Will 2020 18" Trailboss Wheels fit a 2021 Custom?

They sure will.  If you look up the parts they use the same parts except for the shocks and struts.  Even the ZR2 uses the same spindles, control arms and rotors.  The shocks and struts are different.

1 minute ago, fatwhiteboy said:

They sure will.  If you look up the parts they use the same parts except for the shocks and struts.  Even the ZR2 uses the same spindles, control arms and rotors.  The shocks and struts are different.

Awesome, I just read that the earlier (2018<) model wheels wont fit and got super paranoid. I assumed that they would fit but didn't know if the wheel wouldn't clear the caliper.

2 minutes ago, Brett Garbrick said:

Awesome, I just read that the earlier (2018<) model wheels wont fit and got super paranoid. I assumed that they would fit but didn't know if the wheel wouldn't clear the caliper.

That is correct.   2018 and earlier (K2XX) will not fit any of the 2019 (T1XX) and newer without spacers.  I do not like spacers.

On 5/31/2023 at 5:28 PM, fatwhiteboy said:

That is correct.   2018 and earlier (K2XX) will not fit any of the 2019 (T1XX) and newer without spacers.  I do not like spacers.

You only need a 1/4"(5mm) spacer to clear the calipers to fit 2018 and older wheels on a 2019+ T1 truck. I test fit an old set I had for my Avalanche on my Trail Boss for someone else on this forum last week. I have to run the 1/4" spacer on my truck to clear the summer aftermarket wheels I have that were on my Avalanche also. There's plenty of thread for the lugnuts to grab on to and the studs are 14mm so there's no reason to be scared of a tiny spacer.

4 minutes ago, GETGONE said:

You only need a 1/4"(5mm) spacer to clear the calipers to fit 2018 and older wheels on a 2019+ T1 truck. I test fit an old set I had for my Avalanche on my Trail Boss for someone else on this forum last week. I have to run the 1/4" spacer on my truck to clear the summer aftermarket wheels I have that were on my Avalanche also. There's plenty of thread for the lugnuts to grab on to and the studs are 14mm so there's no reason to be scared of a tiny spacer.

That’s good to know as I almost got wheels from a 18’ Silverado. I understand that the Trailboss may use different sized calipers compared to the Customs, which is what sparked my question.

No, all T1 trucks use the same calipers regardless of trims. The only different brake calipers are the dealer optional Brembo 6 piston upgrades.

2 minutes ago, GETGONE said:

No, all T1 trucks use the same calipers regardless of trims. The only different brake calipers are the dealer optional Brembo 6 piston upgrades.

New to the the entirety of truck jargon, what does T1 mean?

• 1 month later...