage. Always run premium in it, because that's what makes the 6.2L have its full power, otherwise why buy it if your not going to take advantage of the full power?? just my opinion..

It's time for GM to step up their game and offer more power. 8 years with the same power output is ridiculous. Come on GM, stop being lazy! 

• Like 2

On 9/11/2021 at 5:26 PM, L87Powered said:

'20 GMC Sierra Denali 6.2L w/ Performance upgrade package. Smooth power and sounds great. Best truck I've owned. 

Best or favorite/nicest? Not sure how someone can say best ever a year in without waiting to see if it has any problems or things pop up they don't like; unless this is your first vehicle ever I guess or you only keep a vehicle for a year? We usually wait until we get rid of a vehicle to determine how good it was. Best for us was a 91' Astro van, though not the nicest it was the most reliable and lasted the longest with no problems outside of an alternator over nearly 250k; all the while spending much of the time towing a boat at its weight limit with a family of 4 in it around the great lakes. 

50 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

I love my 6.2L 10 spd combo. I average right about 19 mpgs.  Might get better but love driving it and hearing the Corsa Exhaust and S&B CAI. So I probably could get better mileage. Always run premium in it, because that's what makes the 6.2L have its full power, otherwise why buy it if your not going to take advantage of the full power?? just my opinion..

It's time for GM to step up their game and offer more power. 8 years with the same power output is ridiculous. Come on GM, stop being lazy! 

Because no one can tell the 10hp difference and the less than 1mpg difference between regular and premium doesn't cover the cost upgrade... It isn't like you get a 50hp bump or anything, it is minimal and the cost savings favors regular. Now towing or hauling or running hard we use premium, otherwise it is 87 most of the time. If it was required that would be a different story. 

Tyler

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TNTSilverado said:

And now we will be at least 10 years until a power bump. The 6.2 IMO does just fine ( yes a 20-30 hp/tq jump would be really nice) but the 5.3 is the engine which needs more love. It’s the only 5 liter V8 with less then 400\400.  
( not counting Tundra as they are about to release probably a 400/500 set up like the Ford Eco as they going to Turbo 6. ) you can tell GM spent 95% of their truck R/D into their interior. Which needed it badly. 
And now we have the hand built by god :)  2.7 in which GM absolutely crushed it with 310/420. Only thing was the 8A…cmon GM , start putting the 10R80 in everything. Ford did even in their base 3.3 motor.  I could for sure see this engine stealing more sales from the 5.3. 

Edited by f8l vnm

The best ever is an opinion. For me is my 02 Avalanche. I owned a new one in 07. Found a cherry 02 last year. Got it for 6700$. There isn’t a new GM truck I would trade it for. If something is going wrong with it, it’s easy to tell and cheap to fix. 

1 hour ago, Amcguy1970 said:

Best or favorite/nicest? Not sure how someone can say best ever a year in without waiting to see if it has any problems or things pop up they don't like; unless this is your first vehicle ever I guess or you only keep a vehicle for a year? We usually wait until we get rid of a vehicle to determine how good it was. Best for us was a 91' Astro van, though not the nicest it was the most reliable and lasted the longest with no problems outside of an alternator over nearly 250k; all the while spending much of the time towing a boat at its weight limit with a family of 4 in it around the great lakes. 

Because no one can tell the 10hp difference and the less than 1mpg difference between regular and premium doesn't cover the cost upgrade... It isn't like you get a 50hp bump or anything, it is minimal and the cost savings favors regular. Now towing or hauling or running hard we use premium, otherwise it is 87 most of the time. If it was required that would be a different story. 

Tyler

But yet people are on this site claiming left and right that CAI and exhaust give them huge bumps in power and mileage?  LOL!  I just don't get it.  You either want the power or you don't.  Why spend the $2500 on a $55K+ truck but then try to save $5 at the pump each fill up?  That makes no sense at all.

• Like 2