Hey all - It's been a while since I provided an update. So I want to share that recently my dealer requested an on-site GM Tech review of my truck because the issue was still occurring. (See original post)

The tech authorized the replacement of the fuel injectors and about 200 miles later I think all is good. No more hesitation or Stutter at 40mph/1100rpm.

There is also a difference in driveability. Much smoother starts from stop signs.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SAJs GMC said:

I have a 2021 GMC 1500, 10 speed transmission and it too hesitates at steady speed as described by ajs800. Dealer has inspected, taken it for a ride and has no codes thrown.   Has anyone resolved this yet?  I love this GMC and just really want it fixed. 

This is certainly not what we like to hear, SAJs GMC.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2021 GMC 1500. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: SAJs GMC/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2023 at 6:12 PM, Amador142 said:

Hey osxrob, 

It's been a few months and I was wondering if the fuel injector was the problem after all. I have the same problem and seem to be going through the same process as you. 

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Amador142.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your truck. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Amador142/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2023 at 5:12 PM, Amador142 said:

Hey osxrob, 

It's been a few months and I was wondering if the fuel injector was the problem after all. I have the same problem and seem to be going through the same process as you. 

Hey amador142, did osxrob ever answered? I’m in the same situation, my gmc is at the dealer right now and they’re replacing the torque converter but if the issue is the injectors I would like to let the techs know so they can replace them.

Hey sotxdenali, 

He did answer me and informed me that it was the injectors after all. I'm taking my truck in again today and will tell them about the injectors. I told them last time I brought it in but they replaced the valve body. 

It didn't work. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2023 at 9:30 AM, Amador142 said:

Hey sotxdenali, 

He did answer me and informed me that it was the injectors after all. I'm taking my truck in again today and will tell them about the injectors. I told them last time I brought it in but they replaced the valve body. 

It didn't work. 

Thanks for getting back to me, I will take mine back and mention this to them, I just hope the injectors are not on back order

• 2 months later...

I have had this same issue. Filter and flush, then torque converter.

None of that helped. 

It’s now at the dealer after a lifter failureX2 (it ate itself after the test drive for the first repair)

Now they are replacing the whole motor because GM engineering said so. must of did some good damage.

Oh, it’s a 2019 AT4 with 35k miles…. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2023 at 11:11 PM, StranR said:

Have a 2021 AT4. Just around 13k. Started shuddering this week. Not see what it is but will schedule an appointment to have it checked. 

This is certainly not what we like to hear, StranR.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2021 GMC Sierra AT4 shuddering. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: StranR/GM Trucks in the subject line.

www.gm.com

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

We purchased 2020 1500 sierra elevation 4x.

we are 2nd owner. 1st iwner cardax shows proper maintenance and we also have maintained. At 135k, last week… started getting shutter… no lights on dash. I drive hwy miles no towing. Dealer is telling me it needs a new transmission.  We have no extended warr… it expired 3,000 miles ago.

we are in process of trying to get help from either dealer/service; dealer geberak manager, or if have to go directly to GM!

No vehicle should have to have a new trans at 135k!!!! We have no other out… upside down, can not afford another or even trying to find $ for trans!!!

please anyone else chime in… anyone else have this shutter problems.

• 4 months later...

I got my truck back tonight after torque converter change. I only have a few miles on it but it feels the same. Tech wrote on RO that prior to TC change there was too mush slippage on TC lockup and that shudder is gone and some hesitation is normal due to DFM and 10 speed tranny normal operation.