What have you done to your K2 today?

bought a kit to install regular D-ring shackles in place of the inset tow rings, this brings them forward enough to actually use if you need to. I can't get a regular shackle around the oem tow rings not enough room a synthetic one works but just figured why not?

701.JPG

• Like 2

On 1/13/2022 at 7:22 AM, KARNUT said:

I don’t drive dirty vehicles. I have monthly car wash passes. Up to 3 times a week I go through. Even on trips where I stop each night I’ve located the same type of car washes. Contrary to popular belief no scratches.  A little spray wax about twice a year. 

Pretty difficult up north to keep a clean vehicle when you have 3 months of negative degree weather.. I'd rather have a dirty black truck than frozen handles, seals and parking sensors lol. I can't wait for the day I can build my shop with a wash bay!

image.thumb.png.2ded8a2cc9f5bc3d89d6392b84523e72.png

1 hour ago, boettcher40 said:

Pretty difficult up north to keep a clean vehicle when you have 3 months of negative degree weather.. I'd rather have a dirty black truck than frozen handles, seals and parking sensors lol. I can't wait for the day I can build my shop with a wash bay!

image.thumb.png.2ded8a2cc9f5bc3d89d6392b84523e72.png

The ones I’m familiar with dry the vehicles. Then they have self serve vacuums and supped air to blow off vehicles. Then you drive home. Maybe you can’t have those up north? I’ve seen people use battery powered leaf blower’s. I have dehumidifiers in my garage in the south, with the humidity here. Up north we had heated garages. Even in the seventies when I lived up north car washing and drying wasn’t a problem. I can’t have a dirty vehicle, I always found a way.

This dont fit in your regular gas station no touch special so I spend a lot of late nights here.

I have the place to myself, bring my own bucket and it's 55°F -60°F inside here while it's below zero outside. 

Screenshot_20220119-111204_Photos.thumb.jpg.4420e8b975e668eb7fcb1eea2b8afa1c.jpg

Edited by dieselfan1
  • Like 3

On 1/16/2022 at 7:51 PM, M1ck3y said:

95mm+ Soler Performance TB came in! Looks good, but it came with some scratches I wasn't expecting 😪 I'm now working on the transition to the intake manifold. 

Also discovered they change the gearing in their tb's so the blade opens 100%. Instead of the blade opening 90 degrees to the housing, it opens parallel with the s shaped bore. More wot area!

BUT.. because of the extreme angle of the manifold throat, the blade now becomes more of a restriction at the the floor. So looking into an angled tb spacer to help correct this. I was going to go with Holly's tb adapter which straightens it out completely, but.. clearance becomes an issue. Considered making my own, but I haven't been able to source a block of pa6gf30.

Ended up putting a Vararam spacer on order, which will need to be modified. It's only about 4 degree's but that should bring it close enough to the sweet spot!

20220115_154112.thumb.jpg.4e65860d644b13010ef4652ab11730e7.jpg

20220115_153944.thumb.jpg.3f9c08c1542092fd945acba3a7a19353.jpg

Are those hold down screws peened down? i hope they don't unscrew themselves... part looks nice

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, pokismoki said:

Are those hold down screws peened down? i hope they don't unscrew themselves... part looks nice

I'm not sure what you mean by, "peened down". But I believe Soler Performance use's thread locker on the blade screws and torque's them to 25 inch-lbs.

They have a 100mm equivalent tb with the shaft completely removed on the high pressure side. As well as what appears to be maybe an additional groove for increased airflow. But I felt my application wouldn't benefit from it, and with the added cost decided to go with the base version. 

https://www.solerengineering.com/generalmotors/se9871-100

Edited by M1ck3y

On 1/22/2022 at 10:28 AM, M1ck3y said:

I'm not sure what you mean by, "peened down". But I believe Soler Performance use's thread locker on the blade screws and torque's them to 25 inch-lbs.

They have a 100mm equivalent tb with the shaft completely removed on the high pressure side. As well as what appears to be maybe an additional groove for increased airflow. But I felt my application wouldn't benefit from it, and with the added cost decided to go with the base version. 

https://www.solerengineering.com/generalmotors/se9871-100

many throttle blade screws get "peened down" on the back of the shaft so as not to fall out, thread locker dose not meet OEM specs for other car manufactuers and is not a safe practice for the situation in which those little screws spend their life

blade screws should also be hollow on the tips so they crush easily

https://www.carburetion.com/products/ProductDetails.aspx?Part=80-5

just passing on the knowlege

1 hour ago, pokismoki said:

many throttle blade screws get "peened down" on the back of the shaft so as not to fall out, thread locker dose not meet OEM specs for other car manufactuers and is not a safe practice for the situation in which those little screws spend their life

blade screws should also be hollow on the tips so they crush easily

https://www.carburetion.com/products/ProductDetails.aspx?Part=80-5

just passing on the knowlege

Thanks, I did reach out to Mike at Soler Performance before. I guess GM just thread locks em' and torque's to that spec.

On 1/17/2022 at 10:04 PM, doubeleive said:

bought a kit to install regular D-ring shackles in place of the inset tow rings, this brings them forward enough to actually use if you need to. I can't get a regular shackle around the oem tow rings not enough room a synthetic one works but just figured why not?

701.JPG

Have you installed these yet? Curious what you think of them. I don’t see that they fit the Sierra, think that’s right? Didn’t see them on rough country’s site when looking through what’s available for a ‘17 Sierra. Weird.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cohibadream said:

Have you installed these yet? Curious what you think of them. I don’t see that they fit the Sierra, think that’s right? Didn’t see them on rough country’s site when looking through what’s available for a ‘17 Sierra. Weird.

haven't got them yet, they were scheduled to be delivered Sunday then fedex dropped the ball and they are sitting in a fedex warehouse 20 minutes from here, I called and bitched today so maybe they will show up tomorrow. when they get here I will try and get some basic measurements from the frame bolt hole or something if that helps. the frame mounts should be the same so maybe it's a matter of how far they stick out.