What have you done to your K2 today?

12 hours ago, CajunFries said:

Got some nighttime shot of how bright the reverse lights are. 

9A3B5070-D656-4400-AE8E-0E43CD372726.jpeg

3F44FC02-8C7D-407C-A4F0-CF7C93050C04.jpeg

You're giving me the horrible idea of putting a Diode SS3 pod in the receiver hitch to give a little payback to the person behind me that put HID's in their halogen reflector housings..... Too petty? 😅

12 hours ago, boettcher40 said:

You're giving me the horrible idea of putting a Diode SS3 pod in the receiver hitch to give a little payback to the person behind me that put HID's in their halogen reflector housings..... Too petty? 😅

Lol you’re not the only one!!! I have a pair of Baja Design s2 pro sitting in my tool box…. REALLLLLY temping. But nah. I just get behind them and blast them with the BD S2 pros from my A pillar haha just a quick flash. they are hooked up to my high beam. Quick and easy

0C43220A-E964-427C-A4AA-531C1B16A9DD.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CajunFries said:

Lol you’re not the only one!!! I have a pair of Baja Design s2 pro sitting in my tool box…. REALLLLLY temping. But nah. I just get behind them and blast them with the BD S2 pros from my A pillar haha just a quick flash. they are hooked up to my high beam. Quick and easy

Those cosmis ain't half bad

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CajunFries said:

Nice wheels!  How are those 420V's?  I loved the way they look, had trouble finding out how they perform.  Ended up with a set of Goodyear Eagle Sport All Season for my new summer wheels.  

• Like 1

Finally got Hptuners and did my first tune of the ECU and transmission, removing torque management braking and also removing torque converter lockup on gears 1-4. It’s a 6 speed. I’m very pleased with how it has turned out. Acceleration is smooth and fast compared to before. There is so much more I will change but I’ll spend some more time learning to use the scanner properly before I change shift points and other things. Still no wide band yet so engine tuning will have to wait.

15 hours ago, newdude said:

Nice wheels!  How are those 420V's?  I loved the way they look, had trouble finding out how they perform.  Ended up with a set of Goodyear Eagle Sport All Season for my new summer wheels.  

Thanks! The 420V are really nice. Havnt had them in the back yet just the front. But so far, it handles pretty much everything I throw at it. It’s really predictable of where the limits are. Does really good in the rain also. 

Finally got around to installing the Airlift 25980EZ compressor that I bought last year for my rear Airlift bags. I bought it as a warehouse deal on Amazon and got it for a really decent price. I wanted the EZ model as it came with manifold and compressor mounted already on a base which made it a much easier install. Also the compressor is the heavy duty one instead of the standard that comes in the regular kit. It also gave me a chance to tidy up the air lines that I just slapped in and rigged up when installing them. Now I can always make sure that the proper pressure is in them from the driver's seat or quickly adjust them as needed. Pretty happy with how it turned out.

Edited by mikeyk101
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, mikeyk101 said:

Finally got around to installing the Airlift 25980EZ compressor that I bought last year for my rear Airlift bags. I bought it as a warehouse deal on Amazon and got it for a really decent price. I wanted the EZ model as it came with manifold and compressor mounted already on a base which made it a much easier install. Also the compressor is the heavy duty one instead of the standard that comes in the regular kit. It also gave me a chance to tidy up the air lines that I just slapped in and rigged up when installing them. Now I can always make sure that the proper pressure is in them from the driver's seat or quickly adjust them as needed. Pretty happy with how it turned out.

Pictures?

1 hour ago, M1ck3y said:

Pictures?

Not really a lot to show but here are some photos. Since I went with the all in one EZ, it makes it much easier. I bolted the unit on the outside of the frame towards rear of running boards. It uses a single large u-bolt to hold it on.

Screenshot_20220414-183036_Gallery.thumb.jpg.14e0e99fc1790929e4d0511ada742e64.jpg

It is fairly well hidden. I may need to tidy up the wiring a bit more but it will do for now.

Screenshot_20220414-183102_Gallery.thumb.jpg.9638ef3323f83a52d6615b7b08d37212.jpg

I already had the airbags installed but had just been manually filling each one. This is going to be so much easier...

Screenshot_20220414-183147_Gallery.thumb.jpg.c265b81dae733b295e3754ef0de87157.jpg

The air lines are stupid easy to work with. I just had tto make sure to make straight cuts and they push right into the fittings. And if I ever need to do anything such as replace a line, there is a collar that gets pushed in and the air line slides right out. Why can't plumbing be that easy???

Edited by mikeyk101

I had the dealer install the door keypad to unlock or lock the truck when either I don't have the keys on me or want to leave the keys in the truck when I go kayaking or road biking on various trails.
I think it works great! I vacillated about the location but went with the usual install and, since I have black window trim, it looks fine.

• Like 3