What have you done to your K2 today?

I installed the JLT 3.0 oil catch can and S&B cold air intake today. The intake really sounds awesome under acceleration and the throttle feels a bit more responsive now as well. Next project is cleaning the dirty engine bay haha.

20211230_143124.thumb.jpg.d8c5b0e503c5ad3481e8145e286528d4.jpg

• Like 1

My stock '15 Sierra 4X4 has been put to the test during our past several days of heavy snow.  We're at the end of a cul-de-sac with an incline up to a main road.  I think it will be a long time before my neighbors (or Mrs.) asks why I drive a big truck!  It has proven itself as a reliable, warm, safe and unstoppable shuttle when needs arise during these extreme weather events!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ finally got around to addressing these things… the OEM Step bars for the All-Terrain. Flaking like crazy.  Took em off, power-washed them to get off all the loose stuff. I know there are people who swear by it, but I have yet to see something powder coated stay coated. And these are only 3.5 yrs old. Anyway, I don’t really have the means to fully strip them so I got off all the stuff that would come off. Cleaned them with some brake cleaner and then some simple green, then alcohol, and then used a can and a half of this stuff (3 coats)

image.thumb.jpg.3a5fbecb6e34d83ed3cdf80f2e2b3d4c.jpg

They L👀k good, but we’ll see if it lasts.  (That said they don’t have to last past March 😇)

39C154FE-97CD-4085-82F8-8B7957DCEA31.thumb.jpeg.8c5df2857712e5ea753cc9377f7dc3cd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpg.7feaa8cd39e93e09ac910f02ff8f9df8.jpg

Edited by slide187
  • Like 4

Twice a year, I find the bumpstops.  Last year we had a logger pay us $20k to take 94 of the largest, oldest trees back in the woods, and they left the tops and otherwise useless pieces, mostly oak; after I split this, I'll have enough wood to heat the house for half a decade, with enough still left down "in the holler" to last until I retire and move South.  To get out, I tossed it in 4-Lo to climb the steep, 200 yard, muddy uphill exit.  The truck walked up the hill with minimal throttle and occasional wheelspin despite the AT Pirellis and copious weight.

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

Edited by 16LT4
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, 16LT4 said:

Twice a year, I find the bumpstops.  Last year we had a logger pay us $20k to take 94 of the largest, oldest trees back in the woods, and they left the tops and otherwise useless pieces; the after I split this, I'll have enough wood to heat the house for half a decade, with enough still left down "in the holler" to last until I retire and move South.  To get out, I tossed it in 4-Lo to climb the steep, 200 yard, muddy uphill exit.  The truck walked up the hill with minimal throttle and occasional wheelspin despite the AT Pirellis and copious weight.

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

💪

Overloaded and don't skip a beat.

Not surprised .👍

• Like 1

17 hours ago, slide187 said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ finally got around to addressing these things… the OEM Step bars for the All-Terrain. Flaking like crazy.  Took em off, power-washed them to get off all the loose stuff. I know there are people who swear by it, but I have yet to see something powder coated stay coated. And these are only 3.5 yrs old. Anyway, I don’t really have the means to fully strip them so I got off all the stuff that would come off. Cleaned them with some brake cleaner and then some simple green, then alcohol, and then used a can and a half of this stuff (3 coats)

image.thumb.jpg.3a5fbecb6e34d83ed3cdf80f2e2b3d4c.jpg

They L👀k good, but we’ll see if it lasts.  (That said they don’t have to last past March 😇)

39C154FE-97CD-4085-82F8-8B7957DCEA31.thumb.jpeg.8c5df2857712e5ea753cc9377f7dc3cd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpg.7feaa8cd39e93e09ac910f02ff8f9df8.jpg

Why not Line-x them ??

2 hours ago, slj2008 said:

Why not Line-x them ??

So that was my exact thought before tryin this rattle can experiment. So I contacted one of the local line-x shops here and the dude I don’t think really read my message, cuz he was like “yeah it’s $599 to do your bed, and we can also do your step bars.” So I was like “actually the bed is already sprayed, I just need the steps done and a quote for that.” 
them: 🦗🦗🦗🦗

so I tried the $15 method 

Edited by slide187
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, slide187 said:

So that was my exact thought before tryin this rattle can experiment. So I contacted one of the local line-x shops here and the dude I don’t think really read my message, cuz he was like “yeah it’s $599 to do your bed, and we can also do your step bars.” So I was like “actually the bed is already sprayed, I just need the steps done and a quote for that.” 
them: 🦗🦗🦗🦗

so I tried the $15 method 

I have the same issue on the running boards I bought second hand last year. Previous owner clearly didn't have mud flaps so they're flaking like crazy. Asked around locally and was quoted anywhere from 300-500 for powder coat or line-x. Keep us updated in the next few months how they hold up, I'll most likely be doing this in the spring when the temps are higher than in the negatives.. 

• Like 1

will do.  i may not be able to provide long term data, as i'm parting ways with this truck in a couple months.  but right before she goes i'll update and send pics.  but yes, those quotes for line-x on the bars were crazy-pants... more than these bars even cost!!

Edited by slide187
  • Like 1

Light snow day = school canceled, so I did some work cleaning out the bores on the BMW's wheel speed sensors (chasing a WSS, SAS code), and tried out the modified (rubber flaps on the auger's center to scrape the barrel and flip the snow) Snocaster on the '67 Bolens to move the snow.  It worked much better than I'd anticipated, which is promising for the inevitable much deeper stuff.  Wound up with some extra time, so mounted the little Bambi guard.  Thanks Chevy for putting the port side tow-hook bolt head behind the bumper bracket, instead of the nut.  Rather than pulling apart the front end for clearance, I cut the head off the offending bolt with the angle grinder and a 4.5" cutoff wheel.  For only $100, the unit seems pretty high quality, with solid welds; I got it from eBay.  Mounting the thing took under 40 minutes, prolonged due to figuring out how to avoid cutting the bolt, so I had time to finish putting the '65 Kohler K181 back together for the moldboard-plow tractor; it got a hone, new exhaust valve, valve lap, rings, and all gaskets.  An oil leak went a little deeper... but you can't kill an old Kohler! 

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

66326111410__DC4636AF-EF80-4E1B-BBD0-ABBFCF69CAD9.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

Edited by 16LT4
  • Like 3