What have you done to your K2 today?

9 minutes ago, Ravenkeeper said:

Do you want to drive out here and do mine next?

Actually, if time would allow, I wouldn't mind it at all!
That instant gratification thing that happens when shining up a vehicle is always fun! :D

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MikeBMW said:

Actually, if time would allow, I wouldn't mind it at all!
That instant gratification thing that happens when shining up a vehicle is always fun! :D

I get that after going through the soft cloth car wash. Instant gratification 😛

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikeyk101 said:

I get that after going through the soft cloth car wash. Instant gratification 😛

Yep, soft cloth car wash (truck barely fits in) and then three hours on the shine! :D

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 8:23 PM, CajunFries said:

Changed out my stock radiator for a Mishimoto one. Along with a Katech thermostat. 

81D85312-64E4-47D6-8676-0BDFBC9593C6.jpeg

457DBF3B-F518-4B76-821F-1C596BCC4EC4.jpeg

how was the fitment? any modifications needed? or was it a direct fit, I am mostly curious if it caused any interference with the shutters I also have a tru cool 40k mounted in front of my stock radiator I wonder if using this radiator would take up that space I use for the tru cool. 

On 9/19/2021 at 3:11 AM, CajunFries said:

Finally got around to installing the Baja Design fog light kit. Went with just the squadron sport instead of the SAE. 

C2993E93-3B20-40C9-90C4-1CCE8E53DB10.jpeg

276A2791-8053-4F4B-9F4C-FE3398B141A1.jpeg

8434A030-EFE1-4588-AF07-B9C877C5D846.jpeg

are these stock vs baja before and after shots? or?

11 hours ago, doubeleive said:

how was the fitment? any modifications needed? or was it a direct fit, I am mostly curious if it caused any interference with the shutters I also have a tru cool 40k mounted in front of my stock radiator I wonder if using this radiator would take up that space I use for the tru cool. 

I would say it takes up exactly the same amount of space.

But looking at the picture, might be forward by 3/8 to 1/2 inch. Other's that have done this made no mention of having to remove the shutters.

Edited by M1ck3y

11 hours ago, doubeleive said:

The fitment was great. Pretty much direct swap. However, I’m running a supercharge and my intake pipe/hose was already pretty much touching the fan housing with stock one. The Mishimoto push the fan housing towards the engine another…. 0.5” roughly. So I have to grind that off but other than that, anything front of the radiator shouldn’t be effected. Idk about the shutter since I have a 6L80. Have you looked into the newer fluid for the 8/10 speed? Supposedly that fixed most of that problem. If you have shutter with the 6A it might be because your Tc is going out. 

23 hours ago, M1ck3y said:

I would say it takes up exactly the same amount of space.

But looking at the picture, might be forward by 3/8 to 1/2 inch. Other's that have done this made no mention of having to remove the shutters.

thanks I am not worried about having to remove the shutters I am concerned about the space I currently use for the tru-cool between the shutters and the radiator and I was just wondering if you had to make any cuts or modify anything to make it fit.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CajunFries said:

The fitment was great. Pretty much direct swap. However, I’m running a supercharge and my intake pipe/hose was already pretty much touching the fan housing with stock one. The Mishimoto push the fan housing towards the engine another…. 0.5” roughly. So I have to grind that off but other than that, anything front of the radiator shouldn’t be effected. Idk about the shutter since I have a 6L80. Have you looked into the newer fluid for the 8/10 speed? Supposedly that fixed most of that problem. If you have shutter with the 6A it might be because your Tc is going out. 

I meant the shutters that are in front of the radiator, not the transmission shuddering, I have the transmission thermostat deleted and a tru-cool installed in front of the radiator, I haven't ran into any issues with the engine getting hot from the tru-cool on the Silverado but I have with the yukon which had the same setup but I moved the tru-cool down to the lower grill on the yukon and now it does not stay as cool as it did in front of the radiator, but it works... I may end get the mishimoto for both.

4 hours ago, doubeleive said:

I meant the shutters that are in front of the radiator, not the transmission shuddering, I have the transmission thermostat deleted and a tru-cool installed in front of the radiator, I haven't ran into any issues with the engine getting hot from the tru-cool on the Silverado but I have with the yukon which had the same setup but I moved the tru-cool down to the lower grill on the yukon and now it does not stay as cool as it did in front of the radiator, but it works... I may end get the mishimoto for both.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I see yeah I got rid of my shutter. I left the trim and motor in place and just trim the flaps off. My trucool is in front of my S/C heat exchanger and after it went on, I was having issue with cooling my blower on a hot day. And my coolant was kinda hot. So that’s the main reason. I upgrade my radiator. Also thinking about moving my trucool to somewhere else so my IAT will be a lil cooler. The truck also have a 3000 converter & tstat delete. So my trans temp is a lil higher than normal. But yeah overall, it’s a great upgrade for sure. I also went with a Katech 150(or 160 I don’t remember) thermostat. Now the last piece to this puzzle is RKsport heat extractor hood. It’s backordred til may/June of next year….. put an order in since September. Smh. 

76411391-8D36-4DB1-96A5-B9B00D1497A5.jpeg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, CajunFries said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I see yeah I got rid of my shutter. I left the trim and motor in place and just trim the flaps off. My trucool is in front of my S/C heat exchanger and after it went on, I was having issue with cooling my blower on a hot day. And my coolant was kinda hot. So that’s the main reason. I upgrade my radiator. Also thinking about moving my trucool to somewhere else so my IAT will be a lil cooler. The truck also have a 3000 converter & tstat delete. So my trans temp is a lil higher than normal. But yeah overall, it’s a great upgrade for sure. I also went with a Katech 150(or 160 I don’t remember) thermostat. Now the last piece to this puzzle is RKsport heat extractor hood. It’s backordred til may/June of next year….. put an order in since September. Smh. 

76411391-8D36-4DB1-96A5-B9B00D1497A5.jpeg

Where do I get that License Plate!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, M1ck3y said:

Where do I get that License Plate!

Did a quick search, hoonigan.com, ebay, summit racing, and a few others have them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hoonigan+plate&source=lmns&tbm=shop&bih=1125&biw=1920&client=firefox-b-1-e&hl=en-US&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjEl-6-0cH0AhXPr3IEHTsWD-4Q_AUoAXoECAEQAQ

Hoonigan Cali OG License Plate | Zumiez

Edited by Ravenkeeper
  • Like 1

Not all today but the last couple months. ‘17 Denali ultimate w/ 80k miles. Had the truck about 3 years now. Thanks for all the great info on this forum!

• Suspension Maxx 2.25 level
  • Replaced front magneride shocks with aftermarket brand (YWEISPART 84176631)
  • Breaks/rotors - Power Stop K6560-36 Z36 
  • Exhaust - Borla muffler (40946 XR-1) w/ side exit dual tip
  • Replaced fluids in front/rear diffs and transfer case - transmission is next
  • Supreme suspension diff drop
  • OPT7 60” tailgate light bar
  • Wheels - Method MR314 18”
  • Tires - Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/75R18 - I think this size is really under rated…it’s 34.8” and fills the wheel wells nicely. Some rub but easily remedied 
  • Diablo i3 Platinum - 93 canned tune w/ Some of the parameters changed. Will possibly go with Diablew in the future.

Let me know of any questions. Maybe I should post a build thread with more pics and detail.

C24A409C-6754-4EA5-B22A-5978D82DBE5E.jpeg

DBB8E23F-1BDC-4A0D-ACF7-30AD19370EBA.jpeg

• Like 9