LED 921 Reverse & Cargo Bulbs

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the 2017s the same? Are the cargo and reverse lights LEDs?

Thank you.

I removed halogens from my 2017 reverse fixture and installed 921's from V-Leds, very bright and white. I will do the same with 3rd brake lamp fixture on back of the cab.

Any bright LED lamps with the lens cap that make them look like projectors hold in heat from the leds underneath and usually start burning out the chip LED's before a year of use. I went through 2 sets in 2 years before purchasing the 921's from V-LED's that are not covered.

I hope I do not have that problem.

I just installed four. When it gets dark I will go check them out.

The cargo lights work well.

The reverse lights do not come on.....

I'll have to mess with it tomorrow.

I hope I do not have that problem.

I just installed four. When it gets dark I will go check them out.

The cargo lights work well.

The reverse lights do not come on.....

I'll have to mess with it tomorrow.

Try rotating 180*, sometimes LED's are polarity sensitive.

If that does not work try one you know to be working from your cargo light in your reverse sockets....If it works try the one from reverse socket into cargo light before you deem as bad....inexpensive diodes can be very finicky.

Many substandard LED bulbs sold online and in stores, most are junk.

I'm went through the learning curve with my cars, trucks and home...now going with all LED's on landscape lighting and finding very few quality products available.

You are 100% correct.

Somehow I got both cargo lights right and both reverse lights wrong. Aside from the backwards install and a very tight fit on the reverse light sockets, this was super easy.

I bought the Phillips lights. They look nice. So far so good. Thank you,

You are 100% correct.

Somehow I got both cargo lights right and both reverse lights wrong. Aside from the backwards install and a very tight fit on the reverse light sockets, this was super easy.

I bought the Phillips lights. They look nice. So far so good. Thank you,

Glad it worked out for you. Phillips makes a good product.

• 3 weeks later...

just picked up 2017 1500 Denali... are the back up light bulbs LEDs or not?

Likely not...I have a 2017 Silverado 1500 6.2 LTZ Z71 Midnight Edition and although the Denali is a step up I highly doubt the reverse bulbs are different. I replaced mine with 921 high power reverse 6K LED's from Vled's. The factory bulbs were good but the new 921 LED's are far brighter and whiter.

Should absolutely fit. Push that dude in there. Jut make sure you line it up right.

Cargo lights and license plate lights went in no problem. Tried to fit the 921 back up lights and broke them.

Will order a different brand possibly the VLEDs that were mentioned in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to change out my backup lights on my 2016 Sierra All Terrain. Does the red piece in the picture act as a lock? Socket doesn't want to come out.63ca107d94dd8f275be64db522210d21.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Trying to change out my backup lights on my 2016 Sierra All Terrain. Does the red piece in the picture act as a lock? Socket doesn't want to come out.63ca107d94dd8f275be64db522210d21.jpg

Forget it. Just realized that wasn't the backup socket. [emoji18]

Archived