What have you done to your K2 today?

1 hour ago, Ravenkeeper said:

Yeah, me too.  I've seen several postings about guys removing their airdams and not seeing any real change (+/-) in their MPGs.

Think it all depends on where you are driving, if these were NASCAR trucks, probably would make a huge difference.

City driving, you will never notice a difference, and if you are loosing a 1.0 - 1.5 on the freeway, but like how your truck looks without it you won't even care.

Day 2 mods are still the best thing about any vehicle, you make it your own.

• Like 3

On 1/21/2020 at 10:20 AM, doubeleive said:

? goo gone? everything I have ever touched with that stuff ruined it instantly, i'm surprised, looks good though I don't see any residue or mark left over.

Yes! Goo Gone. I have a black truck and I used Goo Gone. Can't even tell. I actually had some shadowing in my clear coat that I had to do a Step 3 with but seriously, Goo Gone and a trim removal tool will do the trick. For my shadowing I just used some Meguiar's Scratch X. Looks so much better debadged.

Also, some people here have recommended using a 3M eraser wheel with great success, may even be easier than using Goo Gone and elbow grease.

• Like 3

ordered a set of turn signal mirrors with the harness and switch from Phil, Morimoto brake lights will be here tomorrow, received and sent back the illuminated "bow tie" emblem because it had a defect inside the acrylic a big piece of black plastic was embedded inside and there is no way to "clean it" it was directly on top so i sent it back and ordered another one should be here tomorrow also. Hopefully the rain will stop 

• Like 2

ordered a set of turn signal mirrors with the harness and switch from Phil, Morimoto brake lights will be here tomorrow, received and sent back the illuminated "bow tie" emblem because it had a defect inside the acrylic a big piece of black plastic was embedded inside and there is no way to "clean it" it was directly on top so i sent it back and ordered another one should be here tomorrow also. Hopefully the rain will stop 

Morimitos for the 3rd brake light?

6 minutes ago, kwOH said:

Morimitos for the 3rd brake light?

No the rear brake lights, the 3rd brake light I have my eye on one that is red led and red led cargo light but I think I can modify it so they all light up for the brake light, I never use the cargo light anyway.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-14-18-Silverado-Sierra-High-Power-LED-High-Mount-Stop-Lamp-Third-Brake-Cargo/183388827794

these are the morimoto's, pricey suckers I hope there nice

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VGLDQL4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 2

No the rear brake lights, the 3rd brake light I have my eye on one that is red led and red led cargo light but I think I can modify it so they all light up for the brake light, I never use the cargo light anyway.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-14-18-Silverado-Sierra-High-Power-LED-High-Mount-Stop-Lamp-Third-Brake-Cargo/183388827794

these are the morimoto's, pricey suckers I hope there nice
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VGLDQL4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I modded an all red 3rd like that for my 2007 sierra. You need the High Country LED taillights lol.
This is the 3rd brake light I got, no leaks, and works perfect, looks pretty close to oem too.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F222773900341
  • Like 1

received the Morimoto tail lights today

initial thoughts, not really impressed for $475 but they are "OK" quality control is not great both housings had some material left over inside from either manufacturing or came loose from shipping but nothing terrible. I hooked them up and ended up with blinker hyper flash, they are supposed to have resistors built in but apparently they are defective. so back in the box they went and I am waiting for a response from the amazon seller, A previous reviewer said his hyperflashed also but that morimoto sent him a new "updated" set and that resolved the problem, I was kind of hoping I would get a "updated set" initially but apparently not.

Other than that I was trying to figure out the center portion of the housing and why it looked "whitish" in the online photos, well this is because the center portion of the brake/blinker is a mirror like panel that reflects a 3d image of the leds again not really impressed with them but they are different. I think while I wait for the seller to respond I will keep shopping, I may keep them if they can get me a set with good resistors and maybe not....

mori.jpg

mori1.jpg

• Like 2

received the Morimoto tail lights today

initial thoughts, not really impressed for $475 but they are "OK" quality control is not great both housings had some material left over inside from either manufacturing or came loose from shipping but nothing terrible. I hooked them up and ended up with blinker hyper flash, they are supposed to have resistors built in but apparently they are defective. so back in the box they went and I am waiting for a response from the amazon seller, A previous reviewer said his hyperflashed also but that morimoto sent him a new "updated" set and that resolved the problem, I was kind of hoping I would get a "updated set" initially but apparently not.

Other than that I was trying to figure out the center portion of the housing and why it looked "whitish" in the online photos, well this is because the center portion of the brake/blinker is a mirror like panel that reflects a 3d image of the leds again not really impressed with them but they are different. I think while I wait for the seller to respond I will keep shopping, I may keep them if they can get me a set with good resistors and maybe not....

mori.jpg

mori1.jpg

Did you by chance just have the ignition turned on instead of the truck running?

I installed some cheaper Spec-D LED tails on my sierra the other week. With the ignition on, after 3 "blinks" it would hyperflash, but only on the passanger side. Thought I read somewhere there wasn't enough voltage or amps for the tails to not hyperflash.. While the truck was running everything was fine.

Regarding the 3rd brake light, I ordered a couple different brands; Spec-D, and two amazon brands.. All had a terrible seal and leaked. It was either bite the bullet from either Recon or Evil Manufacturing for $2-300, or remain stock. I went the cheaper route of these two with LED's in the brake/cargo lights and had it wrapped in 20% tint. Good enough for me haha!

1 hour ago, boettcher40 said:

Did you by chance just have the ignition turned on instead of the truck running?

I installed some cheaper Spec-D LED tails on my sierra the other week. With the ignition on, after 3 "blinks" it would hyperflash, but only on the passanger side. Thought I read somewhere there wasn't enough voltage or amps for the tails to not hyperflash.. While the truck was running everything was fine.

Regarding the 3rd brake light, I ordered a couple different brands; Spec-D, and two amazon brands.. All had a terrible seal and leaked. It was either bite the bullet from either Recon or Evil Manufacturing for $2-300, or remain stock. I went the cheaper route of these two with LED's in the brake/cargo lights and had it wrapped in 20% tint. Good enough for me haha!

shouldn't matter if the truck is running or not, at first I thought I was ok but then discovered after I took the upper incandescent bulb out it would hyper flash and I think when I was messing around with it I had tried it with the truck running and not running. If I have any trouble with the 3rd brake housing not sealing up correctly I have padding I can cut and add

I am still waiting for the seller to respond I will give them there  48 hours then I can just go thru amazon directly, I also sent a message to Moritmoto so one way or the other it will get resolved