Opinions on lease buyout

Radchad

So I own a 2019 TB LT with 22k on odometer.  Truck is very clean and has leather and convenience 2.  My lease is done in 2 months.  My buyout price is $34,200.  Dealer will give me 47k for trade in.   Should I buy the truck and keep it?  Should I trade it in and take money and get new TB for inflated price?  Or finally another thought of mine was to trade it in and walk away with cash and find a 2003-05 Silverado in nice shape for 8-15k. 
reason I mention older trucks is them in my opinion were the best years of Silverado.   Just wantin to see what others would do in my shoe.  Oh , I do love the current TB I have. Tough call!

Let me hear your thoughts 

Thanks guys and gals 

Check Carvana before you do the dealer trade.  My wife had a Fusion lease ending, buyout was $13k, dealer offered $17k, Carvana offered $27k.

Of course, you'll need to find a replacement vehicle, which if that can't be done, I would just buy it out and keep looking for the next 12 months, just my opinion.

Good luck!

47 minutes ago, Radchad said:

So I own a 2019 TB LT with 22k on odometer.  Truck is very clean and has leather and convenience 2.  My lease is done in 2 months.  My buyout price is $34,200.  Dealer will give me 47k for trade in.   Should I buy the truck and keep it?  Should I trade it in and take money and get new TB for inflated price?  Or finally another thought of mine was to trade it in and walk away with cash and find a 2003-05 Silverado in nice shape for 8-15k. 
reason I mention older trucks is them in my opinion were the best years of Silverado.   Just wantin to see what others would do in my shoe.  Oh , I do love the current TB I have. Tough call!

Let me hear your thoughts 

Thanks guys and gals 

In your case of an obvious low mileage driver. 22K miles in 3 years. I would check out extended warranty if it’s reasonable and you like the truck, buy it. Your situation seems unique and position well for a buy out. At the end of the the warranty period truck prices will be back to normal. Once the chip shortage resolves there could be up to 3 model years of ( new) trucks dump on the market. A buyers market.

If it were me, I would buy it out, you're not going to find a nice truck being 15-20 years old for that much money you come out ahead keep in mind used car/truck prices are off the hook right now and if you get an old truck, you will be kicking yourself in the ass because whatever you get will not compare to the TB.

If he is giving you 47k he will put it on the lot for about north of 50k at least, keep it you will regret it down grading to an old truck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vancealot29 said:

Check Carvana before you do the dealer trade.  My wife had a Fusion lease ending, buyout was $13k, dealer offered $17k, Carvana offered $27k.

Of course, you'll need to find a replacement vehicle, which if that can't be done, I would just buy it out and keep looking for the next 12 months, just my opinion.

Good luck!

I'd suggest Carvana too. I did it with my leased Lexus RX350 and they gave me a really good deal. OP, be aware (beware) that Carvana really sucks when getting paperwork together. It was a little bit of a hassle having to submit everything multiple times and them rejecting it for whatever made-up reasons. Sometimes they're a bit hit and miss. If they're offering more than the dealer, it may be worth it, it may not.

If selling is the desire. Check out CARPROUSA. Car pro USA. And ex car dealer turned radio help buyers, buy vehicles. Very popular and has dealers that he works with. He also likes give me the vin as an alternative to the others.

alot of dealerships arent letting people  sell leased cars to third party vendors for exact reason your talking about.......idk about GM but there is alot of buzz about this very thing......very shady, but it is a thing......they want the profits instead of the customer getting it......again idk about GM, just heard about it awhile ago and followed it for minute

bought 4 new trucks and sold same amt in last 4 years......just depended, sometimes carvana was highest, sometimes give me the vin, and even the dealership was higher for trade in........i just checked all of them with highest bidder getting the biz........these were all financed vehicles

11 hours ago, Dunn said:

alot of dealerships arent letting people  sell leased cars to third party vendors for exact reason your talking about.......idk about GM but there is alot of buzz about this very thing......very shady, but it is a thing......they want the profits instead of the customer getting it......again idk about GM, just heard about it awhile ago and followed it for minute

bought 4 new trucks and sold same amt in last 4 years......just depended, sometimes carvana was highest, sometimes give me the vin, and even the dealership was higher for trade in........i just checked all of them with highest bidder getting the biz........these were all financed vehicles

You are correct. GM  won't give the payoff info to anyone but a GM dealer. Same with Ford. That way they can get inventory for their dealers. 

15 hours ago, Radchad said:

Thanks for all different thoughts on this.  I guess one thing that n my mind is I’m not sure if the reliability of the new trucks for the price.   Anybody have any thoughts on getting 100k trouble feee miles ?   

If it has been trouble free so far, no reason it won't continue to be.  You can't go by only what you read in these forums.  For every complaint you see here, there are probably 50 others out there who are totally happy with their purchase.  It's very seldom that someone will come to a forum to just brag about how great their vehicle is.  If you go to others that follow Ford, Ram, Toyota, etc, you'd think those trucks were total junk as well by reading the issues talked about in them.  If it makes you feel better, discuss buying and extended warranty when buying out your lease; work it into the deal.  You probably won't find a truck like that for near that price right now.