K2 Diablo Tune

I'm loving mine so far. Haven't played too much yet. Only installed the 91 tune and recalibrated for tire size.

I do wish there was a complete exploded view of the menu with short descriptions of each parameter online. (Update: I did find the online parameters list and that is helpful)

I thought I read you could adjust the mph of when the AFM turns on with the Diablo but so far I only found an on/off option. I'd like to adjust it to 50 mph or higher.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Do you have the link?

ive had my E85 and firm shift tune on for a week and love it. I do have one question. At WOT, towards the end of some shifts my truck sounds like it was banging off the rev limiter. RPM's are still climbing but the exhaust sounds like its surging sometimes. The first time it happened I thought it was wheel spin but I didn't feel any. The second time I looked closely at the RPM's and they were steadily climbing and definitely no wheel spin. This only happens for a few seconds when im in the upper band of RPM's. Anyone else experience this?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm loving mine so far. Haven't played too much yet. Only installed the 91 tune and recalibrated for tire size.

I do wish there was a complete exploded view of the menu with short descriptions of each parameter online. (Update: I did find the online parameters list and that is helpful)

I thought I read you could adjust the mph of when the AFM turns on with the Diablo but so far I only found an on/off option. I'd like to adjust it to 50 mph or higher.

So I messed with the i2 some more. I don't know enough about some of the parameters to mess with them (like advance or retard spark etc).

I think what I like most is the 91 tune with 20% throttle boost, AFM on (I think it actually works better now), speed limiter off, 20% firmer shifts at WOT (The 91 canned tune already firms up the shifts so adding the extra 20% was not necessary for partial throttle shifts). Recalibrated for tires. Torque management is still on. It's a daily driver and I can't afford to reduce the life of the drivetrain.

Someone on here (maybe a different topic) said their MPG went down considerably after installing a Diablo tune... so I wanted to mention that at one point I modified the "stock tune" parameters and my gas mileage went down the tubes... I don't know what I did but I cleared it out and went back to the 91 and I'm back up to 16-17 ish... I'm still doing a lot of remote starts in the cold weather so it may be better than that. I'm thinking I lost about 2 mpg with the 275/60R20 Duratracs but I'm only at about 70% confidence on that right now.

Edited by Sierra Jon
  • Like 3

When you got it did you plug it into the computer right away (update) or just open and plug into the truck? Just got mine in the mail yesterday and curious if it was ready from the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hooked mine up the PC first. This is what Diablo recommends to make sure you have the latest updates.

• Like 2

So I messed with the i2 some more. I don't know enough about some of the parameters to mess with them (like advance or retard spark etc).

I think what I like most is the 91 tune with 20% throttle boost, AFM on (I think it actually works better now), speed limiter off, 20% firmer shifts at WOT (The 91 canned tune already firms up the shifts so adding the extra 20% was not necessary for partial throttle shifts). Recalibrated for tires. Torque management is still on. It's a daily driver and I can't afford to reduce the life of the drivetrain.

Someone on here (maybe a different topic) said their MPG went down considerably after installing a Diablo tune... so I wanted to mention that at one point I modified the "stock tune" parameters and my gas mileage went down the tubes... I don't know what I did but I cleared it out and went back to the 91 and I'm back up to 16-17 ish... I'm still doing a lot of remote starts in the cold weather so it may be better than that. I'm thinking I lost about 2 mpg with the 275/60R20 Duratracs but I'm only at about 70% confidence on that right now.

My mileage was down a little right after doing the 87 performance tune on my Sierra. After a few hundred miles it was closer to normal. I believe the computer get's reset after the tune and has to re-learn everything. This is what I modified:

- 87 octane flex tune

- trans tune firm shift

- DOD off

- Idle and park/neutral RPM +50

- speed limit off

- torque management off

So far I'm liking the driveability improvements. Definitely holds gears longer at partial throttle angles. Before the tune the tranny would be in 4th gear when driving around 25-30 MPH. Now it won't shift into 4th till about 32 MPH. Seems to hold 1st to 2nd shift till about 2000 RPM (can't recall MPH) which is a little higher then stock. It's not so eager to be in the next gear (kind of like tow/haul mode but not quite as extreme). Now the engine isn't "lugging" at such at low RPM and acceleration is there when you need it.

• Like 2

Anyone have luck with the mpg tune

Have not tried it.

My mileage was down a little right after doing the 87 performance tune on my Sierra. After a few hundred miles it was closer to normal. I believe the computer get's reset after the tune and has to re-learn everything. This is what I modified:

- 87 octane flex tune

- trans tune firm shift

- DOD off

- speed limit off

- torque management off

So far I'm liking the driveability improvements. Definitely holds gears longer at partial throttle angles. Before the tune the tranny would be in 4th gear when driving around 25-30 MPH. Now it won't shift into 4th till about 32 MPH. Seems to hold 1st to 2nd shift till about 2000 RPM (can't recall MPH) which is a little higher then stock. It's not so eager to be in the next gear (kind of like tow/haul mode but not quite as extreme). Now the engine isn't "lugging" at such at low RPM and acceleration is there when you need it.

How do you like torque management being turned off?

- 87 octane flex tune

- trans tune firm shift

- DOD off

- speed limit off

- torque management off

Why the idle park/neutral ram increase?

Why the idle park/neutral ram increase?

After being fully warmed up, I always thought the motor idled a tad too low. When in gear at a stop (especially with the AC on) I would sometimes get a light 'shimmy' coming from the motor. RPM's would usually be just a little under 500. With the 50 RPM increase the motor is now idling smoother when in the same situation.

• Like 3

After being fully warmed up, I always thought the motor idled a tad too low. When in gear at a stop (especially with the AC on) I would sometimes get a light 'shimmy' coming from the motor. RPM's would usually be just a little under 500. With the 50 RPM increase the motor is now idling smoother when in the same situation.

Interesting