HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

RX350s in!

How'd the install go? Pretty straight forward?

Also, in the first and last picture are the lines above the actual projection of the headlights normal? I'm referring to the faint light display.

Edited by Kerrslight

I've got some 6000k LED spot lights (to replace fog) and a 20" 6000k LED light bar for the front bumper coming.

I want to order 55w HID bulbs for both my LTZ projetors (low beam) -- What color temperature will match the 6000k LEDs best do you guys think? I was gonna get 6000K HID's... but I've read a lot of back-and-forth about what color seems to match best.

Let me know! Thanks :)

Anybody?

55 watt hid will lower in color. 6000k hid will be more like a 5000k 35 watt system. Led will look as advertised ususally, so you'll want 35 watt 6000k hid for 6000k leds or to do 55 watt 6000k you will need 5000k leds.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Edited by Crf450r420

55 watt hid will lower in color. 6000k hid will be more like a 5000k 35 watt system. Led will look as advertised ususally, so you'll want 35 watt 6000k hid for 6000k leds or to do 55 watt 6000k you will need 5000k leds.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

So this is the kit I was thinking of getting from DDM, and their options are 35w only in either 5500k or 6500k. Which color temp would you (or anyone else reading this) lean towards?

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/UltraCanbusHID

I've been looking, but can't find any info. Is anyone having any issues with running a 55w kit? I'm running aftermarket projector housings, basically a knockoff factory LTZ housing. I had been running a 35w kit, but would like them a bit brighter.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What made you decide to go with the RX over the FX. Is the RX worth the extra 200 dollars over the FX retrofit?

The rx350 is easier to install but doesn't yield much difference in output. Slightly different than cutoff. The price is also based on the fact that they are oem and quantity is low. To be honest they are always on backorder it seems. If you want them you have to be prepared to wait. Otherwise just go with the fxr. The install honestly isn't that difficult.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Ok so I am fairly new to this forum and I have a dumb question. Are there any LED bulbs that I can just plug into my factory light sockets (meaning the headlights and fog lights) without adding any addition ballast or anything? I have a 2015 LTZ CC with the projector lights?

• Like 1