What have you done to your K2 today?

1 hour ago, MikeBMW said:

I installed the Boost Auto Parts folding tow mirrors today.
Temporarily deleted my tow mirror cams because I can't figure out how to run the cam wires.
I think it takes an entire mirror disassembly.
Anyway, here it is ... sorry about the audio, ...

Truck looks great, those are pretty slick. Impressed how tight they tuck into the body when closed.

Did your factory ones not fold? 

Truck looks great, keep up the correct choice additions!!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Truck looks great, those are pretty slick. Impressed how tight they tuck into the body when closed.

Did your factory ones not fold? 

Truck looks great, keep up the correct choice additions!!!

Thanks, Jim! The stock towing mirror were manual fold.
Since I also replaced the mirror switch with a GM switch meant for power fold mirrors, the new Boost Auto Parts tow mirrors have the motor and I can now power fold them.
The new mirrors are nearly an exact copy of the stock tow mirrors.
Now, if I could figure out a way to get the auto-fold options activated!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MikeBMW said:

I installed the Boost Auto Parts folding tow mirrors today.
Temporarily deleted my tow mirror cams because I can't figure out how to run the cam wires.
I think it takes an entire mirror disassembly.
Anyway, here it is ... sorry about the audio, ...

Like those headlight.. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeBMW said:

Thanks! They are the Morimoto XB headlights - a bit pricey but, to me, worth it! :)

I really need to stay away from this thread.. :D Is the light output any better? I like the LED output on mine now. 

Edited by jpinoy
  • Haha 1

Just now, jpinoy said:

I really need to stay away from this thread.. :D

I hear ya! This site has cost me near 5 Grand and counting ... but, I've had a lot of fun! :D

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, jpinoy said:

Is the light output any better? I like the LED output on mine now. 

I went from HIDs to these, they are a bit brighter but not spectacular so.
I mainly went for the look.
BTW, @jpinoy, you have a very impressive mod list - well done! :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MikeBMW said:

I went from HIDs to these, they are a bit brighter but not spectacular so.
I mainly went for the look.
BTW, @jpinoy, you have a very impressive mod list - well done! :)

Oh ok. I have the LED setup now, so I'll replace them with these when they finally go out. 

Yeah, all those are from the forums.. haha!

• Like 1

Was getting a "low battery" notice and the truck was taking 3-4 attempts to get started on really cold days, then failed to start altogether. So, I took the opportunity to upgrade to an Interstate AGM battery from what I'm pretty sure was the original. Apparently, the battery wasn't the only problem though because it still wasn't starting after the swap even though everything else worked.

$600 later (w/ towing), it's got a new starter and is firing like a dream every time regardless of the weather. Annoying and a little too much of a coincidence 🤔 that these both failed at the same time, but I guess that's just my luck. Details in the build thread.

• Like 2

Saturday, I did a few mods and started others.  

Completed:

- Painted XM Antenna swap 

- Tonneau Cover front end gap - plugged 

- CB Antenna back on truck

Started:

- Hidden Antenna install (unforeseen parts required)

- Dash Cam (wrong hardwire kit bundled with camera system, THX Amazon, rear camera umbilical connected)

- CB Antenna Coax into cab (in bed for now)

- Reverse Camera Display brightness mod (too bright at night, figuring out a way to release the pin from the connector)

During this week, finish the started mods. 

Next Saturday, CB/Scanner install. 

See my build album for “finished” pictures. 

FCA6FC02-884B-4F9E-977B-1E7A6DCAF6DA.jpeg

A42C58AA-7BBB-4088-8AB7-C21EB1D75729.jpeg

B9D10218-A95E-438B-B9B3-310A450E04A6.jpeg

BE6D2D92-D2DF-412C-AB44-F14FC483A43F.jpeg

D00CDD84-1914-44DC-8F25-D73C41D385C6.jpeg

Edited by Ravenkeeper
Slowly adding pictures
  • Like 4

Not quite a mod but I had to replace the Illinois plates with Wisconsin plates as I recently became a new resident. Plates were easy, quick run on Thursday to DMV about 25 miles away with Illinois title and left with new Wisconsin title and plates. There was no line, only 1 person in front of me so I blasted through there in no time. I also got my new DL. Only hitch was that I was given 45 days to get emissions testing. So the Range AFM delete got unplugged and a Bluetooth OBDII tester got plugged in. By yesterday afternoon after a couple highway runs, all necessary tests showed complete. So today  I drove the block and a half to a local auto shop that does emissions testing. Took all of a couple minutes and it passed. Pulling out, the Range got plugged back in again. Life is good!

Edited by mikeyk101
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Ravenkeeper said:

Started:

- Dash Cam (wrong hardwire kit bundled with camera system, THX Amazon, rear camera umbilical connected)

BE6D2D92-D2DF-412C-AB44-F14FC483A43F.jpeg

D00CDD84-1914-44DC-8F25-D73C41D385C6.jpeg

I got that same dash cam, really like it. Even with my 'dark' tint on the back, still get great videos. 

Edited by jpinoy
  • Like 2

On 3/21/2022 at 12:06 PM, Turtl3Up said:

Was getting a "low battery" notice and the truck was taking 3-4 attempts to get started on really cold days, then failed to start altogether. So, I took the opportunity to upgrade to an Interstate AGM battery from what I'm pretty sure was the original. Apparently, the battery wasn't the only problem though because it still wasn't starting after the swap even though everything else worked.

$600 later (w/ towing), it's got a new starter and is firing like a dream every time regardless of the weather. Annoying and a little too much of a coincidence 🤔 that these both failed at the same time, but I guess that's just my luck. Details in the build thread.

Same exact thing happened to me last month. Dead battery in the driveway, wouldn't even turn over click-click-click. Tried to jumper my starter in the fuse box and that was dead also. New battery, new starter, fired right up like a champ.

• Like 2