Any use in keeping/selling/giving stock exhaust.

Going to be swapping mine out shortly and know that I can either hack it out or spend some extra time and remove the stock exhaust whole.

Anyone think it is worth while to not hack it up? Asked a couple friends and no one has use for it. Is it just junk or could someone make use of it? Seems a shame just to throw it in trash.

I still have my entire stock exhaust left over from my truck (which I don't even have anymore). I wasn't able to sell it, probably just gonna scrap it eventually, whenever I get around to it.

I wish I'd kept mine. In fact, I would probably buy a stock exhaust from somebody and get rid of this 22" Maggie. I like the sound but I feel like I lost some power/gas mileage. I could just be paranoid about it though.

I wish I'd kept mine. In fact, I would probably buy a stock exhaust from somebody and get rid of this 22" Maggie. I like the sound but I feel like I lost some power/gas mileage. I could just be paranoid about it though.

Yeah your just paranoid!

RT

I hacked mine up and tossed it in the trash. Didn't see a need for it, and didn't think that anyone would want it, either.

Now I find that the Gibson exhaust that I bought has a problem sealing up where it bolts to the factory y-pipe. I wish I had kept the front factory flex pipe part that connects to the y-pipe so I could weld that piece into place on the Gibson exhaust.

I have had my OEM catback exhaust on craigs list for a couple of months. It looks like they are worth about 100 bucks around my area. I have it priced a bit higher and keep getting offers in the 100 range. This is a 2016 Denali CC 6.2 with the oversized GM Chrome Tip. The truck had about 2,000 miles on it when i had the GM Borla catback exh system with the flapper installed. If someone on the forum needs a 6.2 OEM exhaust and is in the middle TN area, I will go 100 bucks for it. I just hate to be beat down on craigs list LOL. Note: I am not sure it can be shipped economically as it is over 10ft long (that is a 10ft trailer in the pic) and odd shaped!

I am taking mine off whole, and keeping it. I'm pretty sure the GM borla will never give me trouble but it's nice to have the ortion of going back to it if I want to.

On my camaro I upgraded the exhaust system and I kept the entire stock one. I have the pipes and I have the cat backs separated, I actually have 2 sets, 1 stock and 1 upgraded GMPP cat back exhaust. I always thought it good to have to put it back to stock, or if you want to trade the car in you can try to sell your aftermarket parts to recoup some $ to put into your new one.

i still have my stock one, if I could get rid of It I would i too hate tossing something in trash that can be used

I would love to take that off your hands for you. I put on a 22" MF, but I'm not happy with it. I'd go back to stock in a heartbeat.

Archived