Post Pics of your "Other" Rides

RyanbabZ71

• 1 month later...

Driving Miss Daisy.

2009 Buick LaCrosse CXL. 

IMG_0261.thumb.JPG.861d232b07a07caaddbdb9994727fc7f.JPG

In 2009 the only car GM put the 3800 L26 Series III V6 in was this car. The 2009 LaCrosse got the superchanger heads and pistons. Same larger valve size that came with the Series III face lift but a bit better factory port. Still rated at 200 hp @ 5200 rpm. Supercharger ready. 

This example has under 50K on the clock and is loaded.  :) I've put about 10K of those miles on her. I picked it up about five or six years ago as a consignment sale for an Estate. It's not flawless but it is perfect.... I paid middle Blue Book. Wasn't a steal but no one got robbed either. I didn't even quibble the price it was that clean.  

AMSOIL 10W30 in the motor. Red Line D6 in the 4T65-E. Took this snap today after its yearly detailing.

Last fall she got new shoes, Eldorado Legend and the rims reworked. Every fluid was changed. Cooler thermostat installed. Tune up. Alignment.  Garage kept and never driven between November and April. Each year I try to do something over the top for her. Undercarriage is cleaner than Grandma's kitchen table. Waxed to. 

Took her to Colorado three years ago where she averaged 30 mpg at 70 mph for the entire trip. At 55/60 she'll do 32-35 mpg all day and all night. She will also run effortlessly at 90 mph. Really REALLY long legged.

Got caught in one of those downpours on I-80 in Iowa on that trip. The kind that have Semi's slowing to a crawl. I'd just put new AC-Delco OEM blades on just before I left. Polished the perfect windshield and Rain-X. Boy's and girls I didn't even have the wipers on at 70 mph. :)  

Tomorrow she gets her annual oil change and the brake light switch replaced.  

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 2

Nice! Before my Trail Boss, had a '06 Toyota Avalon to get to work and back, and run around town. Sold it for down payment towards the TB. Rain-X always works for me as well when I had the Avalon. I added Rain X wiper blades to both Avalon and my wife's '16 Yukon. It makes a difference for sure! Bet your LaCrosse likes to whine once you put your foot down.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NotoriousGT350 said:

Nice! Before my Trail Boss, had a '06 Toyota Avalon to get to work and back, and run around town. Sold it for down payment towards the TB. Rain-X always works for me as well when I had the Avalon. I added Rain X wiper blades to both Avalon and my wife's '16 Yukon. It makes a difference for sure! Bet your LaCrosse likes to whine once you put your foot down.

Tell ya the truth it's been hit an miss with Rain-X products. Works great on the Buick and on my Silverado but on the wife's Terrain.....Wind shield slope is wrong or some defect in the wiper design. Clean it silly and five minutes after it starts raining it just smears and skips. The straight stuff has been hard to get my hands on. Now they sell it diluted as a window cleaner :crackup:

No one is going to win a drag race with a La Crosse unless it's a Super 5.3 but the 3800 does not need to hang her head. No issues merging no matter what the speed limit. About 60 it's turning enough rpm to touch the torques meaty portion and accelerated more like the Burlington Northern. Slow, unrelenting and purposeful.   Could have been geared a bit shorter but they did get the SULEV with this motor starting in 2006. Still a shame GM killed after decades. These are serious million mile motors if you can keep everything else together. 

16 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Tell ya the truth it's been hit an miss with Rain-X products. Works great on the Buick and on my Silverado but on the wife's Terrain.....Wind shield slope is wrong or some defect in the wiper design. Clean it silly and five minutes after it starts raining it just smears and skips. The straight stuff has been hard to get my hands on. Now they sell it diluted as a window cleaner :crackup:

No one is going to win a drag race with a La Crosse unless it's a Super 5.3 but the 3800 does not need to hang her head. No issues merging no matter what the speed limit. About 60 it's turning enough rpm to touch the torques meaty portion and accelerated more like the Burlington Northern. Slow, unrelenting and purposeful.   Could have been geared a bit shorter but they did get the SULEV with this motor starting in 2006. Still a shame GM killed after decades. These are serious million mile motors if you can keep everything else together. 

Yup, 3800 was the best. We had the first iterations of it in three Toronados (1988, 1990, 1992) and a 1990 Bonneville. The 92 was my first car. Only thing we ever had any problems with were the ICMs that sat under the coil packs...failing without warning. Stranded me once and my dad once. Easy n cheap part to replace at least. The mechanicals of the engine would absolutely never die, nor would the 4T60 trans. Not rocket ships but very torquey engines. Knew some guys who got some really good power out of the L67s with smaller pulleys, headers and a tune.

• Like 1

1966 442, 2 door hardtop. Repainted in the original ocean mist metallic with pearl white interior. Not a numbers matching car so I am taking plenty of liberties to do it how it want. Engine is a 1965 olds 400. (65-67 are the 400s to have, short stroke, forged cranks. In 68, olds moved to a smaller bore and longer stroke in order share cast cranks with the 455.)

Engine is .060 over with a lumpy Engle cam, roller rockers, MSD billet distributor, quick fuel 750 carb, mini starter, 1 wire alternator. Period correct Offy 360* intake and offy valve covers. Running later model olds “C” heads which flow the best. Currently have late model exhaust manifolds due to clearance issues I had with headers. At some point I will have to find some that will work because I know the manifolds are a slight bottleneck. 

Trans is Muncie M22 with Centerforce clutch and McLeod hydraulics, no more Z bar. Rear end is just a ten bolt with 3.73 posi. I suspect it will not survive very long with the drag radials but I am way over budget as it is. 

67+ dual master cylinder with Baer C4 Corvette disc brake front conversion.

Interior has been restored basically stock with Autometer gauges and a tilt column. I have re-wired every single inch of the car with a harness adapted from 64-67 Chevelle, including a modern blade fuse box.

Think that’s the gist of it. All that’s left is some interior trim/ back seat, bleeding the brakes, installing the front clip, cooling system and the forward lighting harness. Once it’s close to curb weight I will need to measure for a driveshaft and hopefully be on my way.

5A48D41D-F9AF-4A25-AA67-8A6FC9593A36.thumb.jpeg.07da2aa2cefbfa9782a8ca60816d7f62.jpegE5522DA3-2D52-4026-8855-847D2CA531CF.thumb.jpeg.532769517d116a7c851bc2d9f96c72e8.jpeg

• Like 5

My two toys tucked away in the garage.

20200721_191600.thumb.jpg.299c09651abc45a82ef1e8afd4ba9958.jpgthe bike will get stored in the house come winter. It's gonna get blown apart and customized this winter too. 

• Like 2

When I got my lifted truck ceramic coated the guy put this stuff on the glass called Glassparancy. It's like rain x on steroids. Part of the deal when I payed for the ceramic is they re apply this stuff every three months for five years. They send an email every three months or so to get it re done. Takes the guy 5 minutes. Lasts almost the whole three months.

https://www.glassparency.com/protective-window-coating-our-product-glassparency/

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...