HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

WOW! I have been on the fence about doing a projector swap for a while now, but this just makes me want to throw in the towel and go ahead with it. Just last night it seemed to me like my HID's weren't that bright anymore. Unfortunately I think its just my eyes used to the output and wanting more. It looks as if with the RX350 kit, you get much much more.

Is there any significant performance difference between the FXR and the RX350 kit? Is either of them better or both perform about the same?

Also if I went with the RX kit, do you sell just the projectors without the relay, HIDs, etc? I have HID's now, so I can just use those.

Yes sir. It is SIGNIFICANT improvement for sure:) We can sell you the kit minus the relay and ballasts. Just email us at [email protected] Edited by FastWS6TA

Yes sir. It is SIGNIFICANT improvement for sure:) We can sell you the kit minus the relay and ballasts. Just email us at [email protected]

I just installed some diode dynamics hids and these are the first ones ive actually gotten to work on my truck. i need to adjust my cutoff and ive heard there is a way to adjust come screws to move them up and down. Could explain to me how to do that? also, i got 6k color and the passenger side looks it but the driver side looks about 4500k. is possible that the driver side need to be positioned a different way in the housing??

I just installed some diode dynamics hids and these are the first ones ive actually gotten to work on my truck. i need to adjust my cutoff and ive heard there is a way to adjust come screws to move them up and down. Could explain to me how to do that? also, i got 6k color and the passenger side looks it but the driver side looks about 4500k. is possible that the driver side need to be positioned a different way in the housing??

You might need to check that the bulb is seated flush in the socket. The adjustor screw on the top will level if you turn it.

You might need to check that the bulb is seated flush in the socket. The adjustor screw on the top will level if you turn it.

Okay I think I got the bulb seated correctly. Do you need to remove anything to get to the adjustor screw? Or is it visible? I need to bring the driver side cutoff up

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

About to order my DDMs.

9006 Headlights with Dual Relay HID Harness

9009 Foglights with Dual Relay HID Harness

Now, which Error Eliminator Kit do I need: BOW3 OR 4700uF Capacitor?

And how does the capacitor get installed?

Ive had 10 kits from DDM (4 cars/trucks and 2 motorcycles) and all the other vehicles were not nearly this involved!

• Like 1

Did you try rotating your capacitor plug? Posting and negative polarity reversal. Try it.

Okay, I have tried this with the new capacitor link as well and still nothing. I also have the ground for the capacitor link connected to the battery now, so there is no way it is bad ground.

I am still getting the flicker from the lights, and buzzing from the relay harness during the day with the lights in the auto position.

Ok, I need some help! I want to upgrade my stock 2015 LT headlights. My headlights do not have projectors in them and they are standard bulbs. see photos below.

07252E10-1EB1-4E16-B1E8-11C9DFEDB071.jpg4559FF7C-3773-49F3-AE67-267448838813.jpg

I was looking into the fastheadlight FXR kit but just don't trust myself messing with the housing. Is there a California Street legal HID kit I can install? Would the Morimoto Elite HID Kit work for me in the stock headlights I have? http://www.fastheadlights.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=buy_hid_kit

Thank you!

Yes sir. It is SIGNIFICANT improvement for sure:) We can sell you the kit minus the relay and ballasts. Just email us at [email protected]

Thanks Phil. I just watched your video on the installation process of the RX kit and just had a couple questions.

I noticed in the video, you show and talk a lot about cutting out the back portion of the headlight. I got that part down, but it also looks like you have the front cover off the headlight as well. Is that necessary for the RX kit? I would really like to avoid opening up the headlights, but if need be, then I'll go through with it.

My other question is will the bulbs that are in my factory projectors now, fit into the RX projectors or is it a different style bulb?

Thanks Phil. I just watched your video on the installation process of the RX kit and just had a couple questions.

I noticed in the video, you show and talk a lot about cutting out the back portion of the headlight. I got that part down, but it also looks like you have the front cover off the headlight as well. Is that necessary for the RX kit? I would really like to avoid opening up the headlights, but if need be, then I'll go through with it.

My other question is will the bulbs that are in my factory projectors now, fit into the RX projectors or is it a different style bulb?

I just ordered the RX350 kit from Phil. Will have a very detailed write up when installed. It is my understanding, and why the kit is so great, that you do NOT have to separate the actual lens. All you do is cut that back part off and it's pretty much a direct bolt on. This back part is much easier to seal and no lens cutting involved! The FRX kit is similar but there is some cutting of the internal projector holder mounting posts. FRX is cheaper with similar performance but some cutting involved.

Your OEM headlight bulb will not fit. RX350 projectors are true Lexus OEM HID projectors. They will require an HID kit to work. I recommend the TRS Sierra Spec kit but if you do the RX350 projectors you will need to get D2S HID bulbs and leads. Phil can hook you up with all the right parts in one easy step.

Quick question, I purchased the FXR kit from fastheadlights for my Silverado, this kit came with D2S bulbs and connectors. For ease of installation and to not have to extended the headlight cap, I purchased AMP bulbs and connectors. I've noticed the AMP bulbs are not "keyed" like the D2S bulbs, is it not recommended to run AMP bulbs in the FXR projectors?

I just ordered the RX350 kit from Phil. Will have a very detailed write up when installed. It is my understanding, and why the kit is so great, that you do NOT have to separate the actual lens. All you do is cut that back part off and it's pretty much a direct bolt on. This back part is much easier to seal and no lens cutting involved! The FRX kit is similar but there is some cutting of the internal projector holder mounting posts. FRX is cheaper with similar performance but some cutting involved.

Your OEM headlight bulb will not fit. RX350 projectors are true Lexus OEM HID projectors. They will require an HID kit to work. I recommend the TRS Sierra Spec kit but if you do the RX350 projectors you will need to get D2S HID bulbs and leads. Phil can hook you up with all the right parts in one easy step.

Thanks for that. I currently do have an HID kit installed but sounds like I'd need some different bulbs

Did you already order your kit? Just making sure you ordered the lights with the kit as well.

Edited by Kerrslight

I have a question regarding our OEM Fog Lights - what kind of upgrades are people going with??

LED or HID?? and if so what kit did you use?

Went with Morimoto GM XB LED Fogs. Aside from the faulty connector which you have to rebuild to make it fit, it's plug and play and with LEDs, you don't have to worry about any overheating issues, etc. Light is a nice clean white. They aren't cheap but I'll probably never have to replace them either.

http://www.morimotohid.com/complete-headlight-fog-light-housings/morimoto-xb-led-fog-lights-type-gm-h16.html

• Like 1