What have you done to your K2 today?

On 2/12/2022 at 12:57 AM, 16LT4 said:

Well then I guess we all learned something today.  

I'm usually at sea... but I digress.  The light patterns that we're all familiar with, at their base, are designed to let other drivers know the vehicle's fore, aft, and sides, direction, driver's intent, disability, and length.  Most people just think "oh to see where I'm going" but it's much more.  Why red for tail lights and brake lights for example, and not blue or green?  Because red is the most easy color on the brain in low-light conditions, and why BMW and airplane gauges are red back-lit, along with chart tables in ships wheelhouses having red overhead lights.  When driving behind others one is constantly looking up the stern of every car in front of them, hence everything being red to prevent light-blindness and offer maximum "retinal recovery."  Vehicles over a certain length (including trailers) require multiple lights down the flank to indicate there is a vehicle between the bright and dull lights so that someone doesn't attempt to split the uprights.  At sea, if someone switches a green and a red (I've seen it), people die.  I promise, every external light on a vehicle that leaves the factory is DOT required, someplace.  If Ford wanted to install lights because they thought it "looked cool" and would entice buyers, they'd have backlit rotors and under-chassis lighting as options but don't for a reason. 😉

3 ambers in the grill are far better than the nudnicks who replace their halogen bulbs with LEDs expecting better light; Dante has a specific circle reserved just for them.

The More You Know': There's More to Know - The Atlantic

So I tried not to wade into this debate until now.  All of your information above is very helpful - like you I wish people knew the lighting requirements (I am also a boater and have seen bad things happen with incorrect lighting).  However you are wrong about additional clearance lights being illegal.  As a matter of fact you can order the 5 "wide-body" cab clearance lights direct from the GM factory on an 80" 1500.  You can order them as a stand-alone option (from accessories) or they also come as part of RPO code C6P (8600 GVWR).  I do it for all the 1500's in our fleet since it helps to make them even more visible on jobsites. 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 10:07 AM, arsonfnder said:

Took her out sled riding today.  BTW does anyone have a set of stock wheels for the Centennial Silverado they want to sell?

2022 sledding 1.jpg

2022 sledding 2.jpg

Trail boss wheels on a centennial edition isnt something i thought i needed to see. But here i am. Lol thanks for the new wallpaper! Love the truck!

• Like 1

They're not in the same driveway all too often so I wanted to take this fun picture; mine and my Dad's truck which just came back from transmission service.

The one to the left (mine; the 2014) was the company vehicle from new until around 2016 when it was retired. The one to the right (white truck) is its younger replacement! Crazy to see the shift in use over the years, when it was being put to work the black truck had an uncovered, painted bed, chrome package, and a toolbox in the back which has since been replaced by color-matched everything, tonneau cover, and running boards. 🙂

IMG_3763.thumb.jpeg.6ff4d62f1b4533aada480e42835d0e78.jpeg

Edited by OffTheAir
  • Like 4

JUST ADDED THIS NEW MOD TO THE TRUCK INSTALLED MY SELF, PRETTY HAPPY WITH THE OUTCOME. (Bought used for 580$ retail 1337$)D1AD6580-7643-4FB0-A55B-64ABCDFB2C7C.thumb.jpeg.b393015373b1be5611a5a4f599e9bd4d.jpeg

Dude bought it in June.2.21 still under warranty. Dude sold his truck so I got this bad boy for killer steal!

F0A2E825-C4D1-4ED8-9E63-F6AAA881B692.thumb.jpeg.7cc5a35799df0dc8e3786aa7d5c6cf3b.jpeg
bought this chrome push button switch just to test it but I might keep it looks decent 

43B8AE7C-CAAC-4574-A808-B234553ADDCA.thumb.jpeg.83b2563ce2b35857e4893c4773c0af6d.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2022 at 4:25 PM, sk said:

So I tried not to wade into this debate until now.  All of your information above is very helpful - like you I wish people knew the lighting requirements (I am also a boater and have seen bad things happen with incorrect lighting).  However you are wrong about additional clearance lights being illegal.  As a matter of fact you can order the 5 "wide-body" cab clearance lights direct from the GM factory on an 80" 1500.  You can order them as a stand-alone option (from accessories) or they also come as part of RPO code C6P (8600 GVWR).  I do it for all the 1500's in our fleet since it helps to make them even more visible on jobsites. 

I was down in the Keys last week for work and just outside of Florida City on the approach I saw a M-D county sheriff pulled over a Nissan hardbody with roof-mounted clearance lights.  As I went by, I noticed the LEO and the driver gesturing towards the roof of the truck.

Coincidence?  Infraction?  I couldn't tell ya, but I considered it quite apropos.

And just to keep with the them of this thread: I started mine and moved it from one drive way to the other, to get it out of the way today.  Sometimes I'll drive it a few times a week, other times it'll go weeks without even being though about. :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Frankielozano214 said:

JUST ADDED THIS NEW MOD TO THE TRUCK INSTALLED MY SELF, PRETTY HAPPY WITH THE OUTCOME. (Bought used for 580$ retail 1337$)D1AD6580-7643-4FB0-A55B-64ABCDFB2C7C.thumb.jpeg.b393015373b1be5611a5a4f599e9bd4d.jpeg

Dude bought it in June.2.21 still under warranty. Dude sold his truck so I got this bad boy for killer steal!

F0A2E825-C4D1-4ED8-9E63-F6AAA881B692.thumb.jpeg.7cc5a35799df0dc8e3786aa7d5c6cf3b.jpeg
bought this chrome push button switch just to test it but I might keep it looks decent 

43B8AE7C-CAAC-4574-A808-B234553ADDCA.thumb.jpeg.83b2563ce2b35857e4893c4773c0af6d.jpeg

When do we get to hear them???

Well after months of having a motofab 2.5 inch level kit lying around( didn'twant to cough up 200+ for installation), I finally had time to install it.  Took a whole lot of time and cursing but loved the results.  Those old end links are a son of a gun, had to cut the 2nd one off. Now just to order the rear block, to get a bit of rake back.