What have you done to your K2 today?

1 hour ago, slide187 said:

Last 2.

First one is just the open bed, 2nd one is under the tonneau.  Oh, also don't spill your beer during all of this!!!

IMG_6568.jpg

IMG_6569.jpg

Dang! That is awesome!
Great job, @slide187!

• Thanks 1

Did some upgrades this summer. Fox 2.5's and Cognito UCA's up front and Fox 2.0's with a 3" block in the back. Ended up 2.75" higher in the front and 2" higher in the back (still have some rake which I like). Relaced my chunky chrome nurf bars with Rough County wheel to wheel nurf steps. Added a Borla S-Type dual exhaust. Had a Diablew tune done. Now I just need to replace my 285/70R17's tires (and maybe wheels, have not decided yet) with something a little bigger.

20210829_164918.jpg

• Like 3

Had the Kicker OEM sub installed. I did not get the version that comes with the external amp. I can say it surely has bass in it now. Too bad its a bit over powering. Anyone have a suggestion on bringing the other speakers up in volume but the bass down without killing the mids by lowering the bass on the head unit?

I have tried different settings and its just killing mids. I had to unplug it for the time being til I can figure out what to do to fix the overall sound. Id rather have less bass and better overall sound than more bass. Kinda makes me wish I wouldnt have changed anything.

Edited by Byrds8

11 hours ago, Byrds8 said:

Had the Kicker OEM sub installed. I did not get the version that comes with the external amp. I can say it surely has bass in it now. Too bad its a bit over powering. Anyone have a suggestion on bringing the other speakers up in volume but the bass down without killing the mids by lowering the bass on the head unit?

I have tried different settings and its just killing mids. I had to unplug it for the time being til I can figure out what to do to fix the overall sound. Id rather have less bass and better overall sound than more bass. Kinda makes me wish I wouldnt have changed anything.

I have the one with the extra 200 watt processor. I love it.

4 hours ago, jscottl said:

Yeah I wish I would have gotten that one now. Dont suppose you have a part number for the extra processor and harness? I am hoping I can get it separate and fix the issue.

15 hours ago, jscottl said:

Me too.

I was going to go the route Byrds did but figured I wouldn't be happy so I went for the extra Amp.

I also swapped the stock speakers for Kicker KS series 6"x9" fronts and 6.75" rears.

I swapped the dash speakers for a set of Kenwood 2.75" Echelon speakers too. 

For around $1400 total I'm happy.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Me too.

I was going to go the route Byrds did but figured I wouldn't be happy so I went for the extra Amp.

I also swapped the stock speakers for Kicker KS series 6"x9" fronts and 6.75" rears.

I swapped the dash speakers for a set of Kenwood 2.75" Echelon speakers too. 

For around $1400 total I'm happy.

Yeah now I wish I would have went that route also. Not happy at all and I cannot find just the DSP/AMP and Harness. I would like to swap the speakers out also but I read that without an amp its not a good idea.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2021 at 6:29 PM, Byrds8 said:

Yeah now I wish I would have went that route also. Not happy at all and I cannot find just the DSP/AMP and Harness. I would like to swap the speakers out also but I read that without an amp its not a good idea.

Not sure if he sold it yet or not. Buy it and sell the sub.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/247046-2014-2018-10”-kicker-vss-subwoofer-with-amp/page/2/#comments

9 hours ago, jscottl said:

Thanks. I sent the guy a DM to see if he would respond. He hasn't been on the site since June though. Appreciate the help none the less.

On 9/4/2021 at 10:23 PM, CajunFries said:

Changed out my stock radiator for a Mishimoto one. Along with a Katech thermostat. 

81D85312-64E4-47D6-8676-0BDFBC9593C6.jpeg

457DBF3B-F518-4B76-821F-1C596BCC4EC4.jpeg

Glad to see I'm not the only one using old VP race gas cans as used oil containers. I just brought two full cans into town to dispose of last week and my neighbor goes "sucks to be the person that ran out of gas!"... no dude, I'm not putting C14 in someone's 4-cyl sedan... 😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, boettcher40 said:

Glad to see I'm not the only one using old VP race gas cans as used oil containers. I just brought two full cans into town to dispose of last week and my neighbor goes "sucks to be the person that ran out of gas!"... no dude, I'm not putting C14 in someone's 4-cyl sedan... 😂

hahaha yup! I go thru a 5gallons jug every 2-3 weeks of M1 so I just take the whole thing and dump it at work. Easy!