What have you done to your K2 today?

Yeah that’s what I want. Wife said I can’t get rid of this truck anytime soon so everything I do I want it to extend life of anything I can. I expected wear and tear with lift but obviously if keeping gears cooler means longer life I’m game.

I have to call my guy and get cost for the covers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/13/2019 at 9:34 PM, dieselfan1 said:

Thanks to the guys that agree $1600 is a fair price for a top notch job.

I like the way it looks and it was worth it to me. If you think I payed too much, it's my money why do you care?

This^^ I'll be the first to say I will not spend $1600 for ceramic. But, you will never hear me say someone else shouldn't.

Each person buys and maintains their truck to suit their needs. My needs do not include ceramic, diesel's does and I respect that. Frankly, I can clearly see a big difference even in the pics and feel like he (and others) should be proud of the fact they're taking that kind of care of their truck.

Over the years I've been on enthusiast sites for Mustangs, Jeeps, and now here. The one consistent problem is people who can't show respect for other people's choices and have to speak out against it. Even when they ask for opinions, you can still be respectful.

Rant over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, geswek said:

Yeah that’s what I want. Wife said I can’t get rid of this truck anytime soon so everything I do I want it to extend life of anything I can. I expected wear and tear with lift but obviously if keeping gears cooler means longer life I’m game.

I have to call my guy and get cost for the covers.

Hey, if your guy can get a better price than the 250.00 I see out there on the net, why not hook a brotha up.........:D

Shakey

On 3/14/2019 at 8:50 AM, SS502 said:

It really is, normally I don't care for the de-badged look but his has the perfect balance of chrome accents to make those wheels really look good. BTW, you got me very interested in the ceramic...the more I see it the more I want it. Not sure how it will look on white but I'm probably gonna do it. I will have to pay a bit more than you did (just the pricing down here) but I think it's gonna be money well spent. :thumbs:

I'll look forward to your review of the shop you use. If you end up thinking they do really quality work, I might make the drive over there from Gainesville.

• Like 1

Hey, if your guy can get a better price than the 250.00 I see out there on the net, why not hook a brotha up.........[emoji3]

Shakey

$300 installed.

He said there is no cover for front.

12 hours ago, Waterfowler41 said:

Couldn’t be happier with how well the wireless cab lights went on! They match the Boost Auto switchbacks real well.

Here's the link to the install, honestly really impressed with how well these guys installed.  

Pulled our the SLR for a better night show.
IMG_0933.thumb.JPG.ec66df6a9084fc186963899583c7cc24.JPG

iPhone night shot

IMG_3101.thumb.jpg.4a34d4dccdb98aafcffc79134fa29e2f.jpg
Waterfowler 41’s Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brittmork 

First, very nice and detailed post. The very first thing I noticed (before you bent the base plate) is the gap present with the roof's contour...easy fix :thumbs: I will follow this for updates as you have more time with them. I guess if I had one suggestion (not for you but to the manufacturer) it would be to somehow add a light to the fob to show what mode you're actually in. Like a tiny red LED that (for maybe 3-5 seconds) would shine BRIGHT, DIM or STROBE so you could definitely know from inside the cab what mode you have them set at. I know that is very petty but I'd hate to accidently have them in strobe mode while driving, not really even concerned about bright or dim but it would be a nice touch. Possibly a recall button (like a quick double click) so you could check the mode anytime you wanted. VERY petty but just an opinion :rolleyes:

Or maybe it has that and I missed it?

Edited by SS502
added one last bit at the end...
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, SS502 said:

First, very nice and detailed post. The very first thing I noticed (before you bent the base plate) is the gap present with the roof's contour...easy fix :thumbs: I will follow this for updates as you have more time with them. I guess if I had one suggestion (not for you but to the manufacturer) it would be to somehow add a light to the fob to show what mode you're actually in. Like a tiny red LED that (for maybe 3-5 seconds) would shine BRIGHT, DIM or STROBE so you could definitely know from inside the cab what mode you have them set at. I know that is very petty but I'd hate to accidently have them in strobe mode while driving, not really even concerned about bright or dim but it would be a nice touch. Possibly a recall button (like a quick double click) so you could check the mode anytime you wanted. VERY petty but just an opinion :rolleyes:

Or maybe it has that and I missed it?

Thanks for the comment on the video. 

I just sent an email this morning to them on this exact item. I would love a way to fix the lights into 1 mode (dim). The workaround for now is turn the lights on on your way to the truck so you can confirm settings.  Not ideal but all things considered, we have cab lights and didn't drill huge holes in my brother in laws truck.. :dunno:

Hoping some of my electrical friends have some ideas how to modify the remotes to accomplish this!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Waterfowler41 said:

Thanks for the comment on the video. 

I just sent an email this morning to them on this exact item. I would love a way to fix the lights into 1 mode (dim). The workaround for now is turn the lights on on your way to the truck so you can confirm settings.  Not ideal but all things considered, we have cab lights and didn't drill huge holes in my brother in laws truck.. :dunno:

Hoping some of my electrical friends have some ideas how to modify the remotes to accomplish this!

Wonderful and just not having to drill is the best thing!! Thank you!

2014 GMC Sierra All Terrain 7-9 Mcgaughys lift set at 8 inch on 20x10 Fuel Mavericks with 35 inch Toyo Open Country R/T

Finally got some good shots5299c7dc32c52b1106a9d585b6ffaef5.jpg
fda70511b4d1740d6e2d86853e9a24c1.jpg364b5fbb83955bf71d2c0939fad1475e.jpg9e103046b09e4478ac994cf492df799b.jpg

I think I’m drunk—is the rear sagging or is they just photo?

Looks great. I like their lifts.

• Like 2

Got my G2 Brute diff cover in the yesterday. Now just waiting on fluids to come in then trying to find a day I have enough time to out it on.a186f24a3e4770a996e9fbd58c4291d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You’ll love it! Had mine installed 10k miles ago, zero issues, no leaks. Only thing you REALLY need to be careful with is your spare, stock spare no issues but it doesn’t allow anything larger than a 32.5”-33” tire unless you don’t mind having grill marks on your spare along with the smell of burning rubber.

b0c93fcb34d119c6845c2a1ed61a8b48.jpg

Sent from above

• Like 3

I completely forgot to add the reason why I switched to this aftermarket Diff Cover.

Going off-road often it’s Super heavy duty especially useful if you scrape a curb or rock which will very easily peel the cheap thin stock one like a tin can.

Holds more fluid and very easy to do your own maintenance along with added magnets for your own personal reassurance.

Cooling fin properties and of course, Looks GREAT! Just an all around great mod that’s actually beneficial in above stated reasons plus much more.

Just be-aware as with all Rear Diff Cover mods, they’re larger than stock and may not allow larger than stock size spares to fit under truck bed.

Sent from above

• Like 1