What have you done to your K2 today?

I installed the frame plugs (rear wheel housing) which came in today. It took only a few seconds. I also went a step further and took two of the (plastic) plugs I removed from my truck bed (installed the tie down rings) and installed it in the middle hole (same size as the truck bed) to give it a very clean look. There are no holes visible in the wheel housing. I had to stretch out the end catches on the plastic plug to get it over the thicker metal in the rear wheel housing. The rear wheel housing looks good without any holes and completes it nicely. Cheap update.

Thanks mcnwil (page 65) for this update. I always disliked these open holes.

pics plz

pics plz

Sorry TX I misplaced my camera and can't take any photos. The hole is in the middle of the frame when you look inside the wheel well. The part I used was GM#15891612 which is used in the bed of the truck for the tie downs. I had to stretch out the two catches on each side of the plug and bend it to get it onto the frame hole. It took a little while to put one on each side but I feel it is worth it. I guess I just had a lot of time on my hands and needed a challenge.

• Like 1

I used the same lights in mine. But instead of running the wires along the door frame, I ran them under the center console. What I did was, I T-tapped into the dome light wire under the dash (if my memory serves me correctly, it was a solid grey wire, and was very easy to find, atleast for me), from there, I ran the wire under the dash to the first light, which would be the driver footwell, from there I continued running it under the dash to the passenger side footwell, from there, I ran the wire to the back seat on the passenger side and just tucked it underneath the center console, then I just opened the center console, removed the rubber mat at the bottom and then unscrewed a small trap door/cover that was at the bottom. There, I cut the wire and reattached 2 lead wires that would run to either pod for the back seat. I had to give them some slack for whenever I move the seat in any direction, especially if the seat is raised and leaned as far back as possible. That seamed to pull the pod as far away from the normal position as possible. I grounded each pod as closely as I could to the pod. I did not run a second wire for grounding. Just grounded each pod individually. The rear seat lights are grounded under the console and the front seats are grounded under the dash in their appropriate wells.

Sorry, wrote y'all a book. Lots of information but a very simple process, and very much worth it with the end result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used the white XKglow pods (http://www.xkglow.com/60PC_Ultra_Bright_Motorcycle_LED_Engine_Neon_Kit_p/xk034001.htm)

As for the wire I tapped into, was fairly easy actually. I found another wire under the dash(driver side) that controls the dome lights. So when you unlock the truck or open any door, all the lights come on. Many members here found the actual wire that goes up to the dome lights on the ceiling/headliner, which is in the black box under the dash as well but it's hard to work and tap into it See (pic 1) of the wiring harness I used to tap into. In order to run the wires to the rear seats, I went under the carpet on the driver side/under dash to the trim pieces that go along the door frame. Continued to run the wires under the trim pieces, till I got the B-pillar to come across the driver seat frame/trim piece.(pic 2) I pushed the door frame trim piece as much as I could to show the white wire coming across and under the driver seat.

Ive been wanting to do this...

what lights did you use, where did you tie in and where did you run the wiring for the rear ones?

I think I also want to do an ambient light that is on at night too.

Whoops, forgot to quote y'all.

Got my dealer to fix those back lit knobs that GM refuses to fix. Happy with my dealership. Also fixed the "seat movement" in my cc.

So are these suppose to be lit? I'm taking mine to the dealer Monday. The a-holes left clips off the trim after I told them I wouldn't buy it w chrome mirror caps and door handles. And they broke the clips off the back of the front seats putting the TV head rest in. I will add that to my list then.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

So are these suppose to be lit? I'm taking mine to the dealer Monday. The a-holes left clips off the trim after I told them I wouldn't buy it w chrome mirror caps and door handles. And they broke the clips off the back of the front seats putting the TV head rest in. I will add that to my list then.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Keep in mind I copied some photos from here on the forums that matched my truck in terms of toggle switches and 8 inch mylink. I told them mine went out recently and they replaced them with no questions asked. They did mention GM didn't want to let them order the parts, but luckily my service advisor pushed hard to get the order in, and had to used the photos I copied. To send to GM. Took my dealer 4 days to hear back from GM, which finally allowed them to order the parts, under "customer satisfaction". Dealer mentioned GM "locked those parts" so no dealers can order them. Can you believe that??

AMP Power Steps installed by Black Jack Truck Accessories. They did a great job. No gaps, perfect on both sides.

And they added a Ready-Lift 2.25" Level Kit... Exactly 39" Front... 39" Back... :thumbs:

20140606_161134.jpg

20140606_161118.jpg

20140606_161050.jpg

Edited by Luster
  • Like 6

Keep in mind I copied some photos from here on the forums that matched my truck in terms of toggle switches and 8 inch mylink. I told them mine went out recently and they replaced them with no questions asked. They did mention GM didn't want to let them order the parts, but luckily my service advisor pushed hard to get the order in, and had to used the photos I copied. To send to GM. Took my dealer 4 days to hear back from GM, which finally allowed them to order the parts, under "customer satisfaction". Dealer mentioned GM "locked those parts" so no dealers can order them. Can you believe that??

Yes, I do believe it!

There is a bulletin out to dealers telling them not to replace the radio and HVAC control modules for knob illumination. GM says that on the early build Silverados they are operating as designed and there was a running change later where they were illuminated. Despite the various pictures and sales literature that shows them illuminated, this is GMs position. Mine were fixed as customervsatisfaction as well, but the dealer had ti fight for me (mine were fixed just before the memo came out). This issue did not affect the Sierra.

Glad you are one of the lucky ones whose dealer took care of it.

Yes, I do believe it!

There is a bulletin out to dealers telling them not to replace the radio and HVAC control modules for knob illumination. GM says that on the early build Silverados they are operating as designed and there was a running change later where they were illuminated. Despite the various pictures and sales literature that shows them illuminated, this is GMs position. Mine were fixed as customervsatisfaction as well, but the dealer had ti fight for me (mine were fixed just before the memo came out). This issue did not affect the Sierra.

Glad you are one of the lucky ones whose dealer took care of it.

chuck if you dont mind me asking.....which dealership did you get your truck from....i got mine from Autonation off of 183. I havent asked them about the knobs yet but if they arent willing to correct the problem i am just going to do it myself

• Like 1

chuck if you dont mind me asking.....which dealership did you get your truck from....i got mine from Autonation off of 183. I havent asked them about the knobs yet but if they arent willing to correct the problem i am just going to do it myself

Got mine at Henna Chevrolet on I35. But they won't fix the lights any more. They got the bulletin just as they finished mine and politely told me that my timing was good because they were not allowed to do it any more.

Finally added my bull bar

Looks good - I need to do this before some idiot f's up my front end

Do it! It adds a lot to the truck, looks wise. If I were you I would add a black bar and black out the emblem.

I like all my chrome - it makes my truck go faster :crackup: Looks like yours has its middle underneath painted black? Where did you get it?

Then it will be like 25 feet long, as if parking it isn't fun enough already. Of course I can just push others out of the way to make more parking space

Edited by Mad Max
  • Like 1