What have you done to your K2 today?

9 hours ago, xSHIFTxNASTYx said:

Same exact thing happened to me last month. Dead battery in the driveway, wouldn't even turn over click-click-click. Tried to jumper my starter in the fuse box and that was dead also. New battery, new starter, fired right up like a champ.

Nice write up, Any photo's .

On 3/22/2022 at 1:44 PM, jpinoy said:

I got that same dash cam, really like it. Even with my 'dark' tint on the back, still get great videos. 

On 3/21/2022 at 1:54 PM, Ravenkeeper said:

- Dash Cam

Nice, @Ravenkeeper(all of it)! Indeed, @jpinoy, the VanTru 4 dash cam is great!

On 3/20/2022 at 5:18 PM, MikeBMW said:

Now, if I could figure out a way to get the auto-fold options activated!

As far as the auto-fold power mirrors, I emailed with @pgamboa(awesome and quick responses) and he mentioned this function is in the seat memory module and resultant programming so I'm leaving it to be manually activated.
It's just a tap of the switch fold out or in, so I'm good with that. :)

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MikeBMW said:

Nice, @Ravenkeeper(all of it)! Indeed, @jpinoy, the VanTru 4 dash cam is great!

As far as the auto-fold power mirrors, I emailed with @pgamboa(awesome and quick responses) and he mentioned this function is in the seat memory module and resultant programming so I'm leaving it to be manually activated.
It's just a tap of the switch fold out or in, so I'm good with that. :)

@MikeBMW, that I know of, there is no auto-folding mirrors.  Set your vehicle settings, and press "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" for 1second.  Looking at the truck when you press the buttons, when the lights flash, let go. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ravenkeeper said:

@MikeBMW, that I know of, there is no auto-folding mirrors.  Set your vehicle settings, and press "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" for 1second.  Looking at the truck when you press the buttons, when the lights flash, let go. 

Which vehicle settings do I set?
I've been through the infotainment settings and all of the BT Diesel/Autosync settings and I can't find a way to enable auto-fold.

15 minutes ago, MikeBMW said:

Which vehicle settings do I set?
I've been through the infotainment settings and all of the BT Diesel/Autosync settings and I can't find a way to enable auto-fold.

Settings

Vehicle

Comfort and Convenience

Auto Mirror Folding

• Like 1

Just now, Ravenkeeper said:

Settings

Vehicle

Comfort and Convenience

Auto Mirror Folding

Yeah, Ive watched videos explaining that setting but mine doesn't have that, commensurate with @pgamboaemailing me this is a part of the seat memory module function and resultant programming of the BCM.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MikeBMW said:

Yeah, Ive watched videos explaining that setting but mine doesn't have that, commensurate with @pgamboaemailing me this is a part of the seat memory module function and resultant programming of the BCM.

You could buy the DL3 (power fold/puddle lamp mirrors) and do what I did and buy @pgamboaDL8 to DL3 conversion harnesses and switch to make them power fold, as far as pressing the lock/unlock I don’t think mine has that function. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frankielozano214 said:

You could buy the DL3 (power fold/puddle lamp mirrors) and do what I did and buy @pgamboaDL8 to DL3 conversion harnesses and switch to make them power fold, as far as pressing the lock/unlock I don’t think mine has that function. 

I had the dealer install tow mirrors a while ago and they replace the door harness at that time.
I installed power fold tow mirrors last weekend along with the proper mirror switch for power fold.
Installation was plug and play.
What I was looking to do is get the auto fold working but my truck isn't equipped to do such.
Power fold - no issue; auto fold, too much upgrading required.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 6:36 PM, Ravenkeeper said:

Settings

Vehicle

Comfort and Convenience

Auto Mirror Folding

My Truck came with power  fold Mirrors , But that option is not in the settings ???

Edited by PAPER

My factory warranty expired yesterday on the way to work.  Within 25 minutes I received 3 phone calls alerting me to that. 😀  I guess I should have taken them up on one of the offers, as the transmission and lifters are going to blow up any day now. 😆

Unfortunately, this is the clearest of this pictures I took.  Camera did not want to focus on lights in the dark.

IMG_1232.JPG

Edited by 16LT4
  • Haha 2

Washed up today, good weather and no rain for the next few days. (and. yes, there is always a cat) :D
Result:

IMG_0689.jpg

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Like 7

On 3/25/2022 at 1:19 AM, PAPER said:

My Truck came with power  fold Mirrors , But that option is not in the settings ???

Unless your power fold mirrors were a part of the seat memory package you won't have those choices.

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, MikeBMW said:

Unless your power fold mirrors were a part of the seat memory package you won't have those choices.

I have the seat memory package . I Bought my truck new 2018 SLT  Seat memory package , heated & cooled seats , park assist , driving assist , lane change assist  fully loaded .

• Confused 1