What have you done to your K2 today?

So happy to share a positive repair story!

I was on my way to Royal Oak for a concert on Friday and my temperature gauge wouldn't move, resulting in the infamous radiator fan blast. Soured my mood, ended up getting a check engine light and my truck sounded like an airplane taking off.

Checked the code next morning, typical P0128 called for the thermostat. I figured there was not a chance, I had just replaced this with the updated design not even a year ago when I replaced my radiator.

So this morning I went to Autozone and bought a new Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor, replaced the old one, disconnected the battery, and everything is back to normal!! Cheap, 15-minute repair 🙂

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, OffTheAir said:

I was on my way to Royal Oak for a concert on Friday and my temperature gauge wouldn't move, resulting in the infamous radiator fan blast. Soured my mood, ended up getting a check engine light and my truck sounded like an airplane taking off.

Checked the code next morning, typical P0128 called for the thermostat. I figured there was not a chance, I had just replaced this with the updated design not even a year ago when I replaced my radiator.

So this morning I went to Autozone and bought a new Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor, replaced the old one, disconnected the battery, and everything is back to normal!! Cheap, 15-minute repair 🙂

Same thing happened to me and my co worker. Three times for me and once for my co worker. The last time for me I got me an ACdelco instead of VATOzone and it’s going on almost a year now. 

Finally had our first 60 degree day, after a long ass ND winter. She's been neglected for the past 2 months and after turkey hunting last weekend, the first hand wash of the year was much needed! Running boards are next on the list.. 

DC4EC41A-542D-42BA-B884-9E275A501109.thumb.JPG.4cb8a40125de596611774aff7cac7c03.JPG

• Like 6

On 5/1/2022 at 2:29 PM, OffTheAir said:

I just did both in the same day and yes, very easy repair

• Like 1

11 hours ago, boettcher40 said:

Finally had our first 60 degree day, after a long ass ND winter. She's been neglected for the past 2 months and after turkey hunting last weekend, the first hand wash of the year was much needed! Running boards are next on the list.. 

DC4EC41A-542D-42BA-B884-9E275A501109.thumb.JPG.4cb8a40125de596611774aff7cac7c03.JPG

Truck looks good!! I'm in South Carolina it was damn near 90 today

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2022 at 9:39 AM, boettcher40 said:

are those fender flares oem? or another brand I am looking for some thin ones just like those, just enough to protect the metal and not stick out.

Edited by doubeleive

Those are OEM on all Sierra's. The fenders and box sides are designed with the flares in mind, they are stamped different and have premade holes for the "flares".

Edited by CamGTP
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, CamGTP said:

Those are OEM on all Sierra's. The fenders and box sides are designed with the flares in mind, they are stamped different and have premade holes for the "flares".

ya I see the Sierra's have a different flare i like that style, kind of searching for a close match for the Silverado but they all seem to be thicker I just want minimum coverage to protect the metal and not some 4" plastic, maybe if I could get a painted set it wouldn't look so tacky.

On 5/18/2022 at 11:51 AM, doubeleive said:

ya I see the Sierra's have a different flare i like that style, kind of searching for a close match for the Silverado but they all seem to be thicker I just want minimum coverage to protect the metal and not some 4" plastic, maybe if I could get a painted set it wouldn't look so tacky.

Putco makes a fender flare that is low profile similar to what you are describing.  They have chrome and black platinum (though I can't find any place that has the black platinum in stock.  Link to Putco website for the black platinum: https://www.putco.com/black-platinum-fender-trim

Link for chrome: https://realtruck.com/p/putco-stainless-steel-fender-trim/v/chevy/silverado-1500/2015/?kpid=go_cmp-135323109_adg-22677118869_ad-99421359549_kwd-5206448949_dev-c_ext-_prd-_sig-Cj0KCQjw1ZeUBhDyARIsAOzAqQLDnan0jJm0Zd1K3hGdb6-gucK_esvSei_4L-14JeDKKsCqOt5z6XQaAnpKEALw_wcB&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Fender Flares&utm_term=putco fender trim&gclid=Cj0KCQjw1ZeUBhDyARIsAOzAqQLDnan0jJm0Zd1K3hGdb6-gucK_esvSei_4L-14JeDKKsCqOt5z6XQaAnpKEALw_wcB

• Like 1

Been a while since I did more than wash and drive her around.  Not that I drive her much now that I daily drive my 05 Suburban.  Last weekend I took her to the Battle in Bama in Mobile.  Just short of a 1000 miles on the trip and she drove great.  That said I got tired of the rubbing of my front tires.  My truck is lowered 2/4 on 22" stock wheels and has rubbed on tighter turns no matter the adjustments I had made, short of getting smaller tires.  I didn't want to get smaller tires because she rides smooth now and I didn't want to impact that.  Since I did just get new tires I figured it was time to do something about it.

So today I was able to take the day off from work and perform surgery.  Inspired by the Nor Cal mod that the big wheel boys have to do to avoid rubbing, I performed a Cen Fla mod (just made that name up).  Basically I pulled the inner liner out and then usign a grinder I trimmed the metal seam down where it was rubbing.  Not as involved as the a Nor Cal sicne I didn't actually cut any of the metal parts out.  Took about 3 hours total.  Now the rubbing is gone and I am immensely happy.

• Like 3

On 5/19/2022 at 10:32 AM, UofAZCats said:

thanks it looks like the black is either no longer available or out of stock, I did find some matte black carrich's that are pretty much identical, while searching it appears the 2500 & 1500 are the same as long as it is not a dually or high country.?