What have you done to your K2 today?

Changed both headlight bulbs after the driver side went out, which means I am all good for a little while (changed the amber reflectors a couple months ago)! :)

Additionally, I decided to troubleshoot the terrible squeaking noise I was getting while at low speeds, turning, and braking. I initially thought it was a bad wheel bearing or sticking caliper on the front driver side but nope! - It was coming from the rear and it was the parking brake gently rubbing, which I had not used in a while. Literally fixed it by applying it and unapplying it. Piece of cake!

• Like 4

On 10/18/2021 at 6:21 PM, 15BlueSilverado said:

Bought a smoothed out tailgate handle and color matched it myself today, doesn't look too bad for a dirty truck. Lol

20211018_175046.jpg

Note to self... don't buy cheap China crap online!! Damn thing broke on the inside while I was carrying a load and couldn't open the tailgate. Had to pull the the panel off to get to the backside and put the old one back on. :( 

• Sad 5

Picked up an underseat storage box, today. Son and I just got done installing it, and putting most of my underseat stuff in it.  

Thanks Mauricio (if you’re in this forum)!!!

3B0BDF83-A84F-4D9D-A829-B6A185042707.jpeg

A12D793F-D0B8-41B8-B64B-DACBF66F53AA.jpeg

Edited by Ravenkeeper
  • Like 4

On 11/5/2021 at 1:59 PM, 15BlueSilverado said:

Note to self... don't buy cheap China crap online!! Damn thing broke on the inside while I was carrying a load and couldn't open the tailgate. Had to pull the the panel off to get to the backside and put the old one back on. :(

Not exactly the look you were going for, but did this to my truck. It is a factory item, black plastic bezel with the chrome handle.

Sorry about the picture being sideways. 

IMG_0829.jpg.de3713b5168105b38983dab421e2487e.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ravenkeeper said:

Picked up an underseat storage box, today. Son and I just got done installing it, and putting most of my underseat stuff in it.  

Thanks Mauricio (if you’re in this forum)!!!

3B0BDF83-A84F-4D9D-A829-B6A185042707.jpeg

A12D793F-D0B8-41B8-B64B-DACBF66F53AA.jpeg

Nice Chris! Still, I prefer the lock box ...

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 1:14 PM, M1ck3y said:

New rubber, much better then the stock duratracs. Transmission likes the slightly heavier tire, firms up the shifts/not as sloppy. 

20211031_161836.jpg

I thought the same when I hauled a load of wood today.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Alan Bowman said:

Watched tracking numbers all day that I thought were coming for delivery but they’re delayed until tomm. So, one more day I guess. 🤤😑

I wonder about deliveries. Last week waiting for my new trans thermal valve, it came from Ohio to Oak Creek, WI, then up to Osh Kosh, then to Milwaukee, then back to Oak Creek, then back to Milwaukee, then finally to Salem and then to Silver Lake for delivery...

Screenshot_20211108-083338_USPS Mobile.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 11/1/2021 at 1:14 PM, M1ck3y said:

New rubber, much better then the stock duratracs. Transmission likes the slightly heavier tire, firms up the shifts/not as sloppy. 

20211031_161836.jpg

I have an extra comment on this topic. I changed the tranny fluid and the filter and it doesn’t down shift to gain power now. It just revs a lil higher vs down shifting. Thought I needed a programmer for this. 
just needed fluid! 
not sure how old your fluid is?

my truck is a 16.

so mine was 5 years old going on 6. 
I changed out both axles and the tcase.  Never seen so many metal shavings in my life. 
WHEN IN DOUBT CHANGE IT OUT!
these liquids deteriorate with time reguardless what the bottle says. 
had a Harley 500. Was almost over heating. It was a 15 so 6 year old coolant.

changed the fluid and was noticeably cooler.

traded in that 500 for a 2019 883.

same concept. 
Got the bike couldn’t get it over 90 mph. Guess what it needed an oil change hit 102 the other day. Had some sludge in the motor. Idk how it’s a 2019!!!!
reguardless what you got how new or old it is. Change the fluid so you know. The guy who did it could say what ever you wanna hear.

luckily my car is a 2019 so that one should be okay for now lol

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Alan Bowman said:

I have an extra comment on this topic. I changed the tranny fluid and the filter and it doesn’t down shift to gain power now. It just revs a lil higher vs down shifting. Thought I needed a programmer for this. 
just needed fluid! 
not sure how old your fluid is?

my truck is a 16.

