HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

I made it to page 50 and didnt find any info I was looking for, so I figured it would be faster to just ask.

has anyone done a retrofit on the standard silverado headlights?

and are there any projectors that use an H11 bulb?

I already have an HID kit purchased that I can use in the stock reflector housings but now i have decided I want to do a retrofit so I'm not blinding everyone.

any info you can provide would be great.

thanks

I made it to page 50 and didnt find any info I was looking for, so I figured it would be faster to just ask.

I already have an HID kit purchased that I can use in the stock reflector housings but now i have decided I want to do a retrofit so I'm not blinding everyone.

thanks

Hey there

A Morimoto mini h1 will work nicely. Not difficult to install. Get a mini gatling gun shroud and you won't have to trim anything. You will have to remove the lenses on the headlight but that should be your most difficult part. You can use your existing hid kit but will need a h1 bulb. No projectors will take an h11 bulb. Bulbs are only like $25 though....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hey there

A Morimoto mini h1 will work nicely. Not difficult to install. Get a mini gatling gun shroud and you won't have to trim anything. You will have to remove the lenses on the headlight but that should be your most difficult part. You can use your existing hid kit but will need a h1 bulb. No projectors will take an h11 bulb. Bulbs are only like $25 though....

Ah ok, so it would be safe to assume only the factory projectors are h11?

And removing the lense isnt an issue since I want to remove the amber corners anyway.

Thanks for the fast response

thanks

We have a retrofit bundle on our website if you want to check that out. 4th item down on the Silverado page

We have a retrofit bundle on our website if you want to check that out. 4th item down on the Silverado page

Oh you are Fast headlights

I tried asking the same question on your Facebook.

Do you have pictures of how the headlights look after projectors install? Thanks

Edited by lsxrx7

Oh you are Fast headlights

I tried asking the same question on your Facebook.

Do you have pictures of how the headlights look after projectors install? Thanks

Ha. Yes. Our Facebook is locked. Haven't had access in forever. I can try to find some pics of how it looks. It looks great though for sure.

Ok I'll have to look you guys up on facebook.

Thanks!

Any tips for somebody doing a projector retrofit? Anything you wish you would have known when you started?

I might give this a shot this weekend.

If you are baking, cook at 250 for 15 mins, and if needing to reheat, leave In for at least another 10 mins don't just throw in for 5 at a time, it will take you much longer. Get as much of the old permaseal out as you can while the lights are warm. I didn't get it all out but sealed them up good and no issues so far

Also when prying the lights apart, wrap your screwdriver with something soft or tape shortly above the tip so the metal doesn't dent/gouge the headlight lens when you're prying against it for leverage. I have some marks,

Nothing major but wish I noticed sooner

I used a small wrench to pry off the stock projector and bracket from the housing. Takes a good amount of force, make sure the housing is still warm or heat it up a bit before you pop them off to reduce the chance of breaking something

Also, make sure you plug in the drl led to the headlight when test fitting/aiming. I didn't and nothing would turn on even with the truck off. Had me stressing for awhile as I didn't thing that would be a problem but it was. Need it plugged in for anything to work

This is for a slt Sierra hope it helps.

Huge difference though my favorite mod. And use fast bracket it will make your life easier, just double check some of the drill bit sizes recommended in the instructions they are off

Hey guys, one question I had. I want to attempt the Sierra spec 35w Morimoto HID kit for my 2014. Does it retain the factory wiring etc. so that if something goes wrong and lights go out on the highway or something, that I can just turn around disconnect quick and throw in the original bulbs and be on my way?