What have you done to your K2 today?

I went and fueled up this morning, and I couldn't help but notice how good the truck felt. So a I did a few wot runs, and man she was on fire! So I got home and started thinking about density altitude and was curious what the current DA is in my area. Found an online calculator, punched everything in and came up with = 2284 :rollin:

That's about a 1000ft better then I could even dream of getting during the summer. ahh well, it was fun 😜

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, 2019BlackLD said:

I'm just curious if you have checked to see if the tires hit the upper control arms? 

I currently have 275/65's on oe 18's (stock suspension/same tire) and they hit, and my understanding is that it should actually get worse with a lift/level due to the change in suspension geometry. 

Maybe you're 18's have different backspacing then mine :dunno:

Edited by M1ck3y

11 minutes ago, M1ck3y said:

I'm just curious if you have checked to see if the tires hit the upper control arms? 

I currently have 275/65's on oe 18's (stock suspension/same tire) and they hit, and my understanding is that it should actually get worse with a lift/level due to the change in suspension geometry. 

Maybe you're 18's have different backspacing then mine :dunno:

As far as I can tell they don’t rub at all. Full lock forward and reverse I cant hear or feel anything. I got underneath and can’t see them rubbing. The service manager at the dealership said he looked at it on the lift once it was done and he said he didn’t see anywhere it would rub. 

I was very clear with them that I didn’t want anything that would rub. They said they would order different tires if they did. I’m not sure man, I think every truck is different. Regardless it’s a night and day difference.  

• Like 2

Since I bought the 2022 gmc 2500 I decided to start doing some mods to my 2019 limited. So I had a lift kit installed and did some new tires and rims trying to decide what I should do next. I did a 4 inch BDS wish I had gone with a 6 inch oh well.

20220130_115115.jpg

• Like 1

Had the truck washed at one of the many Autolavados I've been seeing in Mexico on our current roadtrip.

I stored the truck for 6 months over the summer in Omaha while we travelled abroad, and when I took it out in December, I couldn't get a good opportunity to wash it properly. I've been looking for a self serve car wash for the last 2 weeks in Mexico but they don't seem to exist.

I never considered the full service Autolavado because I've been paranoid that they'd be using dirty stiff bristle brushes. But coming up on 7 months without a wash, i couldn't take it anymore!

Man was I pleasantly surprised! Dude said it would be 130 pesos (6.25 USD) for the whole truck inside and out. I sat and watched as they went over it for 75 minutes. First a gentle rinse, the full wash, followed by chamois dry. All soft towels, no brushes. Then the entire interior, upholstery, glass, door jambs, tires etc. Truck looks as good as the day it rolled off the dealership! 

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 20.15.03.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 20.15.49.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 20.16.42.png

• Like 3

got the rough country D-ring adapters installed yesterday, took a lot more work than I expected because of the winch had to take off the grill and bumper and unbolt the winch and lift it up to get the bolts in & out, also removed the lower valance trim piece

RC.jpg

RC5.jpg

• Like 5

On 1/29/2022 at 6:13 AM, 16LT4 said:

Thanks.  The stock battery has some life left to it, but batteries never fail at a convenient time or place, and it's not like I can pull-start the engine like my car to get it going. :) I doubt the new one will last that long, but considering the truck sits for weeks at a time without a trickle charger and sees the extremes of upstate NY winters and FL Keys summers, it's not bad.  I'd initially ordered (online) an Everstart Maxx 800 CCA from walmart for $149, but upon pick-up discovered it was 790 CCA.  I'd mistakenly thought the stock H7 battery was 850 CCA and didn't want to dip below 800, so I returned it and purchased an Everstart Maxx platinum AGM (I don't know if the stock battery is AGM or not) for $169.  Upon removal of the old battery, I discovered it was 720 or 730 CCA, so the cheapskate in me is disgruntled that I didn't stick with the $149 battery, but the pragmatist in me thinks that an AGM is better suited to the "smart" charging extended cranking of HPFP and E85.  The stock AGMs in my BMW couldn't even last 4 years, but the Advance Auto Gold in that car that I bought in 2015 is still going strong, as is the AA Gold in my '84 GMC, purchased in 2013.  That truck sits most of the year, as it only sees 1000-1500 miles a year.

