HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

Does anyone know how to get the fastheadlights bottom projector bolts off once on. I used loctite on them and can get them somewhat loose but I can't get them off.

I tried for a couple of hours with needle nose pliers and all sorts of nut turning devices (wrenches, locking needlenose), but that space is tight and its hard to get a grip on the bolt and turn the nut. The bolt/nut just spins together and I probably mangled the threads.

Headlight is back on the truck as I was thinking my last option is to drill out the bolts. If there is a socket wrench that holds the bolts from the top that would be great. I will probably have to open the head light to get to it otherwise.

IDK if anyone else had this issue but the 3-bolt method put the projector at an angle that doesn't allow me to raise the cutoff high enough. Its okay but I need to either raise the cutoff or I could level the truck.

I think I need that top spacer in there in order to get the angles right and that's why I was trying to take out the projector out.

Ok some guidance. I retro fitted my lights. Have everything wired up. Set truck to auxiliary and turned headlights on. They flashed on then off. Then nothing. I can't repeat it unless i unhook the battery and wait almost like letting a circuit breaker reseting. Fuse in the relay fine. I do know The high beam and low beam switch inside the truck work or the sound of the headlight moving work but no light obviously. Only thing i could think is wrong is the capacitor to the OEM attached to the light bulb isn't connecting so the switch inside works proper . I grounded it to the same spot I have my amp boards so the ground should be good. Help me .

Ok some guidance. I retro fitted my lights. Have everything wired up. Set truck to auxiliary and turned headlights on. They flashed on then off. Then nothing. I can't repeat it unless i unhook the battery and wait almost like letting a circuit breaker reseting. Fuse in the relay fine. I do know The high beam and low beam switch inside the truck work or the sound of the headlight moving work but no light obviously. Only thing i could think is wrong is the capacitor to the OEM attached to the light bulb isn't connecting so the switch inside works proper . I grounded it to the same spot I have my amp boards so the ground should be good. Help me .

Silverado or Sierra?

Guys I need some help...I have ordered he FX-r projectors to replace the factory ones my '15 Silverado also ordered the brackets from Fast headlights but only received ne set of brackets to do one light. Anyway I have my truck torn apart and the headlights in the living room floor, can someone post pics of the slots that are cut or the holes that are drilled in the FX-R's to be able to mount them without using the brackets? What's the best way to line the new projector up in order to drill the new holes or cut the slots so the factory bottom holes can be used. I have read on here where some people have only used the bottom brackets from Fast Headlights and not used the top, can this be done also? I have saw in the past people have redrilled the lower holes but I cant seem to find the post where it was talked about.

Edited by eznonby

Post #9 has pics of the new holes/bolts. If u dont split the lights I believe u can only get one top bolt in(or drill a small hole in back of light) and if u drill the new holes in the bottom getting them aligned may be tough. I think if u could somehow mark the bottom holes with the bracket(fastheadlight) it may be ur best bet or drill the bottom holes in the FXR a bit bigger and allow for some twisting of the projector to get the alignment straight before final tightening.

To the guy with the problem with his lights flashing. I was having the same issue. The polarity going to the capacitor probably needs to be reversed. I noticed that the red and black wires on my 9011 to H11 adapter were opposite of my H11 female coming from the truck. That meant the connection into the capacitor needs to be reversed before I plugged it in. Once I did that everything fire up.

You mean these........ ;) They will be out real soon. First prototype right here. It is awful pulling fog lights in 2014 + Silverado though. Nnbs is easy but these new ones you need to pull the bumper off. Aside from that the Morimoto XBLED fogs are awesome.

bb00356c287d2e00e212688daa876148.jpgce33ac3d820769264620456a05337355.jpg4e9ab2e72ac40b6d0c7624f39af27327.jpg

Oh Im jealous you got your hands on some already! let us know when they come out as i want them!

Bingo I flipped the bottom fast headlights bracket and the alignment needed for the new holes to be drilled is spot on. I have seen n other post where people have added washers between the projector and mounting holes in headlight, do I still need to add them?

Which projectors do I want to upgrade to on a silverado with oem projectors?

The fxr projectors that everyone is using, they are designed for dual output, do you just ignore that part or does it make a difference?

I'm looking at the morimoto elite hid system, but it does not include new projectors. Also, it says it includes the capacitor link, is that the anti flicker can bus capacitor?

Using these for low beams only, do the hids stay on as drls? How does that work?

Thanks

Which projectors do I want to upgrade to on a silverado with oem projectors?

The fxr projectors that everyone is using, they are designed for dual output, do you just ignore that part or does it make a difference?

I'm looking at the morimoto elite hid system, but it does not include new projectors. Also, it says it includes the capacitor link, is that the anti flicker can bus capacitor?

Using these for low beams only, do the hids stay on as drls? How does that work?

Thanks

Easiest thing to do is buy the kit from fastheadlights. This will get you everything you need to install plus the brackets.

Concerning dual output, you can connect the high beam wires if you choose and have essentially 4 high beams but there is no need to do that unless you just want to.

The HID's will stay on as DRL's. In my '15 Silverado, I just turn the auto headlight switch off after starting the truck and they stay off during the day.