What have you done to your K2 today?

2 hours ago, Snowcamo said:

Installed some of These in the dash. They will see 50-80 watts while crossed at 1.2khz. 

20220416_192706.jpg

Next up. 8-1/2 mid bass in the front doors.

20220416_181333.jpg

Where did you pick up your pods? I've seen some, but they were for outside the door installs. I thought of doing the template stack method with a router. Those look nice if they fit behind the normal door grill.

Edited by jpinoy
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, jpinoy said:

Where did you pick up your pods? I've seen some, but they were for outside the door installs. I thought of doing the template stack method with a router. Those look nice if they fit behind the normal door grill.

i put the sundown's in mine been in there a couple years, sound great, perfect fit, they are used with a jlaudio amp

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004309LTO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, jpinoy said:

I got a guy who makes them. If anyone needs some dash, front or rear door speaker adaptors let me know when you are ready to purchase via pm. I will send his email contact info. 

He asked that I let him know ahead.

These are CNC milled derin iirc. These adaptors go for approx $100 +/-. Quality is excellent. The adaptors are built based off the specs of your speakers.

Test fit day should be today given the weather permits. That said I am the first to go 8-1/2", when most go 8" all day without issues. He's  built many many many adaptors lol.

This is a good guy with very good communication and will work with your needs. 

Attached is a 3" mid in a Sierra dash.

download (2).jpeg

Edited by Snowcamo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, doubeleive said:

i put the sundown's in mine been in there a couple years, sound great, perfect fit, they are used with a jlaudio amp

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004309LTO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nice!

Those should sound great! I am focusing on SQ with this current build. The CDT speakers I installed are actually 2" overall is 2.75 in the factory mount with a little wiggle room. 

The smaller the speaker the better the clarity due to less cone and distortion. 

I'm no audiophile pro but I have been studying the pros on a forum and learn a decent bit of knowledge.

Additionally, I made some enclosures for the dash speakers. Followed the pros and used ductwork insulation foam tape. 

The factory mount is wide open. On the backside. These aftermarket speakers like an enclosure, so closing off the mount should yield some decent clarity big time.

Edited by Snowcamo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Snowcamo said:

I got a guy who makes them. If anyone needs some dash, front or rear door speaker adaptors let me know when you are ready to purchase via pm. I will send his email contact info. 

He asked that I let him know ahead.

These are CNC milled derin iirc. These adaptors go for approx $100 +/-. Quality is excellent. The adaptors are built based off the specs of your speakers.

Test fit day should be today given the weather permits. That said I am the first to go 8-1/2", when most go 8" all day without issues. He's  built many many many adaptors lol.

This is a good guy with very good communication and will work with your needs. 

Attached is a 3" mid in a Sierra dash.

download (2).jpeg

Nice. I'll have to hit you up soon if I don't go the stack method. I'm looking at the Fosgate PP4-T and PPS4-8. I already have some kicker components in the front door and replaced the dash ones as well,  that was just to get me by. Wasn't sure if those 8 would have fit behind the grill. I don't like the pods that sit on top of the door, was never my thing. 😅

Edited by jpinoy
  • Haha 1

Good deal man. These pods really help as they open in the back and allow a better sound wave. Plus time and material are saved. 

Before you go and by rockford fosgate check out the link I am gonna pm you. Open a thread over there in the " Help me design my system" section and ask the guys what they think of those. Let them know what your goal is. Most have strayed away from those horn tweets. And when looking for a awesome mid bass try to line up the "QTS" specs with mine. That will provide a speaker capable of a good all around mid and bass driver. 

Here ya go. I believe it is 3.75" deep or so
Legatia L8 Thiele-Small Parameters:
Overall diameter: 215mm (8.5-inch)
Mounting depth: 92mm
Bolt Circle Diameter: 195mm
Mounting hole: 185mm
Pnom (without crossover) 75W (AES Standard)
Pmax (without crossover): 150W
Pmax (with recommended crossover): 250W
Frequency range: 40Hz – 2,000 Hz
Sensitivity: 87dB (2.83V/1m)
Mms: 31.5g
Cms: 454 um/N
BL: 5.99 T*m
Voice coil diameter: 35.55mm (1.4-inch)
Impedance: 4 Ohm
DC Resistance: 3.4 Ohm
Fs: 40Hz (free air)
Qms: 7.35
Qes: 0.693
Qts: 0.765
Xmax: 8.5mm (one way)
Vas: 26L
Sd: 0.02 m2

Headphones work wonders.😁

Edited by Snowcamo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Snowcamo said:

Good deal man. These pods really help as they open in the back and allow a better sound wave. Plus time and material are saved. 

Before you go and by rockford fosgate check out the link I am gonna pm you. Open a thread over there in the " Help me design my system" section and ask the guys what they think of those. Let them know what your goal is. Most have strayed away from those horn tweets. And when looking for a awesome mid bass try to line up the "QTS" specs with mine. That will provide a speaker capable of a good all around mid and bass driver. 

Awesome! That sounded good on my beats headset :D

• Like 1

Took off cat section of exhaust today and welded in a bung for my new AEM wide band so I could use it with HPTuners to tune my engine. I built 4 ramps to easily lift my truck up 12 inches a couple months ago and they allowed me all the space I needed to take off the exhaust.  It was easier to weld than I thought it would be. I used .030 flux core wire feed with no gas to weld on an ICT billet mild steel bung. It looks great after a bit of grinding to finish it. Wide band works perfectly and can’t wait to start learning the tuning processes as described in the HPTuners forum! 

DEFA6C77-2DBD-4822-9AEE-645814F632F5.jpeg

926E080C-7AB2-4AE7-8E50-CDD74EB2F9AB.jpeg

52737047-87B8-4F24-A25F-363D5039B0D2.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shakenfake said:

@WT35002017

If you kept your cats you need to weld your bung before the cat. Not after.

10-4, it is the new bung on the passenger side in front of the cat. In the picture the 4 old o2 bungs just have tape covering them, the new bung has a plug in it, because I painted it.  Went for a test drive and wide band is working great.

Got my 180 degree thermostat in yesterday. It was such a pain to burb the cooling system. I put the front of the truck on ramps and squeezed the hoses. I had to start the truck, wait for it to warm up, turn it off, squeeze hoses, add fluid, repeat like 6 times. Then test drove it, then added more coolant, then parked it overnight, then added a little more this morning. I know there is some kind of tool for fluid filling that uses a vacuum pump but this is ridiculous. I may have to come up with a fill tap-in to put in the upper radiator hose because I will probably need to do more of this kind of engine work as time goes on.  End result: runs about 10 degrees cooler. Used a Motorad 523-180. 

On 4/17/2022 at 12:13 PM, Snowcamo said:

Bought Rodney’s custom console box 8” L7 haven’t installed yet hopefully get alil bass not looking to blow the window off or anything like that lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363223639774?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=qEi1gTOpSVO&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=Fc6i18mDR6u&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Edited by Frankielozano214
  • Like 1