HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

Hey there

Glad you are seeing the road better these days :) Ha. I also appreciate the write up. Can you help me out and give me some specific feedback on how we could improve the directions for the installation/retrofit? Always interested in this feedback so we can hopefully make things easier for everyone. Thanks!

Phil

The only thing I could see you doing is making the light fit the stock screw posts I did not bake my headlights I just cut the housing where you would change the light bulb yes it was a tight workspace but I got it done but it was mainly the bracket I bought the bracket in the instructions had my light beam facing vertical instead of horizontal that would be cool if I was flying but still a big upgrade from stock I was also a little confused when I bought cancellors I bought one set and it came with 4 of them I'm not sure how that happened

The only thing I could see you doing is making the light fit the stock screw posts I did not bake my headlights I just cut the housing where you would change the light bulb yes it was a tight workspace but I got it done but it was mainly the bracket I bought the bracket in the instructions had my light beam facing vertical instead of horizontal that would be cool if I was flying but still a big upgrade from stock I was also a little confused when I bought cancellors I bought one set and it came with 4 of them I'm not sure how that happened

Thanks for the feedback. I agree it would be awesome if the stock posts didn't need to be cut when doing the Fxr install. The reason is though that the fxr is too much of a fatty to fit between the posts and sit flush as it needs to.

Our new RX350 brackets allow for the type of straight bolt on application you are referring to. We only just came out with that. Issue with the rx350 is cost. Trade off. Ease of install for higher cost. We are trying to get the costs down on the kit.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree it would be awesome if the stock posts didn't need to be cut when doing the Fxr install. The reason is though that the fxr is too much of a fatty to fit between the posts and sit flush as it needs to.

Our new RX350 brackets allow for the type of straight bolt on application you are referring to. We only just came out with that. Issue with the rx350 is cost. Trade off. Ease of install for higher cost. We are trying to get the costs down on the kit.

Like I said all I cared about was getting them in but I also wanted to let people that may not be as mechanically inclined know it may not be as easy as it looks or sounds but it can still be done

Send me that cost .... Which I'm scared about. Just HATE my headlights.

Sent from my iPhone

Send me that cost .... Which I'm scared about. Just HATE my headlights.

Sent from my iPhone

Below is a link for you bud. Essentially what we tell customers is that the cost of this setup (rx350) is the same as what someone would pay to have us do the fxr retrofit for them. Actually it is less and even more so when you favtor out having to ship your headlights.Gives the same performance (some say slightly better). The rx350 projector comes tuned with the upgraded clear lenses. So for the customer that can't be without their truck to send us their lights and isn't confident in their ability to retrofit the FXR, the RX350 bundle is the ticket. We will have an install video this week as well.

Here is the link to the kit:

http://www.fastheadlights.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=buy%5Frx350%2Dbundle%5Fgmc

Takes a few days to ship inky because we have to tune them before shipping.

• Like 1

Is there a write up on how to remove the 2015 2500HD Silverado headlights to put in projectors. If there isn't anyone that has done it before can they give a few steps?

I can only find information specific to the Denalis and i want to know if I need to remove the upper bumper piece or can I get to the bottom headlight bolts some other way.

--------- Edit ----------------

My truck does not have upper bumper shroud. found the information here about removal.

http://www.jegs.com/InstallationInstructions/400/448/448-55122.pdf

http://www.hammerheadarmor.com/wp-content/uploads/2015-20XX-CHEVY-2500-3500-FRONT-BUMPER1.pdf

Video - Grille removal and Bumper Removal (Helpful for both fog-light and head-lights)

Edited by Menteleum

Took some pics tonight showing the difference amongst setups. I used just one projector in the comparisons.

Factory 2015 GMC Sierra projector and bulb

df6ba8e479ff0089aff989a17909d408.jpg

Factory 2015 GMC Sierra projector with 35 watt 5000k Morimoto HID setup

0f9a277a6b6bb1494e1684728f8235b4.jpg

RX350 projector with STi clear lenses/tuned with 35 watt 5000k Morimoto HIDs. *FXR has same/similar performance

6fdef849bff59f340e5b58f5f63be203.jpg

Edited by FastWS6TA
  • Like 4

Does anyone on this forum have halos installed? I saw a picture on here somewhere of a white Silverado with green halos but I can't find it anymore.

I think this might be the one you're looking for goblue4106:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/171698-mike1220s-slt-sierra-halos-color-change-drls-and-fxr-retrofit-walkthrough/

I have a fxr kit leftover from my old F150 but they are the 2.5" projectors. Will these line up with your brackets? I would have to get a new harness and stuff too but at least I have bulbs and ballasts already too. They are 55 watt

I'm currently running the trs 35 watt kit in the stock projectors.

I have a fxr kit leftover from my old F150 but they are the 2.5" projectors. Will these line up with your brackets? I would have to get a new harness and stuff too but at least I have bulbs and ballasts already too. They are 55 watt

I'm currently running the trs 35 watt kit in the stock projectors.

Yes they will. It is just that the 2.5 will be smaller that the 3 (obviously, lol) and you will have just a little space around the perimeter of the lenses. Not a big deal.