We shall see.

I know that they never fail at a convenient time/place, mine failed on my way home from work.  The Air Force Base that I work on had a security issue and stopped all outgoing traffic (15 miles of NOTHING, either direction, other than the guard shack), so to save fuel, I turned my engine off and within 2 minutes, I received the "Low Battery....Start Engine" warning......................she would NOT start.  Got a quick jump from the Ram next to me, and went home.  Next day, I ran a few errands, no issues until I completed the last errand......she wouldn't start again.  Called AAA out, they jump started my truck and I drove to stealership (other side of the highway, less than a mile away), where they replaced my (2yo) battery for FREE.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, doubeleive said:

got the rough country D-ring adapters installed yesterday, took a lot more work than I expected because of the winch had to take off the grill and bumper and unbolt the winch and lift it up to get the bolts in & out, also removed the lower valance trim piece

RC.jpg

RC5.jpg

Looks great man :thumbs:

Hey, what fog lights do you have?

Edited by M1ck3y
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, cohibadream said:

Yeah, those look good! May have to give them a shot!

Not meaning to hijack his answer, but check out Diode Dynamics SS3 fogs. I believe he bought the Max version, which I can't even put into perspective how anything could be brighter than the Pro model haha. Just for reference, these are the SS3 pro's on my Sierra. Hard to get decent output pictures with an iPhone due to lack of night-time camera settings, pictures definitely don't do them justice. They light up both sides of the ditch damn well.

Only gripe is the mounting brackets could be better secured to the actual fog housing. Definitely don't see any issue with them popping out but the brackets were designed half-assed. Another new product to hit the market is Morimoto 4Banger pods. Headlight revolution compared them to the SS3 and the results are good, if not better... 

Ok now I've definitely hijacked this from you @doubeleive.. my bad 🤣

ss3.thumb.jpg.eab2ee4ccf6921a2a66a19e26c4cd5f2.jpg

ss2(3).thumb.jpg.58855d00ef1f355dfdcd5526ec7fcd86.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, boettcher40 said:

Not meaning to hijack his answer, but check out Diode Dynamics SS3 fogs. I believe he bought the Max version, which I can't even put into perspective how anything could be brighter than the Pro model haha. Just for reference, these are the SS3 pro's on my Sierra. Hard to get decent output pictures with an iPhone due to lack of night-time camera settings, pictures definitely don't do them justice. They light up both sides of the ditch damn well.

Only gripe is the mounting brackets could be better secured to the actual fog housing. Definitely don't see any issue with them popping out but the brackets were designed half-assed. Another new product to hit the market is Morimoto 4Banger pods. Headlight revolution compared them to the SS3 and the results are good, if not better... 

Ok now I've definitely hijacked this from you @doubeleive.. my bad 🤣

ss3.thumb.jpg.eab2ee4ccf6921a2a66a19e26c4cd5f2.jpg

ss2(3).thumb.jpg.58855d00ef1f355dfdcd5526ec7fcd86.jpg

i'm lovin these ss3 max, the beam is so wide I can see what's on the sides even 50-60 feet away, maybe farther, I put a set on my Yukon as well and I must have them aimed right because I am not getting flashed, not even once

• Like 2

6 hours ago, doubeleive said:

i'm lovin these ss3 max, the beam is so wide I can see what's on the sides even 50-60 feet away, maybe farther, I put a set on my Yukon as well and I must have them aimed right because I am not getting flashed, not even once

I like their amber drl's (led board), but its not compatible with ltz trim for some reason 😠

https://www.diodedynamics.com/2016-2018-chevrolet-silverado-drl-led-boards.html

To be completely honest, I took note of your fog light's because the housing is damn near perfect for an air duct. Mount a brake duct hose between it and the air box... I wonder if they'd let me just buy one replacement housing :lol:

Edited by M1ck3y