so mine was 5 years old going on 6. 
I changed out both axles and the tcase.  Never seen so many metal shavings in my life. 
WHEN IN DOUBT CHANGE IT OUT!
these liquids deteriorate with time reguardless what the bottle says. 
had a Harley 500. Was almost over heating. It was a 15 so 6 year old coolant.

changed the fluid and was noticeably cooler.

traded in that 500 for a 2019 883.

same concept. 
Got the bike couldn’t get it over 90 mph. Guess what it needed an oil change hit 102 the other day. Had some sludge in the motor. Idk how it’s a 2019!!!!
reguardless what you got how new or old it is. Change the fluid so you know. The guy who did it could say what ever you wanna hear.

luckily my car is a 2019 so that one should be okay for now lol

Trans fluid is new, but I will need to do the transfer case and rear diff next year. Regarding the shift sloppiness, it was all low speed part throttle applications that I experienced it. But that being said.. I've made so many different small changes to the air intake that I think the greatest influence on shift quality, is the air intake and how it affect the engine and power output. 

I've had a cold air intake, stock air box with 6.0 litre seal, modified stock air box, and obviously the stock air intake. People really underestimate things like this since you're not going to see it on a dyno.

I like the stock box with 6.0 seal, just feels quick everywhere. It does nose over a bit up top, but not as bad as the stock one. Now i'm trying to figure out how much I want to open it up so that the top end is good without affecting off throttle top in.

This is all with my butt dyno, I could care less what a peice of paper says. It's all about what I feel its doing 😉

Edited by M1ck3y
  • Like 2

On 11/8/2021 at 6:34 AM, mikeyk101 said:

I wonder about deliveries. Last week waiting for my new trans thermal valve, it came from Ohio to Oak Creek, WI, then up to Osh Kosh, then to Milwaukee, then back to Oak Creek, then back to Milwaukee, then finally to Salem and then to Silver Lake for delivery...

Screenshot_20211108-083338_USPS Mobile.jpg

Classic sign of employees not getting paid enough to do their job yet they refused to move on to another job.

8 minutes ago, M1ck3y said:

Trans fluid is new, but I will need to do the transfer case and rear diff next year. Regarding the shift sloppiness, it was all low speed part throttle applications that I experienced it. But that being said.. I've made so many different small changes to the air intake that I think the greatest influence on shift quality, is the air intake and how it affect the engine and power output. 

I've had a cold air intake, stock air box with 6.0 litre seal, modified stock air box, and obviously the stock air intake. People really underestimate things like this since you're not going to see it on a dyno.

I like the stock box with 6.0 seal, just feels quick everywhere. It does nose over a bit up top, but not as bad as the stock one. Now i'm trying to figure out how much I want to open it up so that the top end is good without affecting off throttle top in.

This is all with my butt dyno, I could care less what a peice of paper says. It's all about what I feel its doing 😉

Can I see a pic?

I wanted to do an intake but I want a box.

the box ones they sell have glass with a seal to the inside. I wouldn’t buy it. Honestly I want like the factory box with the tubing to the motor. But I’d want the filter system in the factory box.

is that what your describing?

yeah, for my truck it’s low speeds going up hills. High speeds to but I drive in town mainly lol.

today after changing all the fluids I rode 100 miles ish. I got myself speeding? Lol. But the fluid definitely made a change. But, I only kinda did it half ass cuz I didn’t change all the fluid? Dropping the pan doesn’t drain it all. I’d guess some would be stored in running lines and radiator. 
this V8 stuff is heavy. Speaking of that I read there is 10-16 fuses controlling fuel consumption all around. When I first got my truck there was 2 quarts of gas in the oil. WHEN IN DOUBT CHANGE IT OUT.I was thinking maybe the injectors are sticking? No way it’s leaking through the motor itself. Only 50k miles. Shouldn’t be the pump. Than I seen all those fuses I was like damn. Inside both front doors is a panel and under the hood. I should go check and see if any are bad and what my oil reads. I’ve rode 2k on the oil since the change.

I try to drive the truck on the weekend or if the wife needs the car. Nissan Sentra highly recommend. 2019. Put in a 100$ chip hella gains. Mpg went from 32-36 to 40-45. I couldn’t believe it. But, also the car has less miles than the truck so. Lol.

In the summer I drive a Harley 883 if it doesn’t rain. 
just got a new job, distance is double, in the summer when I can ride… I’ll feel like the kool-aid man.

OHHHH YEAHHHHHH!!!!! 

• Haha 1