2015 Silverado / Sierra 1500

2018GMC

The lack of the power rear sliding window being available on the Sierra SLT 1500 Model is all that is keeping me from purchasing one. Even though it doesn't seem to be much, I know (as particular as I am) that I won't be happy without it.

I sure hope this option will be made available in the future.

When do the 2015's come out?

Thanks.

Ordering guide says you can again order slider on an SLT (but not on base or SLE) as of week of Mar 3.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What tweaks do you want to see in the 2015's?

Mine.... Diesel and apple interface.

seeing my iphone on the NAV screen (which is useless by now anyway after my free Sirius subscription ended and I can't see traffic anymore, and I don't see any reason paying $5~10/mo when I can see traffic on my iphone for free) surly be nice!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not so confident the Ram diesel will be the runaway success folks think it will be. Everyone loves to say they want a diesel but when it adds thousands to the price, how many will truly bite? VW can pull it off on their cars because models like the Jetta aren't too expensive to begin with. But when most of us here are already spending say $35-$45,000 there isn't as much room as a sedan that runs low-mid $20k.
exactly! There's a reason it hasn't been done in years.... Internet sites are full of diesel wannabe buyers (anyone remember pickup trucks.com and their visitors obsession with the mahindra?) but how many of them I. The real world would have thrown money down on a truck made in India that looks straight out of 1991? Not many. Just like their current obsession with the vw pickup all they say is get rid of the chicken tax and bring it here... Yet no one would be buying it since it would cost about 35 grand.... There's a reason these manufacturers do what they do... Ram had this diesel and wanted the press if it sells good for them for taking the risk if it doesn't it will prove GM and ford and even Toyota right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordering guide says you can again order slider on an SLT (but not on base or SLE) as of week of Mar 3.

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it.

However, when I go to the "Build Your Own" feature to mess around, the sliding rear window option is actually listed but it will not allow you to check the box as a chosen option.

Go figure. Maybe the '15 model will offer it.

Do not see much in changes for 2015. (my two cents, have not read anything or seen anything on '15s). Hopefully they will work out the bugs we have heard about here. A new color or two would help.

6.2 in SLE would be nice along with leather in an SLE other than black. And 18" wheels that look better (or at least as nice as the SLE 20 and SLT 20) would be nice. We do not all want to pay for 20s to look better but to ride in the pasture and mesquite thorns. Oh, and the headlights on the SLE/SLT I drove for a few days really, really need help.

However, when I go to the "Build Your Own" feature to mess around, the sliding rear window option is actually listed but it will not allow you to check the box as a chosen option.

Visit your dealer. They go to a different system to see what you can order and to order. Like the GM site system allows me to put the SLE 20s on the SLT. Visit to dealer to check. He went to the order system and the wheel was a red X for the SLT.

There is no direct correlation between what you can build on GM's websites and what you can actually order. Their websites are very often wrong and are not updated very often - maybe quarterly at best. The dealer is the only place where you can actually see what is truly configurable from the factory, and it is updated daily. I'd be willing to bet that the info on this site is more accurate than GM's Build sites. Ask your dealer if you really want to know, but everything I've seen on here states that you can build a 2014 with the rear sliding glass for the last several months. Several members have taken possession of new trucks with them.

I wouldn't say that. My Denali didn't come with any Z71 badges, stickers or any other way one would know it has the package. Not much of a status symbol when it has no symbols.

I have the z71 package and I know it wasn't much of a huge expectation. The thing you have to remember is that 90% of the owners don't modify their suspension including shocks etc so a factory package like the z71 is a big deal for the non-modifiers out there. I ordered it for the grill and the hill descent. To each his own as they say. It's not pure frickin magic just a factory off road package. Remember that some people hang fake bull testicles from their trucks too. They think this is cool and says I have a tough truck. Not!

I'm not so confident the Ram diesel will be the runaway success folks think it will be. Everyone loves to say they want a diesel but when it adds thousands to the price, how many will truly bite? VW can pull it off on their cars because models like the Jetta aren't too expensive to begin with. But when most of us here are already spending say $35-$45,000 there isn't as much room as a sedan that runs low-mid $20k.

Saw last week on one news show that all of the 1st batch of Dodges with the diesel had been sold. If you wanted one now you would have to wait for the next batch of trucks. We will see how well they do once they hit the road I guess.

There is no direct correlation between what you can build on GM's websites and what you can actually order. Their websites are very often wrong and are not updated very often - maybe quarterly at best. The dealer is the only place where you can actually see what is truly configurable from the factory, and it is updated daily. I'd be willing to bet that the info on this site is more accurate than GM's Build sites. Ask your dealer if you really want to know, but everything I've seen on here states that you can build a 2014 with the rear sliding glass for the last several months. Several members have taken possession of new trucks with them.

I emailed GM as well as called a local GM Sales Manager.

Both say the rear power sliding glass window is not an option at this time, and it is not known when/if it will be.

Archived