What have you done to your K2 today?

Drivers side heated seat quit working on me this fall. Thought maybe the detail shop might have pulled a wire loose or something but after checking it over everything was still plugged in. So of course I was thinking, "great, some module has went bad or I have a broken wire in the harness." After doing some checking, I found out my passenger side still worked, bother switches still illuminated, and I had power to the heated seat terminals. Figured it had to be the pads in the seats themselves, so I ordered some replacements online for ~$150 and blocked out all of Saturday to get it replaced. I was shocked when it only took me and my father 1.5 hours start to finish to replace them. Super easy job, I recommend using a heat gun on the old pads to loosen the glue up on the foam and they will peel right off. Sure enough the element was burnt and broken.

IMG_9811.jpg

Edited by Cburge95
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, slide187 said:

Didn’t really DO anything yesterday except look at the dash and noticed this… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

or “these” depending on whether you’d consider this 1 problem or two. 🤪

1ECEB70A-21E5-4415-BAF7-EAF16A0CF213.jpeg

Ouch, I bet those are soldered onto the circuit board too.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, slide187 said:

Didn’t really DO anything yesterday except look at the dash and noticed this… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

or “these” depending on whether you’d consider this 1 problem or two. 🤪

1ECEB70A-21E5-4415-BAF7-EAF16A0CF213.jpeg

Would call it just one problem. since you have to replace the whole unit🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Would call it just one problem. since you have to replace the whole unit🤔

No you just have to unsolder and resolder in the lights to the circuit board. Don't need to replace the whole unit

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Why is that thing only ~$100 and a replacement HVAC control panel for 1996 Tahoe is twice that. 😂

29 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Why is that thing only ~$100 and a replacement HVAC control panel for 1996 Tahoe is twice that. 😂

4 minutes ago, Cburge95 said:

It says its $77 off who knows. Prices on everything are all over the map.

Why did they charge me 250 to ship my center console?

But free shipping on a underseat storage unit. 

The supply chain bs is getting old too.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Does anyone have any experience installing these on their trucks?

https://www.amazon.com/OPT7-Running-Strips-Signal-Courtesy/dp/B07D535PHM/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=running%2Bboard%2Bled&qid=1639415521&sr=8-5&th=1

I have a pair that I've had for almost a year now just haven't gotten around to installing them. If any of you have, how did you mount them?

1 hour ago, dieselfan1 said:

Yeah i pretty much figured it would be a whole unit unplug and plug in the new one type o thing.   Thank you for the link kind sir!

45 minutes ago, shakenfake said:

No you just have to unsolder and resolder in the lights to the circuit board. Don't need to replace the whole unit

yeesh.... I've been rewiring a few of my guitars the last month or so, so i'm definitely up on my soldering technique haha but i'll pull the unit and see what they are and if it's worth the hassle before I order one.  I almost feel like if TWO surface mount LEDs or lights can go on this one, others are likely to follow. so maybe a fresh unit would be the way to go.