What have you done to your K2 today?

3 hours ago, jpinoy said:

For a while, I had the door handles installed with just the regular LED that was in the door. I did a whole retrofit and bought some Profile Prism Sequential LED strips(6"). Crossed my fingers and dug(dremel/grinded) out the backside of the door handle to fit the LED strips, sealed them up and wired them back up. Now they come on with park-lamp(white) and turn signal. I did also wire up the regular LED to come on with the puddle lamp, but at night, the park lamp comes on, so it outshines the OE LED in the door :(. I did keep the option in the door to switch it out to that if the normal park-lamp LED was too bright(unless I get complaints, it' the bright LED :D ). 

Damn that’s what I want!!!! Sh!!!t looks badass bro

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Frankielozano214 said:

Damn that’s what I want!!!! Sh!!!t looks badass bro

Thanks man! I had the parts sitting around giving me the stink eye to do the retrofit for almost a year. Due to the covid stuff going on, been working from home since March.. so was taking my time and didn't need to drive the truck really, so it could stay apart for a while.. haha!  you can find sellers that do more crazy stuff, but I had the time and wanted to learn.. plus, I like how the Profile Prism sequential flow(chasing) These things are BRIGHT!

I'm going to get a ticket for switching lanes too many times trying to show it off..  ? ?

• Haha 1

Replaced the touchscreen in my truck with a junkyard unit to see if it would fix my radio problems.  No such luck.  Probably means I need a new radio module or I have cabling issues associated with the radio.  Guess it is time to start saving up for an aftermarket upgrade.....

• Like 1

Replaced the touchscreen in my truck with a junkyard unit to see if it would fix my radio problems.  No such luck.  Probably means I need a new radio module or I have cabling issues associated with the radio.  Guess it is time to start saving up for an aftermarket upgrade.....

It would probably be cheaper to take your truck and have a dealership diagnose the problem. Throwing parts at it is gonna get expensive especially when you start having to program modules for your VIN.

1 hour ago, tmo said:

It would probably be cheaper to take your truck and have a dealership diagnose the problem. Throwing parts at it is gonna get expensive especially when you start having to program modules for your VIN.

I will put in an aftermarket unit before that happens.

I will put in an aftermarket unit before that happens.

Lol so you will spend a couple hundred on a screen replacement (when you didn’t even know that was the issue) but similar price for diagnosing is a no go.. difference is you would have your answer. I could’ve told you it wasn’t the screen and before you replace the radio module I would look at HMI

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tmo said:

Lol so you will spend a couple hundred on a screen replacement (when you didn’t even know that was the issue) but similar price for diagnosing is a no go.. difference is you would have your answer. I could’ve told you it wasn’t the screen and before you replace the radio module I would look at HMI

Since the replacement came from a place that will accept returns for a full refund I am out $0.  With that much investment it was worth a shot; I have seen way too many failed touchscreens to not think this was a pretty good stab at the issue.  Now it is time to put together some coin for a nice shiny new Kenwood, Alpine, or Pioneer.  Was never intending to replace the OE audio system but it looks like it needs to happen.

• Like 1

I did the same thing when I did my DL3 upgrade, only I went with Polk Audio. I'm glad I took the time and did it together, because I am not ever planning on taking those door panels off again. Lining them up to get them back on sucks. 

Any difference in sounds quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, BrightWhiteDC said:

Any difference in sounds quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it a bit better. But I did it, because I eventually want to upgrade the system completely and the door panels were already off to do the mirrors.

It'll probably be a better quality difference once the rest of the speakers are replaced and an amp and sub are added. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, jpinoy said:

Installed OEM Chevy Projection puddle lamps(need to tweak the position, not straight with the body). These are for 2019-2021, but fit my 2017. 

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/241697-puddle-light-kit-with-gmc-logo-projection/

Chevy projection Puddle Lamp

20200813_211555.thumb.jpg.536df73657855915228233ede742e355.jpg20200813_211811.thumb.jpg.c16bc55771973d1f0894399f9c2d9dae.jpg

151.23 kB · 0 downloads 20200813_211407.thumb.jpg.00cce6241703935c2845e983b90e1d55.jpg

I ordered some of those 3-4 days ago waiting for them to arrive, how do you plan to straighten them? 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 12:23 AM, doubeleive said:

I ordered some of those 3-4 days ago waiting for them to arrive, how do you plan to straighten them? 

It looks like you can just notch a little off  of the side(left or right) of where it clips into depending on which way it need to turn. It's not that far off, so it wouldn't be that bad. I did have to shave a little off the edge on one side, as it rubs/pushes up against(looks like a the housing for the mirror motor?) and it wouldn't sit flush. After shaving off a little, it sat flush. Per paperwork mine came with, the stickers were supposed to be Purple(DD) and Orange(PD), the Orange(PD) looked yellow to me.. But yellow in the paper works was for Cadillac DD.. :D

**Updated to show after notching out the puddle insert to line up with body.

1726697987_Puddlelamp.thumb.jpg.288b307838bd21d0bcbc719a9162a83d.jpg1452117154_Puddlelampps.thumb.jpg.83c11de958af5b08ac625b982aa215ba.jpg

Edited by jpinoy
  • Like